Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXJ
    replied
    You can do what is called a ghost load. two in the tube, one in the chamber and then one in between...not sure what that area is called.

Just search ghost load 870

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    ^Tried and true. Excellent choice of scatter gun. Never, and I mean never try shooting an orange disk out of the air with it, or you will be buying another more expensive one.
    Oh I know that. I used to shoot clays as a kid with my grandfathers assortment of shotguns. Just never took an interest in my adult years.

I do miss his old Browning semi auto though. I didn't know NFA laws back then, but there were times where you would load it up with 3 rounds, take a shot, and only have 1 left in the tube....

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    ^Tried and true. Excellent choice of scatter gun. Never, and I mean never try shooting an orange disk out of the air with it, or you will be buying another more expensive one.
    True! I have a 28" barrel 870 and hunt with that. Dove, duck, hog...

I also have a clay throwing machine and bust clays like crazy with it. I got a tristar raptor semi-auto shotgun and just started to use that for duck hunting.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Popped my shotgun cherry. Don't know why I never bought one to be honest.

Picked this up to dispatch critters that kill my chickens. Had a bad run with the latest meat birds. Forgot to lock them up twice, and both times I got screwed. Out of 20, I'm down to 7.

Waited up last night with a dead one as bait, and some #6 birdshot did a great job of dispatching the possum. For a brand new gun, I'm impressed by the action. Fired off 5 rounds rapidly and it didn't miss a beat. Going to try to find some nice wood furniture for it though. It is light, so it kicks like a damn mule lol.

Just a basic Remington 870 tactical. I don't intend to hunt with a shotgun, so this works nicely. Since I'm comfortable with shooting a shotgun on my property, going to get my Wife proficient with it so she has a gun to grab if I'm not home and she needs to dispatch any 4, or 2 legged predators.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

In other news, got my custom East German build back, SN 0002 from my birth year

Wow that is sexy

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    2nd the Form 1. I am very happy with my formed freeze plug SD tactical can. I spent around $600;including stamp, but I went with full stainless internals and a titanium tube+end caps.

But, problem is that I now want to buy more cans.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post

One day I will go suppressed. I just keep spending suppressor money on other guns :( . I'm a self admitted toddler when it comes to guns. I don't want to drop $500-1k and then not have something in my hands within 3 days. I need that instant gratification lol.
    You can always do a Form1, there are companies that sell everything you need, eForms are getting approved in less than a month.

I shot my AR-10 unsuppressed for the first time the other day to check POI shift, the concussion and noise from the brake was so loud i thought i had a kaboom at first

In other news, got my custom East German build back, SN 0002 from my birth year

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Yes!

I keep hovering over the PSA pistol kits. My stupid plan would be a Surefire muzzle break and QD blast diverter, then when I inevitably learn its still WAY TOO LOUD it'll send me down the "might as well add a can" road. :p
    This build is already spiraling. I was going to slap together a quick and cheap pistol from PSA/used shit, but now I'm looking at nicer barrels that are actually gassed properly in hopes it will be a little more enjoyable to shoot. I think even with a premium linear comp it's still going to make my sinuses wince.

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
    unsuppressed is for savages
    One day I will go suppressed. I just keep spending suppressor money on other guns :( . I'm a self admitted toddler when it comes to guns. I don't want to drop $500-1k and then not have something in my hands within 3 days. I need that instant gratification lol.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Yes!

I keep hovering over the PSA pistol kits. My stupid plan would be a Surefire muzzle break and QD blast diverter, then when I inevitably learn its still WAY TOO LOUD it'll send me down the "might as well add a can" road. :p
    unsuppressed is for savages

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Got one of these ATFguy lowers coming because PSA was running a sale and because I'm retarded. I've always wanted a 7.5" AR pistol just to make noise and fireballs, and this should make the perfect base to my cheapo pistol build.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    +1 on ammoseek for any ammo really.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    where do you buy ammo for the k31? I've wanted one of those as well, since I saw them on iraqveteran8888
    Ammoseek is the easy way to find ammo online. They have some obscure calibers listed including most military calibers. Natchez or SGAmmo tend to have OK pricing on bulk ammo.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    where do you buy ammo for the k31? I've wanted one of those as well, since I saw them on iraqveteran8888

Leave a comment:

Working...
X