Namm 2016
Collapse
X
-
So Zakk Wylde's guitars are being made by Schecter. And they are amazing. Super fat necks, 24.625 scale. They feel like heaven.












ESP.
Leave a comment:
-
NAMM SPAMM!
Michael Kelly's -




660° -

Minarek -
Zematis -
Ogre -
Drums -











Shit with me in it -


Big name guitars -




Leave a comment:
-
Hey that's genius! I didn't even think of that.... I'll have to bring that up at practice tonight!
Sent from my XT1064 using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
^ Post pretty much everything you think is cool! New Gibson stuff, update on lefty Gibby guitars, Chapman stuff, wampler pedals, electro harmonix, new digitech, tc electronics etc
Mike, flyers are also a big thing I forgot to mention. I haven't done anything band-related in years. We would make a digital jpg flyer of each show with each band name and have a pic of our band in the background and post if everywhere on the web. And you could print out color copies and put them around your college, high school, starbucks, etcLeave a comment:
-
The only piece of advice that's actually been very helpful and useful is to print at least 100 flyers for your show and instead of just pinning them on buildings, make it a point to actually hand them to people. It's subliminal and actually does make your name a lot bigger than you imagine, whether it's for crowds or if companies see your progress and all that, it makes you look really good.
Anyway! I'm at NAMM, let me know what you guys wanna see, I'll be spamming this thread!Leave a comment:
-
That's some good advice hahaha, its true, age does seem to be a hangup... We did do a bar, but they were probably extremely hard up for entertainment. I'll let you know about our next gig, I'd hope you can come!
Sent from my XT1064 using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
I used to manage my old band, get gigs, etc. Most bookers only cared about how many people you could bring to a gig. A couple times we actually got paid, which went toward studio time and got a couple professionally recorded songs out of it.
Your availability opens up substantially once you're 21 and can play bars. But I'd just email everyone you can. Get a list of all the venues you know and email them every week or so saying you're an up and coming band and have good material. It helps a lot if you have girlfriends you can bring to each gigLeave a comment:
-
I wish I was going. Would so rather be in that industry than the performance aftermarket where I am now.Leave a comment:
-
Gahaha no smocks, but we do have some pretty amazing windbreakers (you will see at the next e30 get together). Embarrassingly enough I'm not sure exactly where or when this show is happening... We're supposed to be opening for another local group, and so far haven't heard much. Getting out there is hard. Either places never respond to your emails or calls, or they're already booked up. Meh.
That's awesome though, I actually never knew you were a musician, let alone that you were in a band, that's so cool dude.
Sent from my XT1064 using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
One of you had better have a typewriter and a smock
Where is your gig? My old band used to play in the party room of an arcade hallLeave a comment:
-
Haha brilliant. Call us hipsters, but we're trying to do it the old way. Arranged in a circle in a wood paneled basement... I mean hell, we've got a show coming up in February, so we gotta get a leg up on this writing thing.
Sent from my XT1064 using TapatalkLeave a comment:
-
Usually when I write I start with a pen and go from there
Kidding... I use a computerLeave a comment:
-
Lots of stuff, man. Oldies, 60's garage punk, 80's new age, Beatles, Weezer... We've been writing a lot lately, just need to figure out words haha. Definately would be a good time.
Sent from my XT1064 using TapatalkLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: