Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
    Fast forward r3v thread time. Just got it today finally. Can't wait to get out and shoot these rounds. Does anybody here have a 1022 too? I plan on modding it out soon. It is the stainless model, but its just the barrel really apparently.
    I have that exact gun. The newer 10/22 don't seem to shoot as well straight out of the box, you will need to read up on improving it. (I haven't done mine yet)

I notice you live in Petaluma. There is a GREAT gun range out just past Two Rock. Look it up, its cheap, scenic, and the guys aren't all a bunch of gun freaks.

Jay
    Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
    Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
    Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Hey Jay, its nice to hear another good review for that range. That is primarily where I will be shooting unless I find someone with acreage around here. I sent you a PM back, I'm sure you've seen by now. Do you come out here to shoot sometimes? I've already bought a few things for mine. Upgraded bolt buffer, cheap extended mag release, volquartsen target trigger, hammer, bolt release and exact edge extractor. Quiet down the cycling and improve trigger pull weight. Came to about 90 bucks from midway usa. After I get some shooting time I want to upgrade the stock, put a volquartsen thm barrel with forward blow comp, and leupolds 6x42 tgt dot ao competition hunter scope with their base hardware.
      Mmm. http://www.opticsbestbuy.com/Leupold...cle-66825.html

Comment

Wisconsin soon to attempt and is expected to pass CCW legislation

Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I have my fingers crossed for VT style legislation, or should I say, the total lack thereof.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Well it'd be about damn time.

Comment

Take a gander at this here. Martin let me mount his scope on my rifle. I have it modded with the parts I got and the trigger pull is greatlly improved. It's perfect. Here's a couple pics including a reticle shot...dead clown :) adjustable objective...

Comment

I'm in the process of building my first AR and have been waiting for "the deal of the century" upper receiver for the last 9 goddamn weeks. I needed to vent elsewhere other than arfcom.

Slick 10/22 up there too Justin. I have one myself that I don't take out often enough anymore. Dremel out the stupid safety bolt release in it, favorite user mod I have done to mine. That is of course if the peoples republic of CA won't send agents into your house for doing said modifications lol.

Comment

The ATF today just banned the importation of shotguns. This includes the Saiga 12. Another freedom taken away! Get them while you can, the price just went up on all overseas shotguns.
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Why the importation of shot guns?
                    1985 RX7 - Badassery Exemplified.
                    1989 325is
                    sigpic
                    -Tom

Comment

They're the weapon of choice for drive-by skeet shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadrajet View Post
                        They're the weapon of choice for drive-by skeet shootings.
                        LOL. Does that mean no more Beretta?
                        1985 RX7 - Badassery Exemplified.
                        1989 325is
                        sigpic
                        -Tom

Comment

here ya guys go!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Or Benelli?

Comment

Originally posted by dlmpsy View Post
                              Or Benelli?
                              I'm glad I bought mine already...

Comment

The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) generally prohibits the importation of firearms into the
                                United States. However, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 925(d), the GCA creates four narrow
                                categories of firearms that the Attorney General must authorize for importation. Under one such
                                category, subsection 925(d)(3), the Attorney General shall approve applications for importation
                                when the firearms are generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to
                                sporting purposes (the “sporting purposes test”).

In particular, the working group examined participation in and popularity of practical shooting
                                events as governed by formal rules, such as those of the United States Practical Shooting
                                Association (USPSA) and International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC), to determine
                                whether it was appropriate to consider these events a “sporting purpose” under § 925(d)(3).
                                While the number of members reported for USPSA is similar to the membership for other
                                shotgun shooting organizations,6 the working group ultimately determined that it was not
                                appropriate to use this shotgun study to determine whether practical shooting is “sporting” under
                                § 925(d)(3). A change in ATF’s position on practical shooting has potential implications for rifle
                                and handgun classifications as well. Therefore, the working group believes that a more thorough
                                and complete assessment is necessary before ATF can consider practical shooting as a generally
                                recognized sporting purpose.

In reviewing the shotguns used for those activities classified as sporting purposes, the working
                                group examined State hunting laws, rules, and guidelines for shooting competitions and shooting
                                organizations; industry advertisements and literature; scholarly and historical publications; and
                                statistics on participation in the respective shooting sports. Following this review, the working
                                group determined that certain shotgun features are not particularly suitable or readily adaptable
                                for sporting purposes. These features include:
                                (1) Folding, telescoping, or collapsible stocks;
                                (2) bayonet lugs;
                                (3) flash suppressors;
                                (4) magazines over 5 rounds, or a drum magazine;
                                (5) grenade-launcher mounts;
                                (6) integrated rail systems (other than on top of the receiver or barrel);
                                (7) light enhancing devices;
                                (8) excessive weight (greater than 10 pounds for 12 gauge or smaller);
                                (9) excessive bulk (greater than 3 inches in width and/or greater than 4 inches in depth);
                                (10) forward pistol grips or other protruding parts designed or used for gripping the
                                shotgun with the shooter’s extended hand.
                                Although the features listed above do not represent an exhaustive list of possible shotgun
                                features, designs or characteristics, the working group determined that shotguns with any one of
                                these features are most appropriate for military or law enforcement use. Therefore, shotguns
                                containing any of these features are not particularly suitable for nor readily adaptable to
                                generally recognized sporting purposes such as hunting, trap, sporting clay, and skeet shooting.
                                Each of these features and an analysis of each of the determinations are included within the main
                                body of the report.
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                                1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                                1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                                1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                                1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X