No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks i'm going to look into these. At least there seem to be more .45 PPQ holsters on the market now.

Comment

:D

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

nice HK!
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Nice, it’s fun to play around with the different grips. Personally, it took me a few trips to settle on the large back strap, large right panel, medium left panel. Your gonna enjoy shooting it, especially if you like a 6:00 hold for sight picture (which since your coming from a g17 should be pretty natural)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            nice HK!
            Thanks!

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
            Nice, it’s fun to play around with the different grips. Personally, it took me a few trips to settle on the large back strap, large right panel, medium left panel. Your gonna enjoy shooting it, especially if you like a 6:00 hold for sight picture (which since your coming from a g17 should be pretty natural)
            I ended up playing around with the grips for a while at work the other night, ended up going with size L all around for the best feel. The HK actually uses a "dead on hold" sight picture, so you're covering up the target. Not sure if they're supposed to be like that, but my Glock was like that as well.

Hoping to sneak away from my responsibilities today to go shoot
            Last edited by Ryan...; 03-28-2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

I need to remove my self from this thread. I have cars to build but these guns keep pulling me away.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Made my first visit to a gun broker, he convinced me away from Glocks due to there safety and pointed me to a Rock Island 1911 With a 3.5" barrel.

it's not the finest or smoothest, but I love it. Lots of oil and she is amazing.

What should my next purchase be? I'm looking to stay under $500 if possible and I'm not sure if I should get 9mm or another .45, what are your preferences?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                  Made my first visit to a gun broker, he convinced me away from Glocks due to there safety and pointed me to a Rock Island 1911 With a 3.5" barrel.

it's not the finest or smoothest, but I love it. Lots of oil and she is amazing.

What should my next purchase be? I'm looking to stay under $500 if possible

Id find a new “broker” glocks don’t need a safety do to trigger design its impossible for them to go off unless trigger is actually pulled. FN has the same design you have to pull the trigger lock which released the trigger for it to pull and fire. Damn near impossible to do on accident.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Id find a new “broker” glocks don’t need a safety do to trigger design its impossible for them to go off unless trigger is actually pulled. FN has the same design you have to pull the trigger lock which released the trigger for it to pull and fire. Damn near impossible to do on accident.
                    Well the guy is a army veteran and was the cheif of police here locally for around 10 years, he told me many stories of officers and there Glocks going off in there car seats. Definitely turned me away from them?

Comment

Well the guy is a army veteran and was the cheif of police here locally for around 10 years, he told me many stories of officers and there Glocks going off in there car seats. Definitely turned me away from them?

well that guy is an idiot. The only way that gun goes off is if you pull the trigger.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Oh boy.....

Not to be cynical, but neither of those two classifications (vet or chief) are full stop qualifications for good pistol advice, especially if he suggested a 3.5" 1911, the cheapest out there for that matter, instead of a Glock.

If you said "He spent 10 years with 5th SF Group as an 18B" or "he was head of the departments SWAT team prior to being promoted to Chief,", that might be different, but I bet you a case of ammo if that was the case, his advice would be different.

Glocks, or any other of the current crop of striker-fired pistols are inherently just as safe as anything with an traditional external safety (* maybe not the FN40LS apparently though). Pull the trigger, it goes bang. You would be well served with anything that you like the feel of. Glock, Sig 320, H&K VP, Smith M&P, the list goes on. We are currently in the "good old days" of firearms, enjoy it. If you have the RIA and like, awesome! I would go for something full size in 9mm for a better range gun. I had a RIA like yours, and two Springfield 3.5" models. None of which were very much fun to me to put more than a few mags through.

FWIW - I love our vets (Grandfather is in Arlington, section 54 if you're curious; old man was Army Sgt during Vietnam), and our LEOs (even Ryan!). But just like anything else, there are subject matter experts out there, and those that think they are. Sorry for the rant, I just don't want to get piled on unnecessarily.
                        BEERTECH

Comment

So...If I understand this right, normal capacity magazines are legal in CA now. Here's to hoping my normal mags ship! The ones I lost while boating...I should go fishing now. BTW it is a very good read...long at 80+ pages. I forgot that to be part of a state militia, many states required a MINIMUM of ammo on the protector. A good reminder to those wanting gimped mags for general consumption.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...rnias-mag-ban/

Comment

I am super interested to see how this plays out, and seriously wish you the best of luck! I'm behind enemy lines as well, although I guess the wall around my compound aren't as high as yours (yet)

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                            So...If I understand this right, normal capacity magazines are legal in CA now. Here's to hoping my normal mags ship! The ones I lost while boating...I should go fishing now. BTW it is a very good read...long at 80+ pages. I forgot that to be part of a state militia, many states required a MINIMUM of ammo on the protector. A good reminder to those wanting gimped mags for general consumption.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...rnias-mag-ban/
                            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              well that guy is an idiot. The only way that gun goes off is if you pull the trigger.

^^ Yep.

If you manage to shoot yourself with a Glock you're dumb enough to do it with any pistol.

Keep your finger off the trigger, use your brain, and you'll be OK.

There's a reason why most law enforcement agencies all use Glocks, or other striker fired pistols that have the same trigger setup as Glocks (aka no external safety); they're great guns.

I've put close to 20k rounds through various Glocks, carry one daily at work, and carry one in a concealed holster every day.

If that guy is telling you that you shouldn't have a Glock he's either being paid commission to sell that Rock Island, he's an idiot, or he doesn't trust you to be responsible with the firearm.

Comment

there are plenty of reasons to not have a glock, most of them are down to personal preference and or individual ergonomics. I cont shoot a glock to save my own life, there is something about the grip angle and the over all feel that hampers my ability to shoot it accurately no matter how hard I have tried to get used to 1.

But yes no glock should be going off on your hip with STUPID things being done with it, (AKA OPERATOR ERROR) especially when in a proper holster, with retention and covered bang switch

Rock Island shit is just that SHIT....... FFS why on earth would you spend 600ish on RIA 1911 when you can spend 650 on a Springfield 1911 and put a couple hundred bucks in GOOD aftermarket parts and have a 2k dollar kimber equivalent for 900-1100 bucks but I digress
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X