The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke my chain yesterday.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

21" Frame. Swiped it from my brother's garage. Put pedals and tires on it. I'm 6' 2"with my heels on. Rides nice with the Scwalbe's. Anyone else running Schwalbe's?
      German Company.
      My bro is 6'5" with his heels on. he makes that bike look small.

Schwalbe North America: Best driving comfort ✓ Latest technology ✓ Discover the range of Schwalbe North America online now!
      Last edited by Dirtbleed; 05-15-2009, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Anybody ever had a self-loosening skewer?

I road my Felt in this morning and every few miles the rear wheel was completely lose. The skewer has the cam action, but when I tighten the lever there's no over-center and the force just slowly pushes the lever back out.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangstbd View Post
          p1 chromo. my friend had one i didnt like the geometry and it was kinda heavy but i could nvr see one breaking
          Yeah, I just decided to try and get into it so a reasonably priced durable bike is what I needed.

Originally posted by SIR E30 View Post
          Your "pile" is freakin awesome! P2?
          Thank you sir. p1
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

God, tarck is a pain. I post a WTB thread for some SS wheels for the girls build and a guy Pms me and says 40 + ship.

I say ok, that might work, but could you get me a shipping quote? So he goes and packages it all up and goes to the post office to get the cost and then gives me the quote, which is much higher than expected, so i say its a no go

Now he's shitting on the thread saying i agreed to it when i never asked him to do any of that, so

Pain.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtbleed View Post
              21" Frame. Swiped it from my brother's garage. Put pedals and tires on it. I'm 6' 2"with my heels on. Rides nice with the Scwalbe's. Anyone else running Schwalbe's?
              German Company.
              My bro is 6'5" with his heels on. he makes that bike look small.

http://www.schwalbetires.com/
              Ive heard good things about those tires but never ridden em.

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
              Anybody ever had a self-loosening skewer?

I road my Felt in this morning and every few miles the rear wheel was completely lose. The skewer has the cam action, but when I tighten the lever there's no over-center and the force just slowly pushes the lever back out.
              Yeah, its called buy a new one. Maybe your not going far enough with the lever?
              -Chris

Comment

IRO, how are they? Have an opportunity to get a cheap, one with Dedacciai COM 12.5 tubing and a CF for a decent price. I'm riding a Specialized S works right now that was converted by me and I don't like the angles.

Missed out on a cheap Langster S works last month while on the road. Darn.

They are made in Tawain, so not bad, my Motobecane Century Pro was made there but Not that familar with IRO.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Which IRO are you looking at? They have really good geometry and I like the frames a lot.
                  -Erik
                  '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                  I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Mark V.

Last edited by M-technik-3; 05-18-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Great bike! I would get it if you're going to get a great deal on it.
                      -Erik
                      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Comment

Not super bargain priced but a good to better price than most out there. Great thing is it perfect size for me.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Great thing is it perfect size for me.
                          That's the most important part! I would get it.
                          -Erik

Comment

argh I want to ride my fixed so bad. my back is starting to feel a bit better though so I will soon start riding my geared bike again
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

I know its the nice biking season in the NE. Anyone ever hit Kingdom Trails in Vermont? I was up there two years ago and it was a ton of fun. Strange to say it was a bit of a joke compared to central PA riding, but there was a lot of fast singletrack. Locally we just ride over shit tons of rocks and abuse both our bikes and our bodies. The downhills are so short they you pretty much ride uphill the whole day.

Comment

Never been... Sounds like a cool place haha
                                -Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X