No announcement yet.

This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is fucking awesome. But how much does one of those bottles cost compared to the standard bottle?

Comment

Wow, very well put together and a great concept.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
        That is fucking awesome. But how much does one of those bottles cost compared to the standard bottle?

That statement right there is what's so unbelievably ass backwards about the consumer industry. The high majority of companies in the disposable product industry all want to ride the green marketing wave, right up until they crunch the numbers and find out they can make $.01 more per perchase by using materials and processes that are ten times more environmentally harmful.

Designers are bread and thrive off of pushing sustainable materials and more clean and efficient forms of manufacturing, but in the end, the client (corperation) is the one calling the shots and we become nothing more then a drawing utencil. The fact that the only way we're able to impliment these ideals is through manipulation, smoke, and mirror tactics is just ridiculous.

"We have an economy that tells us that it is cheaper to destroy earth in real time rather than renew, restore, and sustain it. You can print money to bail out a bank but you can't print life to bail out a planet. At present we are stealing the future, selling it in the present, and calling it gross domestic product."

- Paul Hawkens, commencement address 2009
        Common Dreams has been providing breaking news & views for the progressive community since 1997. We are independent, non-profit, advertising-free and 100% reader supported. Our Mission: To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good.
        Last edited by Moto-Mucci; 03-29-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
          :D

That statement right there is what's so unbelievably ass backwards about the consumer industry. The high majority of companies in the disposable product industry all want to ride the green marketing wave, right up until they crunch the numbers and find out they can make $.01 more per perchase by using materials and processes that are ten times more environmentally harmful.

Designers are bread and thrive off of pushing sustainable materials and more clean and efficient forms of manufacturing, but in the end, the client (corperation) is the one calling the shots and we become nothing more then a drawing utencil. The fact that the only way we're able to impliment these ideals is through manipulation, smoke, and mirror tactics is just ridiculous.

"We have an economy that tells us that it is cheaper to destroy earth in real time rather than renew, restore, and sustain it. You can print money to bail out a bank but you can't print life to bail out a planet. At present we are stealing the future, selling it in the present, and calling it gross domestic product."

- Paul Hawkens, commencement address 2009
          http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/05/23-2
          Dude I am with you, BELIEVE ME. My post was meant to be ironic.

Comment

And here's a picture for those uninterested,

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
              ^^not a picture? but still mildy amusing
              Originally posted by 416stroker
              well Fünfgang or whatever is the new ubernasty a whore

Comment

WARNING: this image is not politically correct:

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Hahhaahahahaah ^^^^
                  i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Next time they present this they should do a spell check. Shipperd is not a word.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves
                      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post

HAHAHAHAHA
                        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Thank you for making my day!
                          i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              Some student's design project. Man - I find this stuff fantastic.

source: http://designfabulous.blogspot.com/2...le-design.html
                              Why does that make me want a coke so bad? I started drinking coca cola's as oppose to DrPepper after all those winter olympics commercials with the coke. I swear those drinks must have nicotine in them.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                              You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Be30mer View Post
                                Why does that make me want a coke so bad? I started drinking coca cola's as oppose to DrPepper after all those winter olympics commercials with the coke. I swear those drinks must have nicotine in them.

Couldn't possibly be...cocaine?

;)

Comment

Working...
                                X