No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finally realize that i fucked myself up hardcore at blackrock mt. bike area outside of fall cities, Oregon. Dont remember crashing, barely remember what i did that day and definately dont remember being in the hospital at all, my forks are all mangled up, showed some XC racers how to have some fun. Appreantly i did a huge gap to a big booter and my bike washed out on landing and i used my head to break my fall. It's like that whole day was a dream hahaha

Comment

yikes, scary man.

All the best new and old BMX vids are searched out and added to our VCR. No scrolling, no searching, no registration and no pop-up windows. We find the good stuff, you just sit back and watch.

and a picture ;)

sigpic

Comment

lol nice

Comment

Originally posted by skota View Post
          yikes, scary man.

All the best new and old BMX vids are searched out and added to our VCR. No scrolling, no searching, no registration and no pop-up windows. We find the good stuff, you just sit back and watch.

Damn, Guy has some skill for sure.

Comment

Since this is off topic, and the official bike thread, why not...

Here's the story.

Comment

Bridgstone bike

wasn't someone on here looking for a bridgestone bike? http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/702386740.html

Bruce is from Portland rode with him a lot, awesome guy

Comment

Pricey for that bike, but worth it if you want a well kept example.
                I pointed Andy in the direction of some frames on eBay.

Did you like those Terd Ferggy?

Comment

From the grave again...

My dad surprised me with this gem today...

Still has original everything, like it was stuck in time. Its been in storage for 20 years. :) My Dad got it from the original owner for free.

Another CL gem. Stripped down, bull horns are cut, brake mounted. Has brand new Velocity Aero wheels with Surly cog and hubs on red Michellin Orium's, not pictured. :)
                  Who else is still riding besides me?

Comment

i've actually ridden my geared bike this past week a bit (got a flat on the fixed, patched it to finish the ride but rode my geared until I got a new tube and tossed it in) and I'm loving it. going 30mph after topping out at 19 for so many years is nice. I think I'm going to ride both from now on, before it was just fixed
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

My legs felt like the Incredible Hulk on this geared bike after riding fixed for so long too!

Comment

Yea, fixed gear bikes really promote good pedaling technique... It's a win-win.
                        tasty

Comment

I just found the bike on ebay I'm getting in a few weeks (once I get my George Dubya check), it's a freewheel single speed, but with a flip flop hub that I can covert to fixed once I get used to the bike, then the brakes will go bye-bye, too. My friend Colin found it for me, he's a pretty big fixie-nut, and he said that it's a pretty good setup.

Comment

Here are mine

Arrow DSS

S&M Call Girl

the Runt

Last edited by monty; 06-18-2008, 08:50 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

can someone please explain to me the advantages of a single speed/fixed bike? It really makes no sense to me. climbing must be near impossible. is it just trendy? are people going to start putting carbs and 13" wheels on their cars again?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                                just trendy
                                Everyone loves a fixie!

Comment

Working...
                                X