No announcement yet.

Careers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's official, I lost my internship, the position was eliminated. Year was off to a great start, basically got the job of my choice in the field of my choice, and it was local. Now I have no job, self employment business is dead (I cut back on it seriously to take that internship ) and all leads from before went cold long ago. I am genuinely concerned that not being able to get an engineering internship will seriously harm my job prospects after graduation since I am not going to just chase a job across the country like my younger classmates will. Seeing the current state of the aviation industry I think it extremely unlikely that my position will open up again this year and any summer internships that still exist were filled long ago.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

^I hope the best for you. Tough times to be looking for any pay right now. I myself am looking to change once things get back to normal, even looking now, but I won't bite the hand that feeds. Right now if I lost a job, I'd pick up anything from pizza to grocery stores. It's never too low to just get money rolling no matter where you came from.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        Well it's official, I lost my internship, the position was eliminated. Year was off to a great start, basically got the job of my choice in the field of my choice, and it was local. Now I have no job, self employment business is dead (I cut back on it seriously to take that internship ) and all leads from before went cold long ago. I am genuinely concerned that not being able to get an engineering internship will seriously harm my job prospects after graduation since I am not going to just chase a job across the country like my younger classmates will. Seeing the current state of the aviation industry I think it extremely unlikely that my position will open up again this year and any summer internships that still exist were filled long ago.
        Really sorry to hear, man. Never thought in a million years we’d see this kind of shit hit the fan, and without getting too political having the most inept form of gov’t administration (at all levels, CA is a fn mess) to deal with it.

My hunch, though, is your skills will be in demand once things start up again. Not knowing your specific situation, if you were able to land an internship locally that ticked all the boxes, hoping chances are good you can land something close-ish when we restart and aim toward your original goal eventually.

Also, and this is just me, but I’d take someone with problem solving skills in the real world who’s run a business, over a noob just out of school... internship or no.
        Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
        The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
        The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
        The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. That sucks. Precisely why I work for "the man." IE big tech.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Damn, man... That really sucks. I'm sure things will start to turn up as everything starts to "normalize" again.

I'm just glad I'm able to work right now. I'm in IT at a financial institution and shit has been BUSY. Wife finally just started working again after a couple months(daycare).
            88 325i Cabrio
            04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Working...
            X