No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trek 1.5 is a good entry level bike to see if you like it. For only 200 more you can get the 2.1 that has 105's and better nearly everything else. Road biking is great fun if you have a good location.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

That Cannondale looks tasty. I live by Greenlake... great for cycling!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

first i park my car,

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

about 3 weeks ago I purchased a road bike now that im not living in the city. Riding my track bike was just getting too difficult/annoying around here.

I picked up an all original mint condition 1988 cannondale SR600 Criterium series. Full shimano 105. I replaced the stem with a NOS 80's Cinelli 90mm reach, because the 110 nitto on it was too long for me.

Also, for now im using my MKS royal nuevo pedals off my fixed gear with toshi double straps. I'd like to get clip-in pedals/shoes but know nothing about them. Advice would be great. Nashbar's website has great deals on shoes and riding shorts
          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
            Also, for now im using my MKS royal nuevo pedals off my fixed gear with toshi double straps. I'd like to get clip-in pedals/shoes but