No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please its still silly to advertise it, IMO it asks for trouble in a lot of places. If you have one or can get one a CC is preferable.

To me I'd never advertise it because someone will break into your truck or house to take them.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Please its still silly to advertise it, IMO it asks for trouble in a lot of places. If you have one or can get one a CC is preferable.

To me I'd never advertise it because someone will break into your truck or house to take them.
      I agree with inviting felons to come home and ran sack your house. That's the best reason to not open carry.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I think sleeve hit it on the head. It depends on the population and how they are conditioned. In many states where it is legal to open carry, you would be in cuffs lickedy split explaining to the authorities why you are open carrying. In other states, mostly out west no one would look twice at you.

Spoke to a leo and he had a unique perspective he said when running a plate on a car before pulling it over, they are more likely to let someone with a cwl go as " why pull them over, i know they are the good guys".

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          they are more likely to let someone with a cwl go as " why pull them over, i know they are the good guys".
          Well...I did get pulled over 2 years ago with my CWL, and the cop still gave me a ticket for some ungodly reason....other than that, my brother-in-law, who is a Washington State Detective also said the same thing. Why bother with a law abiding citizen who has gone thru the steps in being able to carry legally, when there are other people out there doing way worse shit.
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Debating on buying an AR15/10 lower or two. Both to save for later projects and just in case prices get jacked by people panic buying.

I see a .458SOCOM or .300Blackout Suppressed AR in my future.
            willschnitz

Comment

I was looking at some 300blk uppers today. The store had a complete delton upper for $320 with quad rails. Seemed like a fair price, but I am not familiar with delton and wasnt about to make a panic purchase. The owner said he sold all 5 ak's he had in stock. This is a small mom and pop size shop that never has more than 2 customers in it at a time. In the 10mins it took for me to pay for my firearm transfer 6 people came into the store.

Comment

I really like the 300 cartridge. Full powder burn from an 8.5" barrel. Supers, subs, whatever you want.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I do both, sometimes switch from 1 to the other in the course of 1 outting. When in the back country on a hike or walk in fishing spot way out there etc... There is a 5" S&W X frame on my right hip that weighs 5 lbs loaded and polished SS, and speed loader right next it with 5 more 325gr Federal Vital shocks. Get back to town late, and need to make a stop or 2 and the S&W comes off my belt and my .380 is in my back pocket, or my 45 is IWB... It all depends on what your are likely to encounter at a given time, in the woods its wildlife that might want to EAT you, or just over do it running you off a kill or away from offspring. In town its more of a 2 legged threat your likely to encounter

Though I have made a stop or 2 with the X frame on my hip and get mostly nothing negative other than odd look form the rich fools from LA visiting their 3 million dollar vacation home

As far a new AR, I would prolly just buy another .308 SR25 rifle, but in a standard pattern it would prolly be a 300blk
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-16-2016, 05:23 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    I was looking at some 300blk uppers today. The store had a complete delton upper for $320 with quad rails. Seemed like a fair price, but I am not familiar with delton and wasnt about to make a panic purchase. The owner said he sold all 5 ak's he had in stock. This is a small mom and pop size shop that never has more than 2 customers in it at a time. In the 10mins it took for me to pay for my firearm transfer 6 people came into the store.
                    That's because every time something happens, gun owners panic and there is a run on guns and ammo. At this point gun and ammo manufacturers have to be loving Obama and mass shootings.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

I keep telling myself I'm going to buy another 6920 and keep it unfired in the safe for when a panic sets in...
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        I keep telling myself I'm going to buy another 6920 and keep it unfired in the safe for when a panic sets in...
                        lol just purchased one myself. I love the damn rifle!
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Definitely thinking of scrapping some spare cash together for a lower. Thinking .300 Blackout for sure now. .458 SOCOM is too expensive, $3 a round no thanks lol.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Yay, all bills of gunpocalypse did not pass in CA

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Debating on buying an AR15/10 lower or two. Both to save for later projects and just in case prices get jacked by people panic buying.

I see a .458SOCOM or .300Blackout Suppressed AR in my future.
                              Have you heard about 6.5 Grendel? Outperforms .308 past 400 yards, and you get to keep the lightweight AR15 size.

I'm going for a 7.5" AR Pistol, .300BLK, Bufferless/Piston operated for up close, then have my long range tack driver running an 18" barrel in 6.5G.

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                                lol just purchased one myself. I love the damn rifle!
                                It's cause it's a sweet rifle hahaha yeah I just picked up another 15 lower lol rainier arms ultramatch ambi billet. If I sbr something I think this one will be it.
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X