• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highest property taxes in the nation doesn't help either

Comment

I lime this...a lot...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

That map is really stupid. If you were by yourself AND making minimum wage why would you ever need to rent a two bedroom apartment? You're f*cking poor, get an efficiency. Furthermore, what is "afford rent"? Most equations state that rent should be at most only 30% of your income. Well, if we're on minimum wage the ratio of rent to income is probably going to need to be higher, like say 50-60%. Since the place in question is a two bedroom apartment, take the amount of hours and divide it by two and the number you get comes out to be anywhere from 40-60 hours a week; which paints a far less sensational picture than that map does.

www.truegearhead.com
        - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyDirtyThirty View Post
          That map is really stupid. If you were by yourself AND making minimum wage why would you ever need to rent a two bedroom apartment? You're f*cking poor, get an efficiency. Furthermore, what is "afford rent"? Most equations state that rent should be at most only 30% of your income. Well, if we're on minimum wage the ratio of rent to income is probably going to need to be higher, like say 50-60%. Since the place in question is a two bedroom apartment, take the amount of hours and divide it by two and the number you get comes out to be anywhere from 40-60 hours a week; which paints a far less sensational picture than that map does.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by reallydirtythirty View Post
            that map is really stupid. If you were by yourself and making minimum wage why would you ever need to rent a two bedroom apartment? You're f*cking poor, get an efficiency. Furthermore, what is "afford rent"? Most equations state that rent should be at most only 30% of your income. Well, if we're on minimum wage the ratio of rent to income is probably going to need to be higher, like say 50-60%. Since the place in question is a two bedroom apartment, take the amount of hours and divide it by two and the number you get comes out to be anywhere from 40-60 hours a week; which paints a far less sensational picture than that map does.

qfmft
            1991 318is ---230K - DD
            1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
            so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

So in your mind a one bed is exactly half the cost.
              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

avg 2 bedroom rent around here is about $750/month according to some fancy pantsy study.

So 50% of your monthly would be 51 hours per week.... and good luck finding a minimum wage job that will actually give you 51 hours per week.

You're f*cking poor, get an efficiency.
                'efficiencys' around here cost more because of the nearby college... ie the efficiency might be 650... so your better off sharing the 2nd bedroom with another poor couple, making meth in yours, and letting them take the blame if shit goes down.

I think your map is adding in other stupid stuff people don't really need to live like food and utilities.

Comment

Originally posted by akorcovelos View Post
                  I just saw one of those Fiskers on the highway on my way to work. I have mixed feelings about it.
                  Test drove one with a friend earlier this summer. It's not a 100k car inside.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

As I just learned, standard to rent in NYC: income > 40x monthly rent

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
                    '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
                    '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
                    '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
                    '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

shit where i'm at a 1 bed is from 800 and up, and a house payment is less than a 2 bed apartment (reason why I'm buying a house :)) can't live by yourself on minimum wage any where I don't think.
                      "I wanna see da boat movie"
                      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                        ...can't live on minimum wage any where.
                        Fixed.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                          So in your mind a one bed is exactly half the cost.
                          No. My point was if you have a two bedroom apartment you damn well better have two people both making minimum wage. There are plenty of shitty apartments in really bad parts of town for people who make minimum wage to live in. Or hell, do like the landscapers do and put 8 guys on one apartment. Make it work. Is the argument here that living on minimum wage should be comfortable and easy?

www.truegearhead.com
                          - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

Man, never realized how dirt cheap the cost of living is up here...

Comment

that porsche is a sad sad sight.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Everyone whining about minimum wage should be executed. They're far too comfortable in their leeching worthlessness.

Comment

Working...
                                X