Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [quote=mrsleeve;1806648]really most any good hunting round on a decnt action will 1) out shoot the shooter and 2) will group 4 inches at 500. It when you start pushing out past 800 is where you really see where equipment and shooters falter. But still 4 inch plate at 500 is not a simple shot.

    Still curious about the weapon, optics, if any, and cartridge. What does your aunt use in competition?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    Don't buy an e30

    They're stupid
    1989 325is Raged on then sold.
    1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
    1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
    1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Hellabad View Post
      Jay from Gun Control
      LOL! Sneaky!
      '89 325i track sloot
      '01 530i daily

      -Enginerd

      Comment


        Classic Chief m36

        I have a new in the box Classic Chief m36 S&W whats your opinion? Also have a set of rubber grips.
        Last edited by barry; 12-28-2009, 02:15 PM.

        Comment




          What I carry with me and my new knife that I just got.

          www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

          Comment


            You look like you carry the same shit I do



            yeah would be nice to know what she is shooting (all my aunts are scared of guns) most F-class (1000 yard comp) comp are very custom and not off the shelf cartridges or rifles. I still want to build a 6.5mm x 06


            [QUOTE=frankenbeemer;1806677]
            Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            really most any good hunting round on a decnt action will 1) out shoot the shooter and 2) will group 4 inches at 500. It when you start pushing out past 800 is where you really see where equipment and shooters falter. But still 4 inch plate at 500 is not a simple shot.

            Still curious about the weapon, optics, if any, and cartridge. What does your aunt use in competition?
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-28-2009, 02:17 PM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


            The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

            Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

            Comment


              Originally posted by barry View Post
              I have a new in the box Classic Chief m36 whats your opinion? Also have a set of rubber grips.
              38 Spl is weak. Wouldn't volunteer to be shot with one, and it's def better than no gun.

              Good info here: http://www.snubnose.info/

              I like the Centennial's better, no exposed hammer so it's slick as a bar of soap and easier to present from a pocket. Boot grips are the best for these, controllable and concealable.

              I still like revolvers.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by JinormusJ
              Don't buy an e30

              They're stupid
              1989 325is Raged on then sold.
              1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
              1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
              1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

              Comment


                Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                either its the ammo or the mag springs, My BIL's MK I is like that. We switched over to CCI or Fedeal from the rem thunderbolts and it all but went away.
                Yeah I'm already using CCI. CCI took care of any trouble I was having with my Walther P22. Definitely the mag springs as well as one of the mags lips seem to have been stretched out too allow the follower to come too far up.

                Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

                Comment


                  Last edited by frankenbeemer; 12-28-2009, 02:35 PM. Reason: Crap, how do I post a photo from picasaweb?
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  Don't buy an e30

                  They're stupid
                  1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                  1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                  1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                  1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Miasma View Post
                    I am liking what I am seeing with the Ruger's.

                    What about that SR-22? Says it has the 10/22 internals with a new AR style body? I really like the look. And if it has the reliable internals I think I may get that.

                    With the pistol what length barrel would be ideal for plinking/rodents and such? OR does the heavy duty barrel only come in one length?

                    Anyone? Got bumped back a page.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Miasma View Post
                      With the pistol what length barrel would be ideal for plinking/rodents and such? OR does the heavy duty barrel only come in one length?
                      From memory, the Ruger "Bull Barrel" is available in 5 1/2 and 6 7/8.

                      I really like the 6 7/8.


                      Jay from Gun Control
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Hellabad; 12-28-2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: There is also a 10" that looks like a cartoon gun
                      Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                      Ground Control Gallery

                      The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                      Ground Control facebook page

                      Comment


                        I have a mkIII target model w/ 5 1/2 bbl and love it. Its kind of bitchy when it comes to ammo though. The only reason I am going to sell it is so I can pick up a stainless model instead of the blue one I have.

                        Also I have heard good things of the Ruger SR-22. I handled one and it seemed pretty stout. I can't remember the other AR style 22 I looked at but most of it was shit. Half of the parts were plastic including the front handguard. I was contemplating the 10/22 or the Sig 522. I have always loved the look of the 550 series rifles from way back when. I have yet to make up my mind, but the $199 NIB price tag and the customizing options of the 10/22 beckon me.

                        Comment




                          that is one beautiful hand gun. I want one. How much does one like this sell for new?

                          Comment


                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                            500ish new


                            I will take that MKIII off your hands when you are ready. Just let me know, the only thing is that I may have to have you hold it for a while till I know I will be home to be able to arrange for the transfer.


                            Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                            I have a mkIII target model w/ 5 1/2 bbl and love it. Its kind of bitchy when it comes to ammo though. The only reason I am going to sell it is so I can pick up a stainless model instead of the blue one I have.

                            Also I have heard good things of the Ruger SR-22. I handled one and it seemed pretty stout. I can't remember the other AR style 22 I looked at but most of it was shit. Half of the parts were plastic including the front handguard. I was contemplating the 10/22 or the Sig 522. I have always loved the look of the 550 series rifles from way back when. I have yet to make up my mind, but the $199 NIB price tag and the customizing options of the 10/22 beckon me.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


                            The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

                            Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

                            Comment


                              Anyone familiar with the lasermax internal sights? I have one that needs new batteries. My question is if I can pick up 4 little batteries from a local camera store, of if they need to be shrink wrapped together.
                              tasty

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by s0urce View Post
                                Anyone familiar with the lasermax internal sights? I have one that needs new batteries. My question is if I can pick up 4 little batteries from a local camera store, of if they need to be shrink wrapped together.
                                I've wondered that same thing. I went to my local gun store and even had them order me new lasermax proprietary batteries and what shows up? Batteries for the wrong model. They say to me "Oh we thought you had the newer model...umm no tards, I let you look at it and its in a Gen 2 Glock. Really pissed me off and I gave up. Batteries been dead for years.

                                Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                                ~ John Adams ~

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X