People with tattoos please chime in

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    ok... the judging of people has started and this thread is veering off its original course. I can see this is going to get bad. Whatever you people think is important to you, understand that there are people who do not share your opinion in what is acceptable and what is not. Don't be pricks and come off as ignorant (which, to an educated person, many of you are). Whichever your point of view may be. Can we do that please? Ive been in a gang....had a kid....have gone to college for Psych and Sociology....I work in the garment industry and work with TONS of so-called illegal immigrants... and I have lived in the worst neighborhoods in Los Angeles/The country so I can speak from experience and have an educated take on what is happening. How many people can say the same? Im going to stop now.

    This is me.....and its not terribly far from the above posted person. WOuld you have related my posts, points of views, grammar, statements, and interjections with the person pictured below?




    Mariano
    Last edited by CleanAzzE30z; 09-12-2006, 08:34 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by MIZTERIO
    I don't get it, what's your point homie?

    Leave a comment:


  • MIZTERIO
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    i wish i could get it through my GF's thick skull that ppl with tatts are put into a general classification... BUT like most ppl who are into tatts(classifying rite there), she wont have any of it. oh well, her ass can be a soccer mom...

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by mentaleeill
    glad im happy with making 90k a year building dental offices and such at 28 years old. the reason i didnt go to college was because i knew what i liked and what i wanted to do, so i made myself the best at it that i could. i deal with professionals all day every day and not 1 of them looks me down because of my tatts, in fact alot of them are intrigued by the art and design in everyone of them that i have. see its not how you show your body off that gives a good impression, its what comes out of your mouth.
    You just made blunt's point.

    I doun't doubt you are very good at what you do, and successful. Kudos.

    But, you are not one of the professionals you deal with. Its not that people won't want to deal with you so much in your role as an expert builder, but they wouldn't want you as the dentist, or lawyer, or doctor, etc. . .

    Leave a comment:


  • mentaleeill
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    tattoes lock you into a certain class. yeah you may be a rebel now when youre a bad ass 20 something. but youre going to grow up, and youre going to regret having a full sleeve of tatts. maybe youll want to join the professional ranks. how many wall street types do you see with tatts all over their body? its too bad kids dont come with the knowledge of the future. i try to teach my son this but who the hell listens to their dad? hes pierced up but thankfully doesnt have any tatts........ yet. i have a USMC on my right upper arm that i hate and wished i had never gotten. thank god you cant see it unless i take my shirt off. i truley hope my kid doesnt get any tatts. and yes, i know youre reading this sean
    glad im happy with making 90k a year building dental offices and such at 28 years old. the reason i didnt go to college was because i knew what i liked and what i wanted to do, so i made myself the best at it that i could. i deal with professionals all day every day and not 1 of them looks me down because of my tatts, in fact alot of them are intrigued by the art and design in everyone of them that i have. see its not how you show your body off that gives a good impression, its what comes out of your mouth.

    Leave a comment:


  • JPL
    replied
    i have an American flag tattoo on my left arm. I know exactly what you're talking about when you say that you don't want to look at it later and think of what an idiot you were back then. I got mine because I know I will never get sick of the good ole USA and everything she stands for.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_fiend
    replied
    I have the word "BLESSED" down my left fore arm. the reason behind it was because i was driving one night after work and lost control around a corner and when i caught traction i was shooting straight for a packed pile of asphault on the side of the road. this made for a great launching point for mycrash which ended in a river bed after five roll and one end over end. landed on what was left of my four wheels and tires. i was fine though other thana minor concussion and cuts and bruises. the car was mangled and the only thing that wasnt completely smashed was the driver's side. so i feel i was "BLESSED" that night

    Taylor

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281
    I see what you mean, hopefully that will change as time progresses.
    i do think things will change. but thats the problem, things always change. when you are my age with your tatts the kids will figure out a way to run 15 inch stainless steel lag screws completley thru their brains and out the other side of their skulls. and you will look at them with disgust and think of the good ole days when kids just had lip rings and a few tatts

