No announcement yet.

This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you certain the wheel wasn't broken in the collision?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by TG Goose View Post
      my guess is she was finger banging herself, and rear ended the car.

^^^This

Comment

The only time I've seen XXR break like that is in a collision. Plus even if it was from a crack its her own damn fault for not replacing it. I wouldn't trust any brand wheel that has a crack running across one of the spokes.Their XXR for christs sake, not like they're expensive.
        Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

As much as I agree that XXRs aren't the best wheel, there is something completely bogus about that thread. I have seen wheels break at the spokes while the car is in motion. The entire outer rim and tire leave the car. The fact that the rubber is still there suggests it was an impact that caused it. Im inclined to think maybe it was a flat tire and she panicked. Either way I highly doubt this wheel just broke without some sort of abuse. The missing lug nut suggest a lack of care to begin with.

There are a lot of wheels on the market that are cast aluminum just like XXR. Most after market ones you see are. You see them on 6000 lb SUVs and 7000 lb trucks.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

yea, that story seems so fishy.
            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
            (Daily Driver)
            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
            KW V2 Coilovers
            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Someone with ~$1000 to blow needs to buy a set of them, and a $500 car and hit every pothole he can find at 70mph. Then we will know if this is even reasonably plausible.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
              Sounds like you need a massage.
              Originally posted by kpeng
              Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
                Here is a repost from another forum:

My FRIEND bought these wheels to use for the winter with snow tires. She bought them NEW-used
                How about reposting pictures of the SHE in this story :pimp:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                  Someone with ~$1000 to blow needs to buy a set of them, and a $500 car and hit every pothole he can find at 70mph. Then we will know if this is even reasonably plausible.
                  it honestly doesn't make sense if you think about it. It either didn't happen, or it did happen with previously damaged rims.
                  2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                  (Daily Driver)
                  Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                  KW V2 Coilovers
                  VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by PNWDan View Post
                    As much as I agree that XXRs aren't the best wheel, there is something completely bogus about that thread. I have seen wheels break at the spokes while the car is in motion. The entire outer rim and tire leave the car. The fact that the rubber is still there suggests it was an impact that caused it. Im inclined to think maybe it was a flat tire and she panicked. Either way I highly doubt this wheel just broke without some sort of abuse. The missing lug nut suggest a lack of care to begin with.

There are a lot of wheels on the market that are cast aluminum just like XXR. Most after market ones you see are. You see them on 6000 lb SUVs and 7000 lb trucks.
                    Not to mention that the broken spokes are in the direction of the collision.

This is some CSI shit up in here! lol
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

There are round scratches around the centers. The wheel was intact and able to turn and get symmetrically scratched by something.
                      = wheel broke on impact, not causing it. Or someone just hit it with a hammer at the junk yard, because all the pieces are there.

Comment

Also funny how the two broken spokes are facing forward directly in line with the impact.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                        HSAX Instructor

Comment

just god trying to rid us of an evo owner
                          Originally posted by LJ851
                          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

In the picture that shows the entire wheel,the rim immediately outside the broken spokes is bent toward the hub beyond what would occur if the wheel had simply broken, indicating it was damaged by impact with something which intruded into the rim diameter more than a flat surface (i.e.the road). Also, a wheel can't "collapse" unless all of the spokes are broken, breaking the spokes under compression will just transfer the load to the spokes under tension and vice versa. I suspect the driver just had a blowout and the wheel was damaged by impact, probably with a curb.
                            Last edited by sam3; 01-07-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam3 View Post
                              In the picture that shows the entire wheel,the rim immediately outside the broken spokes is bent toward the hub beyond what would occur if the wheel had simply broken, indicating it was damaged by impact with something which intruded into the rim diameter more than a flat surface (i.e.the road). Also, a wheel can "collapse" unless all of the spokes are broken, breaking the spokes under compression will just transfer the load to the spokes under tension and vice versa. I suspect the driver just had a blowout and the wheel was damaged by impact, probably with a curb.
                              Looks like this was...

Blown out of proportion.

1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

^fucking win hahaha
                                Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

Working...
                                X