Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
    The only gun you really need is a handgun for house protection, im surprised how many ppl own over the top weapons.
    Why did you feel the need to post this?

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    btw- this is a thread for us shooters; no political anti-gun bullshit.
    From page 1, which I'm guessing you haven't read.

Comment

/\/\/\

He is most likely one of those people who don't see this as a hobby but an excuse to gather mass amounts of fire arms.

I take this as a hobby and a sport/home defense.

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
        The only gun you really need is a shotgun for house protection, im surprised how many ppl own over the top weapons.
        fixed. no one in their right mind would choose a handgun over a shotgun for home defense
        BRUTE

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are some situations where you would not want to use the scatter gun, but over all you are correct scatter gun over pistol.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post
            fixed. no one in their right mind would choose a handgun over a shotgun for home defense
            ^ Total truth (see following post lol)

Hey guys this is my first chime in! I dont have many guns but my family does and we've made shooting kindof a fun "man activity" when my family gets together. The S&W40VE was gifted to me when they came out. No modification, just an extra magazine, naked holster and mag pouches. and lots and lots of rounds :D

Just bought the Mossberg 500A. as a present to myself a few weeks ago for fun. Need to go shoot it. It is for runnin wilin' muther fuckers off the lawn and for unreasonable shooting. (oh and when the zombies take over :D)
            Only plans for it are a 7 round mag/plug removal, side saddle for 6 more shots on opposite of breech and a 3 point sling (once again... for when the zombies take over XD)
            Pics~ C&C welcome

Paladin
            Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You will fit in fine in this thread.

Nice scatter gun BTW
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

lol thanks~
                EDIT: oh, if any of you gents are facebook users, my name is Paladin Reed, look up that name and i think there are a couple videos of use shooting a couple weeks ago. My dad has a mean ass Mossberg 590 that a blow a lawn log in half with from ~15yds.! D:<
                Last edited by PaladinReed; 05-23-2009, 03:04 PM.
                Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                  What are you talking about? You can't even buy off Sabre's website. How did you jump to this conclusion? What "good shit" can be had for way less? Olympic? DPMS? lame and lame. The uppers I'd like most are Noveske, Larue and KAC. I think POF makes some cool lowers; as do many others.

SO Mr. Gun Expert what should I have bought in the same price range? By the way you don't even know what I paid. Make sure you give me a link to where said upper is available in stock.

Well I would have gotten a white oak or have gotten one from addax tactiacal.. you can get sabre shit for less that that pk stocks them from time to time for like 600 . I priced out s custom built spr from them with a stanless sabre defence barrel for about 900
                  84 318I Delphin RIP
                  87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                  89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Wow guys we have a new expert in the thread!

10mm is a good round but hard to find and expensive in the best of time's let alone right now.

Its a limited caliber and is a dieing one at that much like the .45gap. For a SD gun you want something that has common easy to find ammo so you can practice a lot with it, so you can operate it WELL and accurately on instinct and during high stress situations, with out fucking up. A 10mm if you can afford to feed the practice ammo through it and find the good SD ammo or any ammo for right now go for it. Me I will stick to my .45acp sig, HK, and 1911.

Only a few manufacturers chamber for 10mm, Glock (obviously), EAA, Wilson Combat, Dan Wession, and I thin Dan brown. Only the 1st to are in a sub 2000 dollar price range, and wilson start around 1700 I think in 10mm.
                    OK MR EXPERT DAN BROWN WTF YOU MEAN ED BROWN.

10mm is an amazing round your right it is expensive but its about the same as .45 and it is hard to find. buffalo bore makes some impresive rounds. I used to keep my mag filled with some black tallons. but sadly I lost my firearms rights as of right now and I had to surrender all of them to the court. but that should change thursday when I go to court. I had a kimber eclipse in 10mm.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Ahh yes you are correct Ed Brown sorry typo (Been reading the Da Vinci Code this last week written by Dan Brown) and yes I forgot about kimber. Oh and I no where claim to be an expert!

2) I keep 4 mags full of Buffalo bore 230g FMJ +p 45 I used to buy it right from the factory in St Ignatious MT that was 2 hours from house. I still have 240 rounds I have not touched of the stuff. Its my favorite premium brand ammo I think I still have some .308 left and I have 40 or so 44mag laying around somewhere.

I have not seen 10mm in anything anywhere in months and its far more costly than 45acp when I have seen it.

Again you want something you can find ammo for to practice with frequently if you are gonna use said gun for home defense or CCW.
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-23-2009, 06:50 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Ahh yes you are correct Ed Brown sorry typo (Been reading the Da Vinci Code this last week written by Dan Brown) and yes I forgot about kimber. Oh and I no where claim to be an expert!

