People with tattoos please chime in
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Mariano,
From what you've said I think you're quite an interesting person. I can understand why you aren't ashaimed of your tattoos and your past. I think it's also wonderful that you will tell your kids the truth about your past.
I almost feel cheated growing up in white suburbia my whole life. I've never experienced hardship and I truely feel as if I haven't lived a life worth living; I've just been coasting.
Breaking off that subject, Mods, can I start another tattoo thread and have the opinionative members be left out so we can actually get somewhere?Leave a comment:
-
ok now that I can articulate myself better since the last post was a quick post since I had to work. I would be very juvenile to think that people dont have preconcieved notions of others with tats, especially mine. I understand that and accept it, its not that big of a deal. Those who dont think of those consequences WHEN THEY ARE GETTING THE TATS are irresponsible towards themselves. But I thought of all that and still got it and very much doubt I will regret my tattoo's even the gang ones, because thats what I wanted to do when I was at the moment and is a remembrance of experience and I believe it gives me a bit more character. Plus it gives for a hell of a lot of interesting stories. I thought it through very much, and when my kids ask why...you know what Ill do?? GASP!!! Tell the truth, how about that??? Novel idea huh? I just think its wrong for people to go around calling it stupid, people think modding your car is stupid, they think music is stupid, theres all kinds of people in this world, its not black and white or right or wrong or stupid or not stupid, it is what it is....there are people that will regret it and people that wont, but that their problem, and not for someone else to scoff at. If you dont like tats, dont get one, but dont shit on someone elses opinion on having and keeping them and multiplying them. I know theres a lot of ignorance in this world, as proven by this thread, but I deal with it and accept it thye best I can while in the meantime doing the best for myself. Fuck someone if they dont understand that, its nor for them to "get" anyways. I hope I have explained myself a bit better. :) I cant believe this thread got so serious and it was just about tatoo's haha with all the other problems in the world people still get huffy about this. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression by my first post.
Mariano
P.S. I took the pics in winter give me a break, haha.Leave a comment:
-
I can't laugh about how OT this has gotten like you and everyone else? I was also laughing at your pretty stars if you really want to know.Leave a comment:
-
-
I love how every thread on tattoos turns into the exact same debate.
The only thing I have to say is that if I cared about what my tattoos are going to look like when I'm 80, I wouldn't have gotten them. And with the exception of the Sick of it All dragon, which is the band's logo, I have designed and hand-drawn all of my tattoos.
That being said, I have 5. I have the "Sick of it All" dragon on the side of my left calf, a large traditional-style burning heart with a crown, nautical stars, and a banner across it that reads "hope", a large red star with about a 1/4" thick black border on each of my forearms, and a dinky little tribal thing on my upper right arm that I got when I was 18. :D
This is my upper left arm (really bad pic, it really is a lot better looking than this):

This is one of my forearm stars, I've got the same thing on the other arm:
Leave a comment:
-
No ones trying to change anyones mind. This was a thread which wanted people with tats to chime in, the people with judgements are the ones who started this whole holier-than-thou business. No one asked if you would or would not want a tattoo because youre scared of people with tats.... True its our choice, but Im not saying I look down upon people for NOT getting tats and Im not posting pictures of nerds with no tattoo's trying to get a reaction out of people. Im not unrealistic in thinking that hen someone sees me on the beach, apart from my lack of color, haha, they walk the other way, thats expected. I just dont appreciate when people throw an obviously controversial pic in the mix just to stir the shit..... I know judging people to a certain extent is human nature, its a function of the brain to handle all the info we take in and place it together and organize it. I majored in Psych and Sociology so I know what Im talking about. Dave CN, you are completely right. I think we need to sort out the ones here who just dont like tats and the ones that are judging. Im not talking to all of you. :)
MarianoLeave a comment:
-
To each, their own.. everyone is different and makes their decisions based on many things...Lets stop worrying about why and why they shouldnt... Everyones opinion will be different on this subject. I myself have 3 tattoos, a nautical star on my lower back in memory of my Grandpa who died in the Navy, a scroll work andalusian (horse) on my inside ankle (I paint commissioned horses for a living), and the silhouette of a raven flying below my chest in memory of my childhood pet crow "Poe"... :)Leave a comment:
-
Tommrow I am getting a large Celtic cross on my left arm, which is an original design that I penned a while back. Its very traditional, but has several tribal designs in the cross, and I am having it done to look like a stone cross, in a Irish meadow. Kinda of neat tribute to my religiou side and my Irish roots.
