Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    That MR920 is nice. I'm sure it's hard to find another pistol that size that carries as well as that one, especially with a barrel that's 4.5"

If only that was an option for the California crowd....

I've been rocking a P365 as my EDC. I love it- especially with the mag extension. (just a grip extender)

Untitled by Omar Mountain, on Flickr

Love the ergonomics of it.. I got big sausage hands and was very skeptical about the feel, but when I held one I was sold.

Had to pay the california "tax" on it... almost as much as a MR920 by the time I walked out w it.....

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Ok, this thread has been dead too long...

Current EDC, shadow systems mr920. No intent on switching it up, and I've actually sold a couple handguns that don't come out of the safe anymore. I just shoot this one.

Also, OG Python that my Dad gave me on a visit a couple years ago. I grew up with this pistol, some of my earliest memories shooting were how my sweaty shaky hands struggled to hold onto it. Definitely my most favored firearm. It will go to one of my children eventually.

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    I like to believe citizens will sacrifice their lives to keep freedom for their future offspring. Life still is too damn good for that fight to happen IMO.

It would be nice if our "representatives" were brought to trial and hung if they stepped on constitutional rights, but alas they know their duty to uphold the constitution is over, and the consequences little.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post

Oh ya, that is worse than CA currently. Gotta shut down these bills before they become law, otherwise you probably won't see it repealed within your lifetime.
    this is not going to happen the Blue idiots are going to keep 1 upping each other on restrictive firearms policy at the state level, until something very bad happens..............

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post

They look promising. Little surprised how high the msrp is on them though. Do you think actual retail will be sub $1k? Your probably better off waiting a year for any of the first model flaws to be exposed and then picking up a second year modified version.
    Same, thought the price would be more of around $600 or so. True about waiting for at least to give them time to let the kinks sorted.

I dont know, about going sub $1k. I mean MSRP is around $1500, that's a lot off the "top".

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post

He's a VA resident. Dark humor is probably the only way of dealing with the shitshow that is going on there. This isn't the politics board so that's as far as I'll take it.
    Oh ya, that is worse than CA currently. Gotta shut down these bills before they become law, otherwise you probably won't see it repealed within your lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Savage came out with a new shotgun...wish I wasnt poor

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/sav...gun-renegauge/
    They look promising. Little surprised how high the msrp is on them though. Do you think actual retail will be sub $1k? Your probably better off waiting a year for any of the first model flaws to be exposed and then picking up a second year modified version.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    Please elaborate? What situation needs resolving?
    He's a VA resident. Dark humor is probably the only way of dealing with the shitshow that is going on there. This isn't the politics board so that's as far as I'll take it.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Savage came out with a new shotgun...wish I wasnt poor

Savage Arms, makers of the most trusted hunting and target rifles in the United States, is proud to introduce RENEGAUGE.

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    Am I the only schmuck here who's going to be in a shootout with the National Guard by this time next year?
    Please elaborate? What situation needs resolving?

Leave a comment:

• Conrad311
    replied
    This thread looks like it could use a good dose of vintage American Steel.

Here are some old sweethearts I inherited back in 2010 from my grandfather, and via him, my great grandfather who used all but the model 12 as a trapper in Vermont from the 20s through the 50s.

Top to bottom:
    1917 S&W i-frame .22/.32 Heavy frame target in .22- learned to shoot on it, still tight and damn accurate. I’ve put thousands of rounds through this funky old wheel gun.
    Montgomery-Wards Western Field Deluxe 12ga (really an Ithaca/LeFever Nitro Special)- rusty gun restoration project
    1947 Winchester Model 12 in 12ga - dropped many a deer
    1893 Winchester 1892 in .32-20 WCF -mediocre bore and barrel was cut way down sometime in the last 127 years. :/ likely to reline it soon and keep it slingin lead

Click image for larger version  Name:	46E8AF7F-50F2-43A2-9FC1-0B11F7BA276C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	9895885

Click image for larger version

Name:	1DBFCA10-61FF-4E3B-B3DF-992A6D75FEE4.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	9895887

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Am I the only schmuck here who's going to be in a shootout with the National Guard by this time next year?

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Primary Arms has a pretty good deal on M3 Pmags right now. Just bought 10 for $99.23 after shipping. Use code Save12. Even cheaper if your in Houston and can pick up in store.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Right on. Should be picking up my upper today after having a Nox pinned and welded. Just hope the shop timed it correctly. I showed the owner how I wanted it timed, so hopefully he passed that info along to who he had doing the install. Trigger arrives tomorrow in the mail, hopefully I get some range time with it on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Just ordered a BCM 14.5 ELW mid length upper. Now time to start on my lower build. I am thinking about going with an Vltor A5 buffer system using anA5H2 buffer. Any of you guys have experience with the A2 system? For lower I may pick up an Aero lower and plan on using the Geissele 3G trigger group. Not sure on pistol grip or stock yet. Open to suggestions. Should have the upper by the end of the weekend, so I need to order any new parts quickly so I can use as an excuse not to put of Christmas decorations. Also, what is the going rate for a pin and weld job? As I need to get a dead air keymod muzzle break installed on the upper.
    The A5 buffer system is the best and most versatile buffer for the AR in my mind, more ammo flexibility and a fantastic recoil impulse. With a 14.5" middy i would definitely want the A5 as some run into issues with carbine buffers and weak .223 ammo.

I would look into the Sons of Liberty Nox muzzle device, the DA brake is like many brakes and super obnoxious without a can on it, the Nox is a middle road brake and flash hider. $45-60 for most pin jobs.

I have yet to find a more comfortable stock than the SOPMOD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X