2) I keep 4 mags full of Buffalo bore 230g FMJ +p 45 I used to buy it right from the factory in St Ignatious MT that was 2 hours from house. I still have 240 rounds I have not touched of the stuff. Its my favorite premium brand ammo I think I still have some .308 left and I have 40 or so 44mag laying around somewhere.

I have not seen 10mm in anything anywhere in months and its far more costly than 45acp when I have seen it.

Again you want something you can find ammo for to practice with frequently if you are gonna use said gun for home defense or CCW.

yes true on the practicing but if you are familer with a 1911 platform it wouldnt matter. My goal is to get A 1911 in ever caliber. even for a carry gun I had a government .380

I have never claimed to be an expert.
                        84 318I Delphin RIP
                        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Strokemiester, I'm not trying to have some war between you and I. You like guns, so that's good. I'm just disagreeing. Just trying to keep the Gun Thread Uber-Strong!

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                          Well I would have gotten a white oak or have gotten one from addax tactiacal.. you can get sabre shit for less that that pk stocks them from time to time for like 600 . I priced out s custom built spr from them with a stanless sabre defence barrel for about 900
                          What is white oak? Oh you mean White Oak Armament (I'm obviously being an ass because of the Dan Brown thing). Nothing wrong with WOA, but I don't see why you say they're so superior? Noveske and Larue have polygonal rifle which is the cat's meow and Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16).

If you want to give me shit and say woulda shoulda coulda, you could say I should have bought something from LMT, which is a vast amount of bang for my buck. Once you lose the guessing game. $600 bucks for an upper like mine?? Not unless you've been up for a week with you lips on the glass dick. By the way I only paid $850 total for it (that includes shipping).

What would I really love to have? An upper with a monolithic rail platform that shoots rainbows and is carved from a unicorns vagina ivory. Seriously though I don't get why you hate on Sabre so much? They make .50 machine gun barrels for the military and they have a good product for a good price.

Lastly, the deal was to show me your mystery barrel/upper in stock. You can't just go "You should have bought a Noveske upper with your time machine two years ago when they cost ****". Its like this; I would love to have a Magpul UBR stock or even more so a Magpul m93b stock, but they are unicorn vagina's and can't be found right now...so what do I have? A "WTB" ad on ARFcom and 5 other stocks that aren't those two.

Speaking of unicorns and PKfirearms which I love (thanks Vedubbin for leading an addict to his favorite drug in easy supply) they have 2 Noveske barrels styles in stock:
                          - Noveske 10.5 Inch CQB $455
                          - Noveske 14.5 Inch Afghan $550
                          and they got some Young Manufacturing BCG's in!! or you could get one of the iced out DPMS TiN ones, which I'm sure are good too. oooo they just got in the Magpul MBUS sights...those would go great on my new garbage upper. Anyone have experience with them? I like the Troy BUIS' but they cost a lot more.

WTB: Milspec buffer tube

oooo you know what I'd love? This:

"Hey dude why didn't you buy one of these? Way more gnar gnar bro".

ANd here be some learning of you heathens:

Last edited by Nicademus; 05-23-2009, 11:11 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Want to buy an AR15 or just learn more about them? Click Here my Dear :P

Breaks downs on many AR's including but not limited to:

- Bushmaster
                            - Stag
                            - CMMG
                            - Sabre Defence
                            - Rock River Arms
                            - Noveske N4
                            - Colt LE6920
                            - LMT
                            - S&W
                            *They mention Olympic and DPMS and discuss their poor quality. (I have had first hand experience with out of spec DPMS parts)
                            Last edited by Nicademus; 05-23-2009, 10:58 PM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

i see alot of people dont like 9mm but praise the 45. no love for the .40 eh?

nicademus, have you read, heard or seen anything about the new Ruger AR15? im getting into the market again for a AR (since i sold mine to fund my s14) and it looks like a good piece.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                                i see alot of people dont like 9mm but praise the 45. no love for the .40 eh?

nicademus, have you read, heard or seen anything about the new Ruger AR15? im getting into the market again for a AR (since i sold mine to fund my s14) and it looks like a good piece.
                                I have a .40cal and love it. Its a couple pages back and is a Walther P99 .40s&w w/ a threaded Jarvis barrel. .40 is great and actually a caliber that is available around here.

I haven't heard anything about the Ruger AR15 but I'm curious now. I'm not a big Ruger fan really. I dunno, it just doesn't snag my attention. The variety of AR to choose from is vast, which can be both good and bad. The bad part is that it can be confusing for people and lead to them not making any decision for fear of making the wrong one. I think a great budget gun would be a LMT upper with which lower you like the rollmark on most (rollmark is the imprint on the side of the reciever) or just go with a complet LMT gun.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X