No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, an NFA trust is kind of like laser eye surgery...the potential consequences of not being done properly isn't worth trying to save a few bucks. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
      Meh, an NFA trust is kind of like laser eye surgery...the potential consequences of not being done properly isn't worth trying to save a few bucks. :D

That is what he specializes in. Well respected on the boards.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

199trusts.com did mine and it went through and I have my stamp.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          I have been wanting to do a SBR for a while but after great debate the hassle and why should I as permission??

Get a Tavor you have a similar OAL but you dont need the stamp or all the waiting and you get most of the same benefits of the SBR but longer barrel accuracy. Nor would you have to endure a over reaching Barney Fife thinking your brace is a stock even with the letter from the ATF, and trying to get you on all kinds of federal charges you will likely have to pay to defend against and to get your shit back.
          I held a tavor at Rainer arms, the thing felt soooo right in the hand! The weight between your hand and shoulder made it point sooo nice and you could hold it shouldered one handed soo easy compared to my ar. I would have walked out with it if I had a spare 2k...
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
            As long as its done by a competent lawyer then no need to worry. I would only worry doing it through Quicken Will Maker, or any kind of DIY. My lawyers didn't even hesitate when I said I wanted an NFA trust and my shit is all very legal.

My form is still showing pending.. I am sure it will get cancelled but still nothing so far
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^^I thought of you AZ when I saw this listing. $300 is a pretty decent deal for a lnib 0302

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                That is what he specializes in. Well respected on the boards.
                Well respected on arfcom is like earning a valedictorian in a prison GED class. ;)

I keed I keed.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                  ^^^I thought of you AZ when I saw this listing. $300 is a pretty decent deal for a lnib 0302

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...for-quick-sale
                  Mmmm!! I want one so bad!!

Still no movement on my form 1.. Granted it was right before the weekend but according to everyone it should have been kicked back Friday..

I'm definitely liking what I am reading as far as people taking legal action.. The ATF also has been super careful on how they request the stamps back. Only phone calls to instill fear, nothing official saying send them back. If I get a denial there's a guy on arfcom that wants everyone's info who got denied or issued a stamp. Maybe I'll get grandfathered in ;) I can dream!!

But to get my NFA fix I will be ordering a Saker 762 for a Christmas gift to my self

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                    I held a tavor at Rainer arms, the thing felt soooo right in the hand! The weight between your hand and shoulder made it point sooo nice and you could hold it shouldered one handed soo easy compared to my ar. I would have walked out with it if I had a spare 2k...
                    Tavor on G/B is like 1699, so figure 1800 shipped and transferred yeah yeah I know close enough to 2k ..... I get it.

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    199trusts.com did mine and it went through and I have my stamp.
                    Just because you were approved and got your stamp does not mean it was done correctly or is in fact a legally binding trust ( I am sure that it is) for the sake of argument. If its not and the trust is ever scrutinized and found to not have all I's crossed and T's dotted, and everything else 100% correct........ Your going to jail on felony Federal weapons possession charges. The ATF even says (or at least they used to) on their FAQ page they are not responsible for making sure your trust is legal and correct even if you get your stamp, does not mean the made sure YOU did everything correctly, and failure to do everything correctly can lead to BIG legal issues.
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-22-2014, 12:17 PM.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Just because you were approved and got your stamp does not mean it was done correctly or is in fact a legally binding trust ( I am sure that it is) for the sake of argument. If its not and the trust is ever scrutinized and found to not have all I's crossed and T's dotted, and everything else 100% correct........ Your going to jail on felony Federal weapons possession charges. The ATF even says (or at least they used to) on their FAQ page they are not responsible for making sure your trust is legal and correct even if you get your stamp, does not mean the made sure YOU did everything correctly, and failure to do everything correctly can lead to BIG legal issues.
                      True story, federal pound me in the ass prison isn't worth saving a couple hundred bucks. This is coming from someone who doesn't have an NFA trust nor do I intend on getting one. So yeah.

Comment

if you ever looked at a trust you would see it is not much of anything. All it does is states it purpose, the members and how things are to be distributed. In the state of FL the trust does not even have to go before a judge to be considered an active legal trust.

A NFA trust is no different than any other trust. When bulding a NFA trust, dont have anything in the trust but your weapons. Construct another trust with everything else you own in that one so its protected from the other. Its actually a good practice to have your valuables in a trust. Its a great way for asset protection.

List your item on the Amendment A with the serial number and description of the item. Have a copy locked up in your safe and a copy with the item at all times. I have them printed and in my range bag when I leave my house.

Make sure you have the item in a safe that no one else has access to and you are good to go.

You never want to cut corners when doing legal paper work such as a trust. But to save a few bucks off for doing something a lawyer just fills in the blank to a solidly written trust is totally fine.
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

^this
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Changed my order from a Glock 22 to a Glock 19.

I went back in today and held both of them again. Considering the g22 and g17 have the same frame, and the g23 and g19 share the same frame, and for whatever reason I would rather start my first handgun in 9mm, the only decision was between a standard size glock and a compact.

Seeing as a compact is easier to conceal with few downsides (in California, anyways), the g19 won this round.

I'll probably get a .40 caliber gun in the future, but I want to learn and become proficient with a 9mm gun. Is my logic illogical?
                            world renown Harry Potter expert
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post

I went back in today and held both of them again. Considering the g22 and g17 have the same frame, and the g23 and g19 share the same frame, and for whatever reason I would rather start my first handgun in 9mm, the only decision was between a standard size glock and a compact.

Seeing as a compact is easier to conceal with few downsides (in California, anyways), the g19 won this round.

I'll probably get a .40 caliber gun in the future, but I want to learn and become proficient with a 9mm gun. Is my logic illogical?
                              I'd say get whatever your heart is telling you. If you really want a XX then get one. The learning curve can't be that different between 40 and 9 but I've never shot either so I wouldn't know.
                              Have you gone to a range that has rentals and shot them? I went and rented about 6 different 45s and still loved the 1911 so that's what I bought. That's what works for me but only you can say what works best for you.
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post

Recoil difference between .40 and 9mm is negligible, meaning if you learn proper technique for recoil mitigation (ie. thumbs forward grip, etc) then it doesn't matter how big the bang is. .40 is known for being snappy, which isn't really a pleasant feeling whereas the .45 is more of a big push and the 9mm is just a little pop. If you feel the .40 is the caliber you have to have, no one will try to talk you out of it as it has proven itself, but don't discount the 9mm with good defensive ammo. When it comes down to all pistol calibers out of a handgun, it's 100% about shot placement as hydrostatic shock isn't really a factor here. Think of it this way. a .45 is only 1/8" larger in diameter than a 9mm. For me, I'd rather have 4-5 more rounds.

Interesting bedtime reading. http://www.rathcoombe.net/sci-tech/b...ics/myths.html

Comment

Working...
                                X