Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integra Type R sells for $34k

It's amazing the demand for older cars.

Bid for the chance to own a 54K-Mile 2001 Acura Integra Type R at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,267.

Hondas been appreciating but that's ridiculous. it's over what msrp was.

If it was a 98 Championship white which is much rarer then I can see this but wow.

I know E30 M3 are way up there but they're still mostly below original sticker unless it's concourse status.

I've already seen the NSX rise and low mileages S2000s are getting a decent premium but wow on the ITR.

Someone must have really liked that car. Like E30 M3 values, perhaps it doesn't make much sense to those who aren't enthusiasts of these particular cars. The main difference between the ITR and the M3, is that there isn't as much difference between the ITR and the lesser integras as there are between the M3 and the 318/325. Same body, B18 engine family, etc. Fact of the matter is these days any clean Honda will be worth some money. Most older Hondas have had a rough life compared to our E30's. Hmmmm I know a guy who has a right hand drive JDM ITR in yellow since they were practically new just chillin in the garage. I wonder what that's worth.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 04-28-2016, 01:47 PM.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I was watching that auction, totally crazy what it sold for. Another BIG difference for the E30 vs ITR comparo is that the E30 M3 has a HUGE winning history.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I dont get the appeal, but I dont have to beacuse I didnt win the bid. Might be a guy who lusted after one as a kid, and can own the 1 now. If I had $$ like that I might over pay for some of the cars I spent many nights dreaming about.

Comment

Well this is like the "M3" of the Honda world so it makes sense they would appreciate. How much was always the big question. People have different dreams and different means.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Vtech. No need to say more.

Comment

They're pretty cool when they're stock. Wouldn't mind one to autocross in, and this is coming from someone who is a zealous RWD man. That price though, wow.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Didn't these come with a reinforced/seam-welded chassis, bigger brakes, and probably some other stuff I don't know about? I think they are farther from a regular Integra than they look. Plus this one has all the right JDM stuff, with those seats and wheels. Cool car. I think everyone on this site would all rather have an E30 M3 for that money, but I don't think the price is that crazy.
                diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Countdown until it gets stolen starts now.
                  88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                  We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Stolen and chopped up or wrapped around a tree, like a $900 civic.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by word is bond View Post
                      Didn't these come with a reinforced/seam-welded chassis, bigger brakes, and probably some other stuff I don't know about? I think they are farther from a regular Integra than they look. Plus this one has all the right JDM stuff, with those seats and wheels. Cool car. I think everyone on this site would all rather have an E30 M3 for that money, but I don't think the price is that crazy.
                      I think they had strut braces and just bolt on stuff. Don't know if there were more reinforcement other than that. Most if not all were 5 lug (i think the first ones were 4 lug IIRC) with bigger accord wagon calipers, etc. They are closer to the GSR than the M3 is to the 325i with the M3 having a different body and engine.

Comment

front wheel drive! yay.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Wow. Good for ITR owners. I've owned a few Integra's over the years, and they are truly great cars.

Now if could only find an NSX...
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

My neighbor restores and sells late 80s/early 90s Hondas. We get along really well.

There is a community for old Hondas just like old BMWs.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              I was watching that auction, totally crazy what it sold for. Another BIG difference for the E30 vs ITR comparo is that the E30 M3 has a HUGE winning history.
                              This is the first thing that came to mind.

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Stolen and chopped up or wrapped around a tree, like a $900 civic.
                              That right there is funny.
                              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Working...
                              X