I agree about fad tattoos, though, hence I believe they should have meaning.Leave a comment:
-
-
As far as this has veered off topic and started a decent discussion you people are missing the hugest factor when it comes to tattoos and professional environments; Visibility. The location of your piece carries almost as much meaning and weight as the piece itself. Have you seen an "original" or "well done" piece on the lower back of some girl and not said to yourself, "tramp stamp" or "might as well be a bulls eye?” Although that was only half joking, I was only half joking.
You people with the argument about how unfair the judgmental masses are you might as well just stop typing. You can complain all you want but your word alone isn’t going to change anyone's mind. As sad as that is, it's the truth. You, the visible tattoo clad person, chose to put that there. Someone that is black and judged because of their skin color didn't have a choice. Keep that in mind.
It’s your body and your life, do as you will. Just be prepared for people like me (blunt) to let you know the marijuana-smoking joker incased in a tribal band with Old English script describing the “meaning” sucks.Leave a comment:
-
Mariano, my firend, lets be real. People judge other people every day. Sometimes for right reasons, sometimes for the wrong ones.ok... the judging of people has started and this thread is veering off its original course. I can see this is going to get bad. Whatever you people think is important to you, understand that there are people who do not share your opinion in what is acceptable and what is not. Don't be pricks and come off as ignorant (which, to an educated person, many of you are). Whichever your point of view may be. Can we do that please? Ive been in a gang....had a kid....have gone to college for Psych and Sociology....I work in the garment industry and work with TONS of so-called illegal immigrants... and I have lived in the worst neighborhoods in Los Angeles/The country so I can speak from experience and have an educated take on what is happening. How many people can say the same? Im going to stop now.
This is me.....and its not terribly far from the above posted person. WOuld you have related my posts, points of views, grammar, statements, and interjections with the person pictured below?

Mariano
If someone judges you because of your ethnicity, that is wrong. There is no justification for that.
But getting inked is something someone has chosen to do. Reality is that among many people, the presence of tattoos is undesirable. I can't say that that opinion is wrong and indefensible as I it would be judging people based on ethnicity. Just like very few people would want to see a Doctor that sports a red and purple mohawk or has a lip ring, most woudn't want to see a Doc with a lot of visible tattoos.
Quite frankly, I'd never get one and sure, that is part of why I dislike them. Do I think differently on a first impression basis of someone with one or two small tattoos as opposed to someone with a bunch? Probably.
Could my initial impression be changed? Sure. But I'd be lying if I told you that if I was at the beach and I saw you walk up to me (not knowing you) that the presence of your tattoos wouldn't trigger some immediate impression. Does that mean it is my permanant impression of a person? No.Leave a comment:
-
If I saw you like that in person, I would probably run the other way! Not because of the ink mind you, but because you my friend need a tan! I KNOW there is a beach near you! Stop workin and get your ass in the sand my man!This is me.....and its not terribly far from the above posted person. WOuld you have related my posts, points of views, grammar, statements, and interjections with the person pictured below?Leave a comment:
-
i have an even dozen tattoos. dead grandmothers name on my right arm along with a redhead vargas pin-up with the banner lady luck over it, 4 naudical stars (long before it was emo gay shit) and a barrel of monkeys ringing my arm. on my left arm i have another vargas girl (red head of course), 4 more naudical stars, on the inside of my arm i have my skinhead tattoo a burning heart with loyal, proud and true around it. on my back i have swallows holding 4 leave clovers (also pre-emo gay shit) on my shoulders, a crown over spilling crossed martini glasses with the word "lucky" in script under it, and another vargus pin-up that pretty much covers the whole center of my back with her sitting on a wrench that it stabbing through a heart and has a banner going through it that says "miss trusted".
other than the botoms of the girls' feet everything can be covered by a short sleve t-shirt. i did this on purpose. i like to make $ and didn't want to limit my opertunities (sp). no mater what you think (or want to believe) people will react differently to you when you have visible tattoos. good or bad that is a fact of life. things are getting less condecending, but that is the way it is in the "real world"., i have always wanted to get my knuckles done and st ill think it looks bad ass, but would rather not limit my options.
do not get a tattoo from the wall or "flash", do not get something that is "trendy". get something that has meaning to you, not something that you think will get you laid or make other people think you are cool. YOU have to live with it for the rest of your life!!! lazer tattoo removal hurts 10x worse than the intiial tattoo, doesn't always work completely, and almost always leaves some sort of a scar. i know this from skin friends that have had their nazi tatts removed through state anti gang programs (lazer is also very expensive).
ok rant done. just think about the advice people are giving you before you go under the needle.
gregLast edited by der affe; 09-12-2006, 10:39 PM.Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: