Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FNX Tactical .45!!!

God I want one, I loved my FNP 45 aside from the known issues that were address with the FNX. It's too bad FNH didn't offer an exchange, the FNP was such a flop from it's Achilles heel mag feed issues and unsupported chambers that it only made it a couple years before they released the FNX.

I also want a .460....

It will never end...
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Its a great gun, but Im not in love with the trigger travel on it. It breaks a little to close to the grip for my hands, even with the larger backstrap. I know its more designed for military/leo use, so with gloves on it may be great. I know about the troubles with the fnp and fn really hurt themselves by not supporting the owners of them. For a company with their reputation one would think they would have stepled up. That said the fnx has been dead nuts reliable with prob close to 700rounds through it. Seriously not one hiccup with 90% of the rounds being WWB. Also, I love the look of the fde but kinda feel a bit mall ninjaish when shooting it. Prob would go back and get black if I were to do it again.

In all honesty when I go to the range with all the handguns, I find myself reloading the hk and r1 about twice as often as the others. The r1 has really been the biggest surprise. Its really a well built and priced 1911.

Comment

As a guy that carries a .460 on his hip many many days a year while afield in Grizzly bear country, why dose one in VA think they need one. If its pure want then thats fine, I totally get that and more power to you, its a fine hog leg, and will serve you well. That said the SOB is HEAVY especially when on your hip all day, at over 5lbs mine is the 5" variant and even compensated the 325gr Federal vital shocks I carry in it for bear loads, you dont really want to shoot unless you have too. The 200gr Hornday that the platform was designed around are also not really pleasant, and are running serious pressures. It makes a 44mag seem very tame even the lighter wight short TI units.

When I have let friends shoot it I load in a 45LC, a 454 Casull then a .460 200gr. The reaction is always the same, From mehh, to WOW thats got some punch, to HOLY (expletive of choice) while handing it back or setting it down gingerly and sort of shaking. The SOB is a HAND FULL, the fire ball out the end is very visible to everyone remotely close by, on bright sunshiny afternoons, I would not carry it or own it for that matter unless I felt it was the right tool for an emergency situation deep in the back country of Grizzly territory if needed. A 44mag is about minimum load for grizzly, though there are stories of them being deterred by 45acp and even recently a 9mm in AK.

Just my take on the hand cannon I have, and again I totally understand the want Vs need in this, I am not trying to dissuade you from acquiring one on those grounds. Just attempting to put some 1st hand experience into the thought process. Its kinda like owning a boat, the best relationship to have with one is to have access to a friends anytime you need or want to use it, with out having to actually buy it. Unless you really do need to have it for "one reason or another" ;)
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I'll come back to read that this evening.

I want one purely for the fun factor. Because 'Merica.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

nothing wrong with that, just dont say you haven't been warned is all I am getting at ;)
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

My dad just sent me this picture. .300 Blackout SBR 9" barrel with suppressor. His next build. He said it'll be around $3k after tax stamps and all.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

That's siiiiiick
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Still have a hard time getting into the idea of a .30cal based on a .556 case, being a battle class cartridge guy my self. Cool build though none the less....

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Still have a hard time getting into the idea of a .30cal based on a .556 case, being a battle class cartridge guy my self. Cool build though none the less....
                    I felt the same way but it does offer some awesome benefits in a SBR and when shooting suppressed.

I don't think I'd care to own or shoot my 8.5 if it were 5.56.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      We have em for 2 reasons. Killing pigs, and defending ourselves from the pigs in Washington. And for those 2 reasons, .300 blackout is beautiful. In all seriousness, it's just a really well rounded caliber. Plus if you have a .556 AR, take 30 seconds and swap barrels and you have a .300 blackout. That easy.

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                      Originally posted by Northern
                      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Personally I want a 6.5 Grendel....but ammo cost stops me from shooting quality ammo.

Comment

Fondled er um handled the Sig P226 Legion SAO today and WOW! Anyone shot one?

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                            Fondled er um handled the Sig P226 Legion SAO today and WOW! Anyone shot one?
                            Nope but if it handles anything like a 226 MK25 it would be a sweet gun. The 226's are probably one of my favorite handguns.
                            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                              We have em for 2 reasons. Killing pigs, and defending ourselves from the pigs in Washington. And for those 2 reasons, .300 blackout is beautiful. In all seriousness, it's just a really well rounded caliber. Plus if you have a .556 AR, take 30 seconds and swap barrels and you have a .300 blackout. That easy.

I think pig hunting is one of the only two good uses for .300 blackout. Either that or shooting suppressed. Shooting supersonic just doesn't make sense with it. No where near the powder capacity to get it beyond like 350 yards effectively imo.
                              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Well, Ive since sold off my e30 and started a silencer company. Dont have a fun car to play with anymore, but now I have suppressed machine guns, so I cant complain lol
                                1991 335is in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X