Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what guns???? I dont own any guns.

that said did anyone notice the date on the bill its form the 106th congress which was back in 2000 we are now on the 111th congress me thinks we would know about this already if it was passed
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-21-2009, 03:40 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

i don't own anything but sharp sticks myself! i don't know what guns they are talking about. i have never posted any guns.

that being said, i saw that too, but i was under the impression that they were maybe trying to revive the bill currently?
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        A LEO can not personally own weapons that are Class 3 unless they go though the same steps as you and me. They are able to possess them only as an issue weapon but still owned by the Sheriffs dept. Also Leo's have to carry what is approved by their office. This is a crappy deal and really comes down to money!

just for fun....

http://sendables.jibjab.com/originals/hes_barack_obama
        Um i didnt meen Class 3. I ment CA delcaired AWs like an ar with out a
        mag-lock or a mark 23 an leo can get his department to get it regiserd as an AW for him bye saying he needs it for work. Ca laws are differnt remember. I know LEOs that hae AR pistols with out mag locks and there department regiserd them for them and they get to keep them.
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
          Um i didnt meen Class 3. I ment CA delcaired AWs like an ar with out a
          mag-lock or a mark 23 an leo can get his department to get it regiserd as an AW for him bye saying he needs it for work. Ca laws are differnt remember. I know LEOs that hae AR pistols with out mag locks and there department regiserd them for them and they get to keep them.
          Why would a LEO have an AR Pistol and not a SBR? Seems pretty retarded? If you're a LEO just throw a stock on there so you can have something more useful. Also if you get too short on the barrel without making some changes you're in for some problems and a fire breathing thunder dragon. I completely recommend an Adam Arms piston setup on such a setup. They're making them for 7.5inchers now a days which is pretty cool. Supposedly they run perfect.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

If you register it as a pistol I can never add a stock or if you build a rifle it can be never made a pistol. I believe that's a fed law. There are pistol only lowers. I think they may be a little different also.

He just did it because he wanted an ar pistol. He doesn't ever use it for work its just part off his collection.
            84 318I Delphin RIP
            89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
              If you register it as a pistol I can never add a stock or if you build a rifle it can be never made a pistol. I believe that's a fed law. There are pistol only lowers. I think they may be a little different also.

He just did it because he wanted an ar pistol. He doesn't ever use it for work its just part off his collection.
              I have a Pistol lower; its not different than any other lower except for what it says on the side of it. Its also a multi-caliber lower. I can build it into a rifle if I want to, or a pistol. It doesn't matter. I just can't have a stock on it unless it 16" or longer.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

yeah I forget you commie bastards in CA have different playing rules.

A pistol can be a rifle but not set up as an SBR. A rifle can never be a pistol. But when the shit hits the fan.... all rules are out the window!
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

A pistol can be a rifle but not set up as an SBR. A rifle can never be a pistol. But when the shit hits the fan.... all rules are out the window!
                  Exactly.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Ya thats what I ment. I knew it was something like that.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Bought a Sig P229 early this morning. :D

~ John Adams ~

Comment

good for you
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          good for you
                          Thanks :) Its used and I got it for $550 w/ 2 12rd mags and the guy randomly threw in a 50round box of ammo. It doesn't have a rail either, but I don't own anything to go on a rail sooo whatever....although I kinda wish it did just because if somethings available I kinda want it.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Finally got the CCW a while back (about 2 months ago). And I would really recommend to anyone carrying DeSantis holsters. I bought the Tuck This II and can wear it with basically anything. Also, if you are wearing business casual you can tuck your shirt in. It makes the gun sit low so it makes very little, if at all imprint (I have love handles so with shirt tucked in it looks like I have bigger ones haha). I think I'm going to send off for a non-resident PA because the reprocity will allow me to carry in TX (PA=$20, TX=140)

Also, I'd like to get a rifle and shotgun. I'm pretty set on a an 870 for the shotgun, I like my bros, and it'd just be for casual shooting (won't be shooting it often). I would like to purchase an AR15 but am unsure if I should try to piece on together (I'd probably go with a rock river arms lower..unless someone tells me different). Or should I just buy a completed one (which I don't know if I'll be able to afford a RRA's). I was told that if I constructed one myself the gunsmithing charges to get everything "tight" is pretty damn expensive...maybe putting it into the category of being MORE expensive then the ready to shoot version. I"m looking to stay around $1.5-2g's. OR I will just buy an E30 and do SCCA/autocross shit.

Comment

Mastrcruis: If you worried about having a super tight fitting AR check out sundevil they make some buillit lowers with a set screw to keep the fit nice and tight. They don't hav to be fitted though unles your building a match AR. If you buy god products the fit should be great

Or get a matched set a lot of companys sell them like that now. Mega and les bear do And I think sundevil does also. But I check out sundevil If I were you that's gonna be my next lower.
                              84 318I Delphin RIP
                              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Thanks, maybe I should ask this, if I piece an ar together does it need to have gunsmithing done to it to work? This would be just an occasional shooter...no matches or anything. If I piece it together though, I want it to work without an enormous GSing bill at the end, making sure all the gaps are good. (if needed) Maybe I'm just confused, its a strong possiblity.

Comment

Working...
                                X