No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely NONE, NO, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH, pealing anywhere on the sheet metal. A little bit on the edges of a couple of the flares though

The 2 hour drive back with was great, its a little darty at 70ish MPH and has a little vibrations, though it could be the shitty PA roads or the knobby tires or both. I am going to replace alot of the rubber parts when I get the front axle service done and change out the knobby mud tires for something a little more all season-y
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Mrsleeve you got yourself one heck of a deal right there. My uncle has one of those. He put in different gears so that he could cruise going 75 more easily.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will get some decent pics of it here once I get some tags on it, and have a little time to get out and about with it
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

@ Sleeve - If you haven't hit mud yet, it's to LC's as this is to 30's ih8mud.com

And the shop that has biggest no-bs inventory of solid upgrades : sleeoffroad.com

Looks good for $6K, esp with the lockers - a set of sliders & you're good for a long time

Front axle service is real simple, no special tool & a great intro maint job, if you have the time.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Yeah Linus I found it on mud. I had to join up to get the sellers email..... Same user name just have not posted yet. Yupp been shopping slee a bit already as well. I am not scared to do the axle my self its just I am out working and doing it with out my tool box and in a hotel parking lot might unnerve management a little bit lol

Slider and a little armor are on the short list as is a decent light bar, and few other odds and end

William Pitt-

Comment

Every truck looks like this where I'm at right now. I love the Hilux.

Comment

My Toyota is lame. Bought it brand new October 2014, it goes in for its 25,000 mile service tomorrow.

Comment

Can anyone school me on 3rd gen 4Runners? Ideally I'm looking into getting a 99-01 manual 4R with the V6, sunroof, 4WD, etc. I'm planning on using it for our salty roads in the winter and for exploring/camping in the summer.

Is there one "best" forum for them? Any known issues with this generation of 4Runner? Any personal likes/dislikes with your 4Runner?

Comment

tr4.org

William Pitt-

Comment

The photo's made me chuckle.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I have an xj. Can I post here?

Comment

Just the thread I needed to see!
                          Ive been actively looking for a 3rd gen 4runner for the last month, hoping to find some thing in the next few weeks ideally. Going to sell my e34 and use the 4runner as the camping/adventure rig, I'm stoked to have a more room and take on a little more rugged terrain. I check craigslist dairy down here in Austin, seems like one gets posted every day which is good, most of them seem to be around $3k to $7k and 150k miles to 250k, ideally Id like to land somewhere in the middle.
                          Im thinking about going to check this out this coming week.. http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/5165739883.html

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I'm thinking of selling mine!

DSC_6591 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Eric; 08-17-2015, 08:52 PM.
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by markd248 View Post
                              Can anyone school me on 3rd gen 4Runners? Ideally I'm looking into getting a 99-01 manual 4R with the V6, sunroof, 4WD, etc. I'm planning on using it for our salty roads in the winter and for exploring/camping in the summer.

Is there one "best" forum for them? Any known issues with this generation of 4Runner? Any personal likes/dislikes with your 4Runner?
                              Read this. I settled for a early (1997) limited, with 4x4 and a locking rear dif. 180,000 miles, for $4400, no rust.

As you can see in the spread sheet below your best bet is to get a Sport/Highlander edition to get the v6, with the elocker and 5 speed. The e locker was only an option, never standard. I think the 5 speed was the same way, so they are very hard to come by unless you find a loaded sport.

I wanted v6, leather, and elocker, so the limited worked best for me. I think the limited looks better (flares, body armor, side steps) and the earlier year's bumper are better for getting over obstacles since they aren't so big. I removed my side steps.

Tundra wheels with 255/75/17 BFG M/T

Last edited by ST1G; 08-16-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                                Just the thread I needed to see!
                                Ive been actively looking for a 3rd gen 4runner for the last month, hoping to find some thing in the next few weeks ideally. Going to sell my e34 and use the 4runner as the camping/adventure rig, I'm stoked to have a more room and take on a little more rugged terrain. I check craigslist dairy down here in Austin, seems like one gets posted every day which is good, most of them seem to be around $3k to $7k and 150k miles to 250k, ideally Id like to land somewhere in the middle.
                                Im thinking about going to check this out this coming week.. http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/5165739883.html

What are you looking for in a third gen? I've done a lot of reading about them. That one does not have the e locker, or 4x4. Do you desire either of these things? I think you'll be disappointed off road without at least the 4x4.

That specific one you posted, miles are good, but other than that it's rather pedestiran. It's not a 5k car without the 4x4, or being at least a limited. The limited has a much more upscale interior.

Comment

Working...
                                X