Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    My first car. Was just thinking about possibly getting another cj lol. Great minds think alike...... I need to get some hobbies that make money instead of costing it!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Said all of us nearly every time we buy anything
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      That's an awesome CJ! Those things are getting expensive.
      I rode my bike to Wal-Mart and pushed carts for damn near 2yrs to buy that death trap. Paid off a local mechanics shop every year to have them pass saftey imspection. Paid $3000 for it in 1997. My parents barred my from getting it, so even after I bought it, I was not allowed to park it in the driveway. The brakes went out on it completely twice from the tires rubbing the brake line. Man that jeep was fun and DANGEROUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
        you old man needs to ship it to a gun shop in your area, call around to see what their fees are. There are lots of dinner table ffl's that would really love your business.
        Yeah, after the research I did yesterday I am not seeing any way around that. How does one go about finding a tiny dealer like what you describe? The only resource I know of to find one is going to be Google, which I assume will directme only toward bigger shops. Also, can anyone direct me to a glossary of all these abbreviations? I can understand from context that an FFL is a dealer, but I would like to know what these things actually stand for. Would definitely prefer to take my business to a smaller dealer, and really hoping the fees aren't too bad or I might have to hold off until I have more loot before bringing it in. I'm really not sure what to expect.

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
        haha wait so if you live in a conservative state, that means it has higher crime?

I live in a very nice neighborhood that when I bought my house 9 years ago, it was right at $100k. Not expensive by any means. I've left my garage door open many of times to come back to all my tools, my pit bike, my air compressor all still sitting there.

Oh, and if you want to keep your liberal ideology, you can keep your ass in the cesspool of comi-fornia.

I have yet to be a victim of any sort of crime since moving to California, where by the time I had lived the same duration in Cincinnati, which is an extremely conservative city, I had already been a victim of several break-ins (four occasions, 2x vehicle, shed and garage) despite living in and spending my time mostly in nicer suburbs. I know nothing about where you live, and my experience is purely anecdotal, but when you add to that the crime statistics between the specific conservative and progressive cities I have lived in, the conservatives ones plainly have higher crime rates. No one that I know in California has ever been carjacked, but I had two friends carjacked at gunpoint during the time I lived in Cincinnati. Stuff like that is why I don't feel a need to carry in California, but if I still lived in Ohio I likely would.

Not liberal ideology, leftist, please. I probably feel these moderate, center-right liberals are almost as much of a social problem as you do. But yes, stay in California is exactly what I plan on doing, along with getting involved with firearms-friendly activist groups such as Redneck Revolt and the John Brown Gun Club. Likewise, hopefully you plan on keeping your conservative values out of California.

Kind of interesting how my renewed interest in firearms is forcing me to interact with right-wing/conservative people again. I suppose it is to be expected, I just haven't had to do that in recent years. Hopefully I can find a good left-friendly or apolitical FFL in my area to deal with for this transfer paperwork and future ammo purchases.
        sigpic
        1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

^www.fflregistry.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
            Yeah, after the research I did yesterday I am not seeing any way around that. How does one go about finding a tiny dealer like what you describe? The only resource I know of to find one is going to be Google, which I assume will directme only toward bigger shops. Also, can anyone direct me to a glossary of all these abbreviations? I can understand from context that an FFL is a dealer, but I would like to know what these things actually stand for. Would definitely prefer to take my business to a smaller dealer, and really hoping the fees aren't too bad or I might have to hold off until I have more loot before bringing it in. I'm really not sure what to expect.
            https://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/searchforFFL.aspx is a good place to start. It'll show you all registered FFLs in your area. Not sure if CA allows small home based FFL businesses or not, but those are usually the cheapest and nicest. Otherwise find a couple of shops and stop in to see what they're like. Or ask around on CALGUNS forum, I'm sure there are plenty of people that can recommend a good local shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post

I have yet to be a victim of any sort of crime since moving to California, where by the time I had lived the same duration in Cincinnati, which is an extremely conservative city, I had already been a victim of several break-ins (four occasions, 2x vehicle, shed and garage) despite living in and spending my time mostly in nicer suburbs. I know nothing about where you live, and my experience is purely anecdotal, but when you add to that the crime statistics between the specific conservative and progressive cities I have lived in, the conservatives ones plainly have higher crime rates. No one that I know in California has ever been carjacked, but I had two friends carjacked at gunpoint during the time I lived in Cincinnati. Stuff like that is why I don't feel a need to carry in California, but if I still lived in Ohio I likely would.