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    I see what you mean, hopefully that will change as time progresses.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281
    Blunt are tattoos going to change his attitude or IQ/intelligence? Will they make him a criminal or a strain on society? Thing is I am sure you did your best raisning him. I am pretty sure he will turn out fine regardless of whether he wears a suit, a t-shirt, or has tattoos.
    no they wont change his attitude or intelligence but face the facts, we live in a judgemental society. i am part of that judgemental society. i expressed myself as a kid and in my time i too was considered a rebel. even at my age i dont think i fit into the "norm" of what a 50 yo is supposed to act like. obviously a father wants the best for his kids. im no different in that regard.
    if you take 2 people of equal intelligence and experience and send them out to get a decent job with the only difference being one is inked up and the other isnt who do you thinks going to get that job? i respect your right to get tatts and piercings and whatever else you want to do. i just think you are limiting your potential and pigeonholing yourself and i think as you get older youll regret it just like i have.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    i truley hope my kid doesnt get any tatts
    Blunt are tattoos going to change his attitude or IQ/intelligence? Will they make him a criminal or a strain on society? Thing is I am sure you did your best raisning him. I am pretty sure he will turn out fine regardless of whether he wears a suit, a t-shirt, or has tattoos.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Hold on now.... Tattoos are becoming more and more popular throughout generations. We can all thank the baby boomers for turning their noses up and their kids (my generation) for figuring out a new way of expression. Do I agree with getting your lip pierced? No, but I will be damned if I look at someone differently because of their personal expression. Would I go to a doctor with tattoos? Sure. I know what it was like growing up and being a skateboarder in the 80s. Now look at the sport and the mass production of public parks. What you need to understand is in 20 years it won't be up to your generation.... it will be up to the "Y" generation (my little brother) and I seriously doubt these types of expression will be as frowned upon. I guess it is a catch 22 for some.... freedom of expression is important on one hand, but on the other some children are being told tattoos are not a viable option.
    I come from a different time I guess, if my kids wanna get tattoos I will explain to them about having them in plain sight and how it may (hopefully by the time they are 18 it won't) affect their first impressions to certian people. I think it's funny though, because of my past experiences if I meet someone who frowns on tattoos or piercings or clothing style, I kinda feel bad for them. In my eyes they haven't quite "gotten" it yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    tattoes lock you into a certain class. yeah you may be a rebel now when youre a bad ass 20 something. but youre going to grow up, and youre going to regret having a full sleeve of tatts. maybe youll want to join the professional ranks. how many wall street types do you see with tatts all over their body? its too bad kids dont come with the knowledge of the future. i try to teach my son this but who the hell listens to their dad? hes pierced up but thankfully doesnt have any tatts........ yet. i have a USMC on my right upper arm that i hate and wished i had never gotten. thank god you cant see it unless i take my shirt off. i truley hope my kid doesnt get any tatts. and yes, i know youre reading this sean

    Leave a comment:


  • mentaleeill
    replied
    i got alot. working on a full sleeve as we speak. most have meaning and most are demented. got love II hate on my stomach, a beheaded geisha spattered in blood with a katana jambed through her head (because i liked that one). a skull with a thorned crown and a cross jambed jammed into the star of damian on his fore head, wrapped in negative tribal and biomech. i lion in hte fighting stance on my upper back with my sons initials on my neck, hes a leo so thats why the lion. mom in modern english on my left bicep. ftw on dogtags on my left forearm(and it dont mean for the win)! tribal flames wrapping my left calf and shin. and a evil looking jack in the box on my right calf. none of my tats were off the wall or out of a book, all were designed by my thoughts and my artists pen then machine. ill never regret any i have now or will get because of that. its usually the drunk that stumbles into the shop and picks some goofy shit off the clipart thats hanging on the wall that regrets them. so put your time into your design and dont double think yourself. mine reflect the hateful side of me, someone must have really pissed me off in another life or something because im pretty easy to get along with.

    Leave a comment:

Working...