Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
    the bolded statement shows the value of your opinion.

by law and by logic an AR-15 stripped lower is a firearm.

and, you're pretty damn ignorant when it comes to 80% jigs- a hand drill and a $100 laminate router are all you need to produce a functional, aesthetically pleasing receiver.
    By logic, it's a component of a firearm. You probably like you steak well done so sit down.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_E30 View Post
      By logic, it's a component of a firearm. You probably like you steak well done so sit down.
      are you butt hurt over nothing?

you certainly are as ignorant as the day is long.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
        are you butt hurt over nothing?

you certainly are as ignorant as the day is long.
        You said an empty piece of aluminum that has no trigger group, means of holding a magazine or even a grip for a human to hold onto is logically a firearm... by that logic the roll pin holding the trigger guard in is a firearm or maybe even the trigger guard itself is a firearm.

Comment

Ehhhh You are only digging your hole deeper. Its not about common sense and "logic" its about how the laws are written and by the law a Lower receiver that is completed past 80% of machining requires serialization and is a firearm.

This is why "common Sense gun regulations" are a scary thing
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Ehhhh You are only digging your hole deeper. Its not about common sense and "logic" its about how the laws are written and by the law a Lower receiver that is completed past 80% of machining requires serialization and is a firearm.

This is why "common Sense gun regulations" are a scary thing
            You're just making assumptions of my political views towards guns making any reasonable discussion impossible.

Comment

you opened the door, and said something very stupid, and very telling. If it sounds like a duck, lives in duck pond................ Etc... Etc....

This is not really the thread for this kind of discussion, you want to discuss it, that's fine but this thread is for the discussion of hardware, techniques, equipment, general advice, basic legality issues, and so on, NOT the political football of gun rights. Now your trying to back pedal your way out of a stupid comment, thats fine but your not going to live it down. Your best off to admit to your gaff and be done with it, not keep trying to argue your position is some how correct and still falls in line with the views of most of the people who post in this thread....
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

This is not really the thread for this kind of discussion
                QFT. If anyone wants to have a debate about the legality of guns or the laws governing them, take it to P & R.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

you opened the door, and said something very stupid, and very telling. If it sounds like a duck, lives in duck pond................ Etc... Etc....

This is not really the thread for this kind of discussion, you want to discuss it, that's fine but this thread is for the discussion of hardware, techniques, equipment, general advice, basic legality issues, and so on, NOT the political football of gun rights. Now your trying to back pedal your way out of a stupid comment, thats fine but your not going to live it down. Your best off to admit to your gaff and be done with it, not keep trying to argue your position is some how correct and still falls in line with the views of most of the people who post in this thread....
                  Thanks for proving my point

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    QFT. If anyone wants to have a debate about the legality of guns or the laws governing them, take it to P & R.
                    No my intentions at all man seriously.

Comment

That "jig" looked hoaky... and If you're worried about the "paperwork" of a sporting rifle you're probably not legally allowed to own one.
                      I actually already legally bought a hand gun in CA which is one of the hardest states to buy a gun in. Passed all the paperwork no problem, so yeah...
                      For me the appeal of a 80% lower is being able to machine it your self and call it your own. I love making things from scratch from my own furniture, to cooking my own food. Building my own rifle just fits.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Thanks for proving my point
                        and that is just what??? you proved my point before I ever even responded to you

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                          I actually already legally bought a hand gun in CA which is one of the hardest states to buy a gun in. Passed all the paperwork no problem, so yeah...
                          For me the appeal of a 80% lower is being able to machine it your self and call it your own. I love making things from scratch from my own furniture, to cooking my own food. Building my own rifle just fits.
                          seriously good for you man, keep us posted on the build regardless of the route you go, and sorry you have to have a bullet button, that Hella blows.

Comment

^
                            I dont anymore :)
                            Moved to WA
                            Im still deciding on the road Ill go down. I know I want a rifle in the AR family, just not sure on if Ill start with an 80%, buy a full lower, or just save for an entire rifle.
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

For those that are interested in how a 80% aluminum lower for an AR-15 works with these jigs. This is a router build version, there is also a drill press version. Same company makes both jigs and has a wider verity of lowers in different materials and calibers.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                                ^
                                I dont anymore :)
                                Moved to WA
                                Im still deciding on the road Ill go down. I know I want a rifle in the AR family, just not sure on if Ill start with an 80%, buy a full lower, or just save for an entire rifle.
                                My lower is an Anderson and I kinda wish I spent a little bit more money so I don't have those stupid horses on the side...

Comment

Working...
                                X