Not liberal ideology, leftist, please. I probably feel these moderate, center-right liberals are almost as much of a social problem as you do. But yes, stay in California is exactly what I plan on doing, along with getting involved with firearms-friendly activist groups such as Redneck Revolt and the John Brown Gun Club. Likewise, hopefully you plan on keeping your conservative values out of California.

Kind of interesting how my renewed interest in firearms is forcing me to interact with right-wing/conservative people again. I suppose it is to be expected, I just haven't had to do that in recent years. Hopefully I can find a good left-friendly or apolitical FFL in my area to deal with for this transfer paperwork and future ammo purchases.
              Chicago, NYC, Baltimore, Detroit. There's your liberal shitholes. California has around 1/6th of the countries murders, yet has over 1/10th of the population. Really though it's not a party thing, don't be so naive

Comment

Anyone have a good suggestion for entry level competition holster. I am looking at a Red Hill Tactical holster but have zero experience with OTWB holsters, let alone competition ones. Also, any good suggestions for comp belt and clip system to use. These holsters are so customizable I am a bit lost.

Comment

Anyone have a good suggestion for entry level competition holster. I am looking at a Red Hill Tactical holster but have zero experience with OTWB holsters, let alone competition ones. Also, any good suggestions for comp belt and clip system to use. These holsters are so customizable I am a bit lost.
                  What kind of competition? Different rules. IPDA?

Comment

calguns.net is a great org to be apart of if you're in Cali.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Bladetech makes good stuff, but it all depends on what org you are shooting in

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

The main thing pulling me from the SCAR is the cost and fact i already have an AR that has wayyy more parts availability and modding that can be done.

IMO the worst part about the SCAR is that the stock makes it feel like an airsoft rifle. Always sucks trying to get a decent cheek weld with those things (unless you have 3 chins to keep in locked down). HK MR762 is a much better platform for the money.

PS90 will be sweet! Fun little collector gun for sure.
                        -Alex

Comment

Steel challenge for now, then possibly 3 gun down the road. A customer of mime invited me to go Thursday, I would go to watch and not participate. I went on the ranges website, but it doesn't specify other than steel challenge.
                          Last edited by naplesE30; 03-06-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

So unless I some how lose this auction even though I’m only one to have bid and there are many on gunbroker and I went to one on the last few pages. Tomorrow at 3 I will have bought my PS90. Much excite. Now I just gotta find the FFL transfer guy I want to go through. The gun is only about an hour drive from me but in iowa so i still have to go through the FFL.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

^

PS90 is a long gun so under federal rules you can buy out of your home state in person and not have to worry about the FFL transfer in your home state, pistols you can only accept delivery of in your home state. I am not familiar with the NE rules on this so do your own home work, but if they (like most states) default to federal rules on this you should be fine to go pick it up in person with out having to worry about the shipping and transfer fee from a local shop.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                ^

PS90 is a long gun so under federal rules you can buy out of your home state in person and not have to worry about the FFL transfer in your home state, pistols you can only accept delivery of in your home state. I am not familiar with the NE rules on this so do your own home work, but if they (like most states) default to federal rules on this you should be fine to go pick it up in person with out having to worry about the shipping and transfer fee from a local shop.

Good to know. When it goes through i will talk with seller and see if i can arrange pick up. Im sure thats how nebraska does cause now that i think about it. People can buy guns from Bass Pro Shops no problem and its just across the river in Council Bluffs Iowa. When people ask me what the gun laws in Nebraska are like I typically reply with what gun laws? There isn’t much regulation on them. Where I live is only city to have some regulation and thats just having to take paper work for hand gun to police headquarters to register it before you can leave the store with it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X