Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that m1 is real indeed

Originally posted by kendogg
    Don't know, but the E90 wasn't designed from the ground-up intending to be a racecar like the E30 was.
    OG RACECAR

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          back to an OEM rear muffler?
          Nope. If I recall correctly, the rear muffler is a 2' in/out Magnaflow with an 18" body. It works quite well. The exhaust sound is absolutely great.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

[/quote]

Source? Location? Cooling towers are used in all sorts of industries(but usually not that big.) But the dome building makes it look like it was a nuke power plant for sure. Loks like a plant I visited.....

On a road trip from So cal to Nor cal (some 800 miles?) along I-5 I made a point to stop off at "Rancho Seco" - a nuclear power plant in central California with a history of troubles(almost melted down in the late 80's IIRC)

Anyways, this was before 9/11. And I was amazed that the "visitor" parking was literally 30-40 feet from the reactor building. No security, no guards. No gate or check point. I drove right up to the reactor building, parked, and got out and walked around. Even the doors to the place were open. Yikes. I didn't go in, that would be trespassing. I didn't. Nope - not at all. 100% didn't go in the building.

Rancho Seco has since been "cleaned" and is "safe" - and the little lake they created as their source of coolant is now a park....really odd. Unless you know people that live in Sacramento/Stockton/modesto - then that's normal. Anywhere you can get to see water, no one cares.

Last edited by george graves; 04-02-2015, 03:25 AM.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post

Source? Location? Cooling towers are used in all sorts of industries(but usually not that big.) But the dome building makes it look like it was a nuke power plant for sure. Loks like a plant I visited.....

On a road trip from So cal to Nor cal (some 800 miles?) along I-5 I made a point to stop off at "Rancho Seco" - a nuclear power plant in central California with a history of troubles(almost melted down in the late 80's IIRC)

Anyways, this was before 9/11. And I was amazed that the "visitor" parking was literally 30-40 feet from the reactor building. No security, no guards. No gate or check point. I drove right up to the reactor building, parked, and got out and walked around. Even the doors to the place were open. Yikes. I didn't go in, that would be trespassing. I didn't. Nope - not at all. 100% didn't go in the building.

Rancho Seco has since been "cleaned" and is "safe" - and the little lake they created as their source of coolant is now a park....really odd. Unless you know people that live in Sacramento/Stockton/modesto - then that's normal. Anywhere you can get to see water, no one cares.

I took those images. I have always been obsessed with nuclear power, nuclear silos, and alike. There are a few nuclear silos in the dessert south of Boise, Idaho where I live. Two are private, one is just covered up.

It's from a nuclear power plant that was built in the 80's and neared 75% completion before the power utility that was building it defaulted on the bonds due to high construction costs. It ended up being abandoned and then sold to a business after all the reactor stuff was removed.

It's the Satsop power plant in Satsop, WA. It's down in southwest Washington State. The cooling cone on the left in that photo above was fenced but the gate was open and it said no trespassing. However I've read people go in there all the time. I didn't see any people while I was there for about a half hour, only cars. I wanted to go in but I didn't feel like getting a ticket out of state and having to drive back for court or to deal with it.

You can see that there is a tunnel digger on the left side by that cone that is more developed. The cones are about 450' tall. They were quite massive. Although they look squatty. These never were operational but by the time they were almost done due to cheap power and the fear of nuclear power they didn't bother finishing them.

Comment

You'll love this - if you haven't see it already - Cuba's abandoned Nuke plant - paid by USSR - note they even constructed the power poles before it was abandoned:

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Holy shit. I get off on that shit right there. I just love abandoned gigantic projects. Add in the potential for it to kill you and I just get that much more engrossed. The USSR couldn't hardly build their own power plants.

Comment

lol
                    sigpic
                    Reich und Roll!

Comment

Here are some buildings designed by my uncle, Brian Bell

Mountain Tree House

Bailey Housestudio

Knowlton School of Architecture

Hargrove Music Library, U.C. Berkeley

Vila De Murph

Congregation Or Hadash Synagogue (Existing GM plant into Synagogue)

Ansley Glass House

Florian-Hart Residence

Comment

no privacy what's up with that.

Comment

I always loved the modernist architecture blurring the lines between spaces. Those are some great pics.
                          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

I'm reminded of thte house from the movie "13 ghosts"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                                I always loved the modernist architecture blurring the lines between spaces. Those are some great pics.
                                The Ansley Glass House is particularly interesting because it was an addition on an existing 1910 house. It really blends the modern with the classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X