Anyone here from Chicago? Where to stay, what to see?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • schmidty
    replied
    Soldier field is on the lakefront which I guess is downtown. You've got Navy Pier within walking distance (unless your lazy or there's bad weather) and the History Museum and the Aquarium literally across the block.

    As for hotels, just check hotels.com for your run of the mill comfort inns, etc... and grab a bus/cab to soldier field.

    Leave a comment:


  • Maluco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill-B
    Just walk around Chicago, there is always something going on. My cousins and sis just went in on Sun and saw them filming Batman. Pretty neat. I don't know if you want to take the train or are getting a rental car, that will help me figure out an area for you to stay. I will talk to my sis tomorrow as she goes in almost every other week with her friends. I just checked to see what was going on. Not much. The Shedd Aquarium is pretty neat, and so is the science museum and field Museum
    Straight public transportation...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill-B
    replied
    Just walk around Chicago, there is always something going on. My cousins and sis just went in on Sun and saw them filming Batman. Pretty neat. I don't know if you want to take the train or are getting a rental car, that will help me figure out an area for you to stay. I will talk to my sis tomorrow as she goes in almost every other week with her friends. I just checked to see what was going on. Not much. The Shedd Aquarium is pretty neat, and so is the science museum and field Museum

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Reaktionär
    replied
    I went up there to look at some cars, but never stayed long enuff to see anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • atomic
    replied
    I really cant help with the hotel request but highl recommend getting some good pizza pie while you are there though !!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Anyone here from Chicago? Where to stay, what to see?

    I'm thinking about flying up to Chicago the weekend of Sept 7th. Brasil will be playing the US National Soccer Team that Sunday and I want to line up plenty to do for Saturday and Sunday. The game is at Soldier Field which I believe is near Downtown. I was thinking about getting an inexpensive hotel somewhat near an area that has shit going on. Can anyone here make any recommendations as to what area to stay in and a few of the top things to see and do?

    I'm going to start doing a little research online but figured I would check with any Chi-town peeps on here as well..


    EDIT: Shit, i just noticed I am in General Discussion. Somebody move me over to Off-Topic. Thanks
    Last edited by Maluco; 08-13-2007, 06:32 PM. Reason: Wrong Section
Working...