No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry handle mounted up! Already set it up for the IBZ.

Now I have an excuse for a range trip. It's been a while.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just ordered a bighorn 24gun safe from costco. $600 delivered seems like a good value. It should serve my needs well and will fit nicely in our bedroom closet. I was more concerned about something that is child proof more than anything else.

Comment

So I have one gun that is my "do it all gun", a Remington 870 Super Magnum. The reason I say this is I have 3 different barrels for it that lets me do a number of things.

I have the 26" barrel that it came with, that i use for shooting clays and bird hunting.
        I have an 18.5" smooth bore slug barrel that is my "home defense" barrel.
        And I most recently picked up a 23" rifled barrel with a cantilever scope mount and a 2-7x32 scope.

So I installed the new barrel and dialed in the scope at 75 yards or so, but now do i have to leave it on to maintain the accuracy? This is my deer gun so if I have to leave it as is for the next month and a half, that's fine. But I do like to shoot clays, and hunt duck and geese, and I like the short barrel for when it's in my closet...

What do you guys think?
        Instagram
        sigpic
        Current: 99 M3
        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

If the scope is mounted to the receiver, I would say removing the barrel COULD throw off your zero.

If mounted to the barrel, it would be OK. I'm not too familiar with the 870 (yet).

That said, slugs for home defense? Planning on killing 4 bad guys lined up in your hallway? I was figured some 00 buck would be perfect. Lots of tissue damage without the fear of killing a neighbor.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            If the scope is mounted to the receiver, I would say removing the barrel COULD throw off your zero.

If mounted to the barrel, it would be OK. I'm not too familiar with the 870 (yet).

That said, slugs for home defense? Planning on killing 4 bad guys lined up in your hallway? I was figured some 00 buck would be perfect. Lots of tissue damage without the fear of killing a neighbor.
            No, the "slug barrel" is short, so that's why I said home defense. I have 00 buck in the magazine. No children in the home and it's tucked away in the closet so I'm comfortable leaving rounds in it, unchambered.

For the rifled barrel, the scope is mounted to the barrel itself, so I was thinking the same thing.... We'll see. Taking it out tomorrow for the first deer hunt of the season.
            Instagram
            sigpic
            Current: 99 M3
            Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
              For those that are interested in how a 80% aluminum lower for an AR-15 works with these jigs. This is a router build version, there is also a drill press version. Same company makes both jigs and has a wider verity of lowers in different materials and calibers.
              I have heard some criticism of this method only in the sense that the selector switch and trigger should be drilled out first and then the remainder can be done. Something about the walls being very thin and susceptible to deflection when drilled out afterward. A very trustworthy CNC machinist gave me that bit of info.
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Think you're OK then as far as the zero.

Wasn't looking for the safety part lol. I work with a guy who thinks I'm crazy for keeping one in the pipe on whatever I'm carrying at the time. (Not at work, just shop talk). I keep a weapon loaded in a safe place but accessible at home. An unloaded gun is as good as a paperweight. Hold on Mr burglar while I load my rifle.

Not going to see me judging your practices.

ETA: still haven't made it to the range... Damn priorities. I even considered selling my Colt and ammo, luckily I have a great Wife to snap me out of it and come to my senses.
                Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 11-10-2015, 08:41 AM.
                No E30 Club

Comment

fun night last weekend!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

nice!
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Shot a h&k ump45 today at the Sportsman's Elite shooting range in El Paso, Texas. Lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                      1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                      Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                      1967 2002 parts car
                      1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                        1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                        Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                        1967 2002 parts car
                        1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Finally moved into my new home and built me a little reloading table. Spent the holiday weekend making some pet loads for my 308. 178 Amax behind Varget powder. Long process on a single stage press but quality control is on point.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Nice set up!
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Comment

I want to pick up a pistol style rifle. Anyone try the $400 5.56 ak pistol? I think it's a Yugo. I have a bunch of AR magazines and way too much 5.56, and I like not having a crap load of gear for individual Firearms.

Edit for link:

I haven't watched that video above, but I'm assuming it's a German design? I read about them a few days ago oddly enough, the curved barrels with only a few hundred round lifespan.
                                Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 12-05-2015, 08:51 PM.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X