Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post
    my 21st birthday is coming up and i'm looking for a handgun to buy once i'm of age. what would you guys suggest? would you stay away from a large caliber like a .45 and stick with 9mm?
    I know exactly what I'm going for when my 21st rolls around. RIA armory .45 tactical 1911. But thats just me, I love the 1911, am very comfortable with it and don't mind paying a little extra for .45ACP. However I don't know if 9x(18? Whichever is the popular I'm not sure) is cheaper than .45.

In other words, Try a few different handguns. Go to your local range and try a few. I'd try 9mm, .40S&W, and .45ACP for starters. See what you are most comfortable with. Most say .40S&W is a good middle ground between recoil, capacaty, and stopping power.
    <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
    unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

my 21st birthday is coming up and i'm looking for a handgun to buy once i'm of age. what would you guys suggest? would you stay away from a large caliber like a .45 and stick with 9mm?
      sig 229 9mm

Comment

Depends on what you are gonna do with it. All I own is .45 and 44mag, as far as handguns go. Dont be afraid of the larger calibers, got to a range that rents guns and try as many as you can in all calibers and see what fits you and your needs best

I CCW a sig 220 (.45acp) every where I go but thats me, it holds 8+1 and if I cant get the job done with that I should have brought a bigger weapon.

A repoerter once asked a texas ranger why he carried a 45??? the answer "Because they dont make a 46!"
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

I think my 1911 kicks less than my Browning BDA .380 soooo there you go. Realize that a larger (in size as well as caliber) gun doesn't necessarily kick more. ONce you start shooting you realize recoil doesn't even matter. I was shooting my dads .357 magnum and loving it when I was, what...10? years old or something? Maybe younger. I'm not some ogre either, I'm 5'9" 150lbs.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Bought this today:

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I want...

Comment

Nic, More AR parts dont you have enough yet. You got a .308 upper you want to get rid of.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

How often do you guys see WASR-10's in gun store racks? I'm toying with the idea of one this summer but I want to see if i can score one used for under 400. I see them NIB for 450 on gunbroker a lot.
                  <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                  unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Don't I have enough AR parts? I don't get that question? It does not compute!!! AHhhHhhh!?? I need to have enough to arm my entire immediate family in my opinion. I guess I'm there if I include the AR. I would like a 6.8 version or something, but the ammo is expensive.

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
                    How often do you guys see WASR-10's in gun store racks? I'm toying with the idea of one this summer but I want to see if i can score one used for under 400. I see them NIB for 450 on gunbroker a lot.
                    I have a WASR-10 and I bought it last summer for $150 I think? I bought it off of someone and it came with 2 mags. I think you'll have a hard time finding an AK in a shop for under $600.

If I was you I'd get a VZ-58 made by CZ. Its ergonomics and everything about it is way nicer than AK's in my opinion. If you get a chance to fondle one make sure you take it. They are quality machines. Smooooth smooth smooth.

Click Here for info
                    There are wood and synthetic versions.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

it all about the SSK i got 2 at my crib right now.
                      84 ETA

Comment

Originally posted by fiercee30 View Post
                        it all about the SSK i got 2 at my crib right now.
                        SSK?? Pics please. Are you talking about SSK stuff like this:

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Silent AR-15 modZ

THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS... Thanks to PSE’s newly-designed riser geometry, the Shootdown Pro deftly exceeds the high performance, repeatability, and holding standards that target shooters need to compete at a high level, while also delivering the speed and comfort bowhunters need to get the job done on the hunt. SEE THE SHOOTDOWN PRO

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL

Wouldn't a suppressor be easier??????

William Pitt-

Comment

AR's have wayyyy tooo many goofy add-ons. They are like the Civic of the gun world.

Oh, and did I tell you guys? I'm moving out of the Republik of Kalifornia. Headed to a more gun friendly state.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                                AR's have wayyyy tooo many goofy add-ons. They are like the Civic of the gun world.

Oh, and did I tell you guys? I'm moving out of the Republik of Kalifornia. Headed to a more gun friendly state.
                                Where are you moving?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X