No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesnt shoot with us, just a picture I found back in the day. Looks like he semi-knows what he is doing, although he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who just half asses anything.

The .50 is *ridiculous*. It honestly recoils less than the 12g, but the blast knocks drink cups/boxes/whatever off of nearby benches. Probably the single most fun gun I've ever shot, and that includes full auto stuff.
    BEERTECH

Comment

I heard a story at the local gun dealer where a guy was shooting his .50bmg for the first time and when he finally pulled the trigger well.... he said that it knocked over other peoples guns that were setup very close by on other shooting tables. All this guy did was break out his check book and started writing checks to those guys whose guns that were damaged in the blast because of falling. Some were said to have even fallen off the tables and hit the ground. The shooting club they were at is a total private club so I am sure there were some anal people there... I have never shot a .50bmg but have heard that they kick less than a 12ga too...

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        If you need to borrow any of mine let me know, I hear the police are rough on the West Coast!
        Yeah, I read that somewhere in Time magazine too.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

I just got an HK tactical 45 and have a AAC can on the way Ill get pics tonight.
          Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

Check this ricochet video out !! Very lucky guy !!

From http://www.madogre.com/ - A .50 cal bullet ricochets and hits guy in head. Luckily it appears to have only hit his earmuffs.

Comment

Thats crazy atomic. Think im gonna get one of these tonight http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols...stomcovert.php to go with my custom target.
              Last edited by Hawk; 07-03-2007, 10:32 AM.
              Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

My 9yo son shooting my USP .40 compact and AR, both lost in another tragic boating accident but the kid is fine.

Comment

Ruger 10/22's are the shit man

I don't know why but I love shooting mine, just unloading it on something. My only gripe is I can't find a hi-cap magazine anywhere that works. I have a couple 100 round ones but they always jam up because they are crap.

That and my $150 SKS is awesome too, fun little gun for being so cheap to buy and shoot.
                  Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                    Thats crazy atomic. Think im gonna get one of these tonight http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols...stomcovert.php to go with my custom target.
                    That Kimber is badass, not seen one before.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
                      Ruger 10/22's are the shit man

I don't know why but I love shooting mine, just unloading it on something. My only gripe is I can't find a hi-cap magazine anywhere that works. I have a couple 100 round ones but they always jam up because they are crap.

That and my $150 SKS is awesome too, fun little gun for being so cheap to buy and shoot.
                      Butler Creek steel lips or even hot lips work the best of any I've found. They are only 25 round, but that beats the stock 10 rounders. I picked mine up at Cabela's online and also got the Butler Creek high cap mag loader/hopper, it's worth the $25 easily, it will save your fingers and loads quickly. I've had Ramline mags and seems there was another high cap .22 mag I had, but the Butler Creek is the only brand I've found to feed reliably and truth be told, they have to be seated properly or they will misfeed on occasion as well.

Comment

Couple of my toys. Hk mk 23 KAC can, usp tactical, IMI desert eagle 50 AE.
                        Last edited by Hawk; 07-03-2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Hawk you are clearly a man of means. The Mk23 is, without a doubt, the finest handgun I have ever had the pleasure to shoot.

Class 3...WooHoo!!!

Comment

I just don't know what a MK23 can *practically* do that my G21 can't? I guess I need to play more SOCOM.
                            BEERTECH

Comment

IMHO, the Mk23 is to handguns what a set of LM's are to wheels. Any wheel can allow your car to roll down the road just like any pistol can go boom. It's analogous to "it's not the distination, it's how you get there."

kr

Comment

I'm with Rob on this one, I've shot H&Ks and didn't find them to shoot any more accurately or perform any more reliably than my Glocks. As a matter of fact, the H&K, especially the Mk23, are larger frame handguns which are bulky and not "practical" to handle in PD situations. IIRC, and don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember reading that the Seal teams don't even use the Mk23 anymore because of it's large size.

Comment

Working...
                                X