Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    I have even put the back on the rail 1 notch off and not noticed it and was close enough for 200ish yards to not notice any issues either
    Dang. That's awesome. Well it's nice cuz I like being able to easily take everything off and stuff. I've had to tear it down when heading to public range as my bag I have currently only fits a certain way. Gotta get a new case but keep building other rifles and saving up for sentinels :)
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
      You need one of these.

No local shop has a barrel bushing wrens for a 1911!

This is mine. Had the slide powder coated. Not sure if I'd do that again, but it works.

Nice. What brand?

My buddies 1943 Remington Rand and a sweet 38 special. Both shoot really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mines a Springfield Mil-Spec, which is like their older GI model, but with a few "upgraded" parts like a nicer feed ramp.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Super bummed out right now. Took my brand new virgin rifle out today to shoot for the first time, and the extractor broke after the first few rounds. The little fingernail that grabs the lip on the shell just chipped off. I saw it on the back of the shell just sitting on the primer before I cleared the rifle.
          Already sent Aero Precision a repair/replace ticket. Supposedly they are good about replacing stuff.
          I dont think it was my fault. I was shooting American Eagle 55 grain FMJ bras cased ammo, and the gun was assembled by Aero. All I did was lube things up, and slide the BCG and charging handle in, and I know I did that correctly.
          I ran the same ammo with the same mag through my friends 556 rifle with no issues.

On a positive note I got to shoot some fun stuff today, including a AK47 and a Taurus 410 revolver. That was fun.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

That's not very assuring...

I imagine it was a fluke though, since it broke very quickly. Fingers crossed for you!
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Second thought, was the casing stuck?
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                This is my thought, new gun chamber still might have had some shipping lube in it. Got hot and glued a casing in the chamber, and then ripped the extractor off.....
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

just won this bad boy in a raffle....savage BA stealth in 6.5 creedmoor

looking for recommendations on an optic....thoughts?
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD
                  1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                  so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

LOL

How much you want to spend. For something like that and trying to stick to a reasonable budget for a GOOD optic, I would be buying a Nightforce something in the 3.5-15x50 persuasion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

LOL

How much you want to spend. For something like that and trying to stick to a reasonable budget for a GOOD optic, I would be buying a Nightforce something in the 3.5-15x50 persuasion
                      figured I'd try pick up something used in the $7-1000 range
                      1991 318is ---230K - DD
                      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Something outta the Zeiss Conquest line up in the 3-15 or 4.5-14 range should put you in that ball park or just a little over.....

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          This is my thought, new gun chamber still might have had some shipping lube in it. Got hot and glued a casing in the chamber, and then ripped the extractor off.....
                          Aero is literally about 40 mins from my house and the upper I ordered just got put back in stock the day I ordered it, so I kind of doubt it had any kind of heavy duty protective lube in it. Could be wrong though.
                          The casing wasnt stuck, or at least it came out easily after I cleared the rifle. Didnt have to stick a rod down the barrel or anything.
                          Did some Googling and Im not the first person to have an extractor brake like that. Not with the same manufacturer ether. I think it was just a bad part. Didnt get heat treated correctly or something.
                          I think they will replace it no questions asked. Aero is good with that kind of thing.
                          sigpic

Comment

So, I guess I won't be building another Form 1 can with SDTactical parts.... Word is they were visited by the ATF and told that they could no longer sell their parts.

I'm sure tons of people built illegal cans, but it does suck for those of us who did it the right way and ended up with a fully functional, half price can. Would be nice if individuals were held accountable instead of the masses.

On the other hand, while it's been said that no customer list was handed over, I'm happy that I don't have to worry about if it was!

RIP.

No E30 Club

Comment

Man that really sucks :/

I'm still waiting for the paperwork for my cans to be processed. Good friend in the industry told me they were fulfilling early June orders as of now. Filed paperwork in late June so I'm getting excited. Should only be another month or two!

Also sweet sbr. I really want to build one but we live in Kansas but do most of our shooting over in Missouri so I'd have to file a travel plan to the ATF every time I go into Missouri to shoot.

Considering building a "pistol" with the blade stabilizer to get around that. I just want something shorter so I don't have a 7" suppressor on a 16" barrel.
                              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Yea I built the lower that's currently using my Colt upper from a stripped unit. If I'm going out of state and want to take it, I swap them around and remove the stock (don't take one with me). It's not too bad shooting with only the buffer tube.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X