No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a colt le6920. It seems like a safe bet for my first ar. I am seriously looking at a scar 17 for a year down the road. Figured I can recoup most of my money with the Colt if I choose to sell it eventually. Also looking at a S & W bodyguard. 380 for my wife, she really likes the size and the way it fit her hand. She is tiny. Anyone have any experience with the S&W?

Comment

I love my Colt.

No longer has the Optic, but still awesome.

Speaking of which, please recommend me a good rear iron. I got sick of batteries, and just don't care to have an Optic on it.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        I love my Colt.

No longer has the Optic, but still awesome.

Speaking of which, please recommend me a good rear iron. I got sick of batteries, and just don't care to have an Optic on it.

Magpul's flip ups are great. Gonna put some on a tilt mount when I build my AR-10. Rifle scope up top, tilt sight for when it gets western lookin for hogs.
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

It came with the magpul buis, but I'm thinking a solid piece for a little more consistency.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

It came with the magpul buis, but I'm thinking a solid piece for a little more consistency.

They make them in solid "bolt on" ones I think.
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
              I just bought a colt le6920. It seems like a safe bet for my first ar. I am seriously looking at a scar 17 for a year down the road. Figured I can recoup most of my money with the Colt if I choose to sell it eventually. Also looking at a S & W bodyguard. 380 for my wife, she really likes the size and the way it fit her hand. She is tiny. Anyone have any experience with the S&W?

A buddy of mine had some issue with his, he sent it to them, they fixed it, and he loves it. Personally I love our Ruger LCP, and my sisters LC9s.

Comment

I bought a Lc9 with crimson trace for my Wife to shoot. Now I carry it the most. Great little gun.

As for iron sights, I'm thinking about just picking up a detachable carry handle. I hear good things. Anyone got one laying around?
                No E30 Club

Comment

Do you guys have any gun safe recemondations or advice? I am thinking like a 10gun safe. As of now I only have one long gun and pistol, but realistically could see owning 3 long guns and 3 handguns with a few thousand rounds total, and a place to keep a small amount of documents. It doesnt need to be fort knox secure, but good enough to not open with a few sledge hammer blows.

Comment

Do you guys have any gun safe recemondations or advice? I am thinking like a 10gun safe. As of now I only have one long gun and pistol, but realistically could see owning 3 long guns and 3 handguns with a few thousand rounds total, and a place to keep a small amount of documents. It doesnt need to be fort knox secure, but good enough to not open with a few sledge hammer blows.
                    I have a Liberty safe from Cabela's that I had bought on a sale they were running. If you get a safe, get the next size bigger than you think you need. Before you know it, you'll be storing all kinds of stuff in there. Get one with a good fire rating, I got a 48 gun safe with a 90 minute fire rating for about $1k.

I bought a Lc9 with crimson trace for my Wife to shoot. Now I carry it the most. Great little gun.

As for iron sights, I'm thinking about just picking up a detachable carry handle. I hear good things. Anyone got one laying around?
                    I'd like to get the LC9sPro.

Iron sights, some like the Troy battle sights.

Has she tried to shoot and rack the gun? I love my LCP Custom, but my old LCP took about 200 rounds before it got to where my wife could rack the slide. Have her shoot the gun and see how she likes it. You can go to Groupon/livingSocial and they run Range deals all the time. I'm in the Dallas area and there was a gun school that did a handgun 101 type of class with safety and how to handle a gun course. Then they took us to a range and let us try out 6 different guns. It was nice to get to try out a large assortment of guns. My wife had a Sig 2022 in .40, and now she has a M&P9mm. She liked the Sig226, but that's just a little out of the budget.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I've got a 10 gun safe. It's pretty much full with a "little bit" of ammo, a "few" handguns, 1 rifle, and documents. I could probably squeeze 2 more rifles in, and it would be full. One of my hand guns is hung on the wall because real estate is tight.

In reality, a 10 gun safe is only a 10 gun safe if you pull all the shelves out and throw 10 rifles in, with nothing else.

Once we buy our house, I plan on getting an old vault. I've seen them go cheap, with a note something like "$50, but you have to figure out how to get it out of our buildings basement". Yup.

Anyway, just ordered a Colt carry handle off EBay for $50. Since I'd spend more for a fixed iron, figured I'd go with a tried and proven solution.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                        ^
                        I dont anymore :)
                        Moved to WA
                        Im still deciding on the road Ill go down. I know I want a rifle in the AR family, just not sure on if Ill start with an 80%, buy a full lower, or just save for an entire rifle.
                        I have Rainer arms -15 lower and a Mega -10 lower and am very pleased with both of them, the Mega is slightly better and tighter machining though, but was much more expensive... They are both local WA companies.

BTW don't go into Rainier Arms... its like a candy store for men and they'll take all your money...

On safes, the manufacture's version of a "gun" is a little .22 without any optics or accessories, an AR with some kind of optic and flashlight will likely take up 2 spots... Bolt handles sticking out the side a little way will also take up 2 spots. Just something to consider.

I'd think twice about storing lots of ammo in the safe... In the event of a house fire the inside temp of the safe may get hot enough to cook off the rounds. That somewhat limits the fireproof-ness of the safe.
                        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                        Originally posted by roguetoaster
                        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Good point on the fire. I keep mine in there because my safe is a constant temp and stays between 45-55% humidity. Maybe when we move I'll make my current safe my designated ammo depot and keep weapons separate.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

No worries on the safe getting hot in my Liberty safe. I can even put in documents in what they call a cool pocket. Plus if ammo does get to hot, there's not really much damage that can be done as the energy is released as both the projectile and casing separate so the projectile does have the energy that it would if it was in a gun.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

I am leaning towards a Liberty safe myself. they seem like they offer decent theft protection for a reasonable price. I am not as concerned about fire as I live in a CSB house with metal studs and a tile roof. I know many more people who have been burglarized then lost property due to fire.

Comment

The fire rating, to me, is more of how well built the unit is. The better the fire rating the thicker the metal, tighter the tolerances,...etc.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X