No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New daily driver...2005 Lexus LX470. Picked it up 2 weeks ago. Hands down, one of the best purchases I have ever made. I love this car.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      What are you looking for in a third gen? I've done a lot of reading about them. That one does not have the e locker, or 4x4. Do you desire either of these things? I think you'll be disappointed off road without at least the 4x4.

That specific one you posted, miles are good, but other than that it's rather pedestiran. It's not a 5k car without the 4x4, or being at least a limited. The limited has a much more upscale interior.
      Honestly I don't know how much off roading I'd be doing, so I may not need a 4x4 model, and honestly thats one area I really need to do more research on as I don't know a whole lot about the options/systems. Don't the 2wd models have an option to turn on 4 wheel drive when needed temporarily, like part time 4 wheel drive vs full time 4 wheel drive? I had an XJ that was 2wd with part time 4x4 and it seemed to work fine even in deep snow up in Iowa, if the 4runner is the same way I imagine I would be happy. Basically I want something bigger than my e34 for road trips and photography adventures, I plan on using it for car camping as well vs setting up a tent every night, plus I like the way they look haha.

I want more space for sleeping/hauling gear, a little more power for carrying camping gear/bikes, and something that would be more capable on rough terrain than what I have currently ( I drove my e34 on some pretty rough areas last year and thank god I made it, but I'd love to have a more capable vehicle) . All while be reliable and relatively good looking.
      Actually my old jeep would be great if I still had it and it got a little better gas mileage... but that's not the case.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could offer! Ive got a week long trip planned for the end of October in Colorado and Utah, mostly shooting landscapes/hiking/riding bikes/camping Id love to have a new adventure rig by then!

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

My daily. 2002 Double Cab TRD. Previously had a 2001 Tundra SR5 that went through my dad, one of his friends, life as a work truck and then as my first car. It still lives on. You just can't kill these things.

Comment

those 3rd ten double cabs are damn near the same price as the 4th gens ones!
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            I'm thinking of selling mine!

DSC_6591 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I am super interested in this. :)

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
              Honestly I don't know how much off roading I'd be doing, so I may not need a 4x4 model, and honestly thats one area I really need to do more research on as I don't know a whole lot about the options/systems. Don't the 2wd models have an option to turn on 4 wheel drive when needed temporarily, like part time 4 wheel drive vs full time 4 wheel drive? I had an XJ that was 2wd with part time 4x4 and it seemed to work fine even in deep snow up in Iowa, if the 4runner is the same way I imagine I would be happy. Basically I want something bigger than my e34 for road trips and photography adventures, I plan on using it for car camping as well vs setting up a tent every night, plus I like the way they look haha.

I want more space for sleeping/hauling gear, a little more power for carrying camping gear/bikes, and something that would be more capable on rough terrain than what I have currently ( I drove my e34 on some pretty rough areas last year and thank god I made it, but I'd love to have a more capable vehicle) . All while be reliable and relatively good looking.
              Actually my old jeep would be great if I still had it and it got a little better gas mileage... but that's not the case.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could offer! Ive got a week long trip planned for the end of October in Colorado and Utah, mostly shooting landscapes/hiking/riding bikes/camping Id love to have a new adventure rig by then!
              I think you have a slight confusion between 4wd and AWD and 2wd. 2wd is just that 2 wheels (1 axle) is driven only period no more no less..... 4wd is a selectable and is your "part time" 4x4 option (both axles being driven) also has both a high and Lo range options, in other words its there when you need it. AWD sometimes referred to as full time 4wd is just that not selectable and both axles driven all the time. In most cases lacks a Lo Range in the transfer case the land cruiser though do have a Lo range. ( the new gen GM full size SUVs that are 4wd lack a Lo range capability in the transfer case since the 13 model year and why I will not buying a new one. Wife will be getting a 5th gen 4runner next more than likely)
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

I am absolutely in love with my rental. 2015 SR5 4runner. We will be buying one after the new baby arrives. Being on vacation this truck is proving itself extremely versatile and useful.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Good looking hundy/470 there bimmer how many miles??????
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-18-2015, 08:25 PM.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

I'm loving our rental '15 4runner. Will probably pick one up for the Mrs. after we buy our house. On vacation with it this week and it is proving itself. 3rd row seating and rear roll down window are awesome.

No E30 Club
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      I think you have a slight confusion between 4wd and AWD and 2wd.

Good looking hundy/470 there bimmer how many miles??????
                      You nailed it. I was definitely confused, I'll have to keep looking into all this. Thanks man.

What's this about though?
                      "Good looking hundy/470 there bimmer how many miles?????"

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        I'm thinking of selling mine!

DSC_6591 by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Balls! Wait a year and I'd buy it :(

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                          You nailed it. I was definitely confused, I'll have to keep looking into all this. Thanks man.

What's this about though?
                          "Good looking hundy/470 there bimmer how many miles?????"
                          that was not directed at you it was for Bimmerista

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            that was not directed at you it was for Bimmerista
                            Its got 190K miles on it. Only serviced at the dealership. Timing belt & WP done at 116K miles. Other than oil change, brakes, & new fluids; at 160K miles, the steering angle sensor was replaced. Thats the only major service its ever had. :rofl:

Damn thing is solid!

Comment

So what years had head gasket issues? My wife is on board with the 4runner but we both prefer old vehicles with no payments.

I've always been wary of old Yota v6s because of head gasket issues. Was this only for certain years?
                              No E30 Club

Comment

^ you're thinking about '88-'95 with the 3VZE and there was a recall which addressed this but the 5VZ-FE in that 4runner shouldn't have any problems. Lots of people swap that motor into the older pickups because it's quad cam and has more hp

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X