Anyone here from Chicago? Where to stay, what to see?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mikeedler
    replied
    any of you chicago guys going to the greatlakes dragstrip for the euro thing on sat, or sun?

    Leave a comment:


  • Funkmasta
    replied
    Originally posted by Maluco
    No, I will be arriving Friday Sept 7th and departing that Sunday evening after the game...

    I'm assuming they don't charge to go to this bar and it still provides a viewing?
    Precisely. :) you have to buy a beverage though, so it still winds up being about the same... at least you get a drink or 2 though. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Maluco
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeedler
    i am going to be coming in this sat. are you going to be there?
    I will def come by if I get a chance.
    No, I will be arriving Friday Sept 7th and departing that Sunday evening after the game...
    Originally posted by Funkmasta
    dont go to the top of the tower... go to the bar 3 floors from the top
    I'm assuming they don't charge to go to this bar and it still provides a viewing?

    Leave a comment:


  • Funkmasta
    replied
    dont go to the top of the tower... go to the bar 3 floors from the top :)

    Leave a comment:


  • shutter
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill-B
    Hey shutter, you should come out to the Euroteknik meets. This week we are going to the Portillo's off of Golf Rd. in Schaumburg at 7:15, at 9:00 or so, we go to streets of woodfield for starbucks and Jamba Juice. We have on a normal week 35 cars or so, and about 4-5 weeks ago, we had like 75!
    I should. I've been a member on those forums for a year or so now, when I first started looking for an E30...

    Been slowly modding it, broke my collar bone right after I bought the thing so it slowed me down. it's getting close to where I'd like it, so getting close to showing it off. Everytime I think about it, I just can't bring myself to drive out to the suburbs

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    i am going to be coming in this sat. are you going to be there?
    I will def come by if I get a chance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill-B
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave
    Screw that nancy boy shit, go to U.S Cellular Field and watch a real sport.

    http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/sche...cws&m=9&y=2007
    Fixed

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill-B
    replied
    Hey shutter, you should come out to the Euroteknik meets. This week we are going to the Portillo's off of Golf Rd. in Schaumburg at 7:15, at 9:00 or so, we go to streets of woodfield for starbucks and Jamba Juice. We have on a normal week 35 cars or so, and about 4-5 weeks ago, we had like 75!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Screw that nancy boy shit, go to Comiskey and watch a real sport.

    The official website of the Chicago White Sox with the most up-to-date information on news, tickets, schedule, stadium, roster, rumors, scores, and stats.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill-B
    replied
    Oh, and for the low low price of $36/person, you can go to the top of the Sears Tower :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill-B
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidty
    Soldier field is on the lakefront which I guess is downtown. You've got Navy Pier within walking distance (unless your lazy or there's bad weather) and the History Museum and the Aquarium literally across the block.

    As for hotels, just check hotels.com for your run of the mill comfort inns, etc... and grab a bus/cab to soldier field.
    Navy Pier is a horrible tourist trap

    Leave a comment:


  • shutter
    replied
    It's a good time. It keeps getting bigger and bigger, I do sort of miss when it was smaller. At least the bands keep getting better I guess, bigger names for sure. I'll be there Sat definitely :D

    Forgot to answer your other question. Soldier Field is downtown, pretty much in the Loop. There's a ton of Hotels there, and lots of museums, parks, lake, and stuff around there. The one thing about the Loop is that it's mostly where ppl work during the week. On the weekends, the real Chicagoans are gone, it's just tourists... Lot's to do around there though, just depends what you're looking for.

    Leave a comment:


  • Maluco
    replied
    Originally posted by shutter
    I'm from Chicago. Long time lurker on the boards, and pretty active on M42club.com :D

    Hotels, I would just go for what is cheapest and/or convenient.

    If you're into music, there's a bar named the "Hideout" that has an awesome block party once a year with a bunch of bands. It's really fun and pretty cheap. I'm 99% sure that it's that Friday and Saturday weekend. Saturday, Andrew Bird is headlining. If you're not sure who that is or don't like him, I still highly recommend it. It's outside, lots of booze, and lots of girls! Any cabby should know where that place is, but if you run into trouble tell them it's right behind Home Depot.
    Damn, that sounds dope. I am checking their site and the bands/artists right now..

    Leave a comment:


  • shutter
    replied
    I'm from Chicago. Long time lurker on the boards, and pretty active on M42club.com :D

    Hotels, I would just go for what is cheapest and/or convenient.

    If you're into music, there's a bar named the "Hideout" that has an awesome block party once a year with a bunch of bands. It's really fun and pretty cheap. I'm 99% sure that it's that Friday and Saturday weekend. Saturday, Andrew Bird is headlining. If you're not sure who that is or don't like him, I still highly recommend it. It's outside, lots of booze, and lots of girls! Any cabby should know where that place is, but if you run into trouble tell them it's right behind Home Depot.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    I am flying in on Sat. but unfortunatly leaving the day you arrive.

    Leave a comment:

Working...