Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Very cool....

https://petrolicious.com/articles/th...tories-to-tell

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    There was a roadster gathering in my driveway yesterday. Simon's car is in the garage, my car on the left, and a guy named Jerry from Pinole brought his car up when he donated a radiator and shift lever to Simon's cause.

Will

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    The old roadsters are awesome!

My wife drove a '72 Datsun 1200 coupe (B110) for around 10 years - the brakes were unassisted and never quite worked properly on it the whole time she had it. In the end we fitted a Stanza booster and master cylinder, but it still didn't fully sort it.

At 730kg, even with only 69hp it was still a hoot to drive and used to achieve around 41mpg. It got to the point where we either had to do a full restoration on it, or sell it so the latter won out. The front panels were easy to get though due to the popularity of the 1200 utes - you could still buy them new.

\

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    The sheetmetal from the later roadster can be cut into the early one.

But it's not trivial, unless it's a bare- metal resto, in which case, why not?

Mine's a 68, and I always thought I'd get an early car to go with it.
    Then I started buying BMWs, and now I find that the Datsun doesn't
    get driven as much as it used to.

Well, and let's face it, the thing is a tiny tin can compared to even a Rav 4 these days.

t

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Yeah, I did some light research earlier today, and found that it's actually somewhat involved. I could swear I read about someone recommending that swap when I was looking into roadsters a few years ago, but I guess not. I expect you know the content on 311s.org much better than I do, so I'll take your word for it. I'm not likely to actually buy one any time soon, so kind of a moot point anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    Is that a 1600 with a U20? If I ever get myself a roadster, that's basically what it'll be. An early car with the vent windows, and early style dash, with a warmed over U20. And steering column upgrade, because I don't want to be impaled if I crash. From the pics in your thread, it looks like the Z might use the same steering column, and I have spares :).
    The U20 can be installed in an early car, but you have to get creative with the brake master. It can be done, and has been done, but its less than easy. There has been some work being done on a recessed brake master that will make the job easier. Not sure if its been perfected however.

As for the steering column, I'm not sure you can swap them. It might be possible, but I can't think of anyone who has done it on an early car.

Will

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    Me too, those wagons are sweet. I used to ride in between the front seats on the trans tunnel of my dad's 510 from as soon as i could sit up by myself. Car seats are for pussies. First new car my dad ever bought.
    In the 80s, my parents had a '78 280z. They'd drive to the beach with my mom's sister sitting in the hatch. You'd probably get pulled over for that now after about 5 miles.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    I've been thinking a 510 might be my next project car. I've always wanted a wagon.

Me too, those wagons are sweet. I used to ride in between the front seats on the trans tunnel of my dad's 510 from as soon as i could sit up by myself. Car seats are for pussies. First new car my dad ever bought.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    I've been thinking a 510 might be my next project car. I've always wanted a wagon.

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    It is, and to do what you want to accomplish you have to find a 67.5 as the brake master cylinder and carbs on the U20 occupy the same space otherwise. That's why the factory 67.5 2000s are so rare. There was only 1000 made
    I completely forgot those existed. It's been a few years since I looked into roadsters.

Fortunately, I am in no position to buy anything right now. I need another car like I need a hole in my head.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Why didn't you get it?

I wasn't ready to part with the E30, and I knew I would have to do that if I bought it. I also like to restore cars and that car is basically done. No regrets though, I'm happy with my purchase even if I'm already approaching the asking price on that car without getting close to its specs

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    Is that a 1600 with a U20? If I ever get myself a roadster, that's basically what it'll be. An early car with the vent windows, and early style dash...

It is, and to do what you want to accomplish you have to find a 67.5 as the brake master cylinder and carbs on the U20 occupy the same space otherwise. That's why the factory 67.5 2000s are so rare. There was only 1000 made

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Is that a 1600 with a U20? If I ever get myself a roadster, that's basically what it'll be. An early car with the vent windows, and early style dash, with a warmed over U20. And steering column upgrade, because I don't want to be impaled if I crash. From the pics in your thread, it looks like the Z might use the same steering column, and I have spares :).

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    bucket list build:

240z with a 2.8-liter bottom end, head reworked by rebello, and sidedrafts. and a set of panasports.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Why didn't you get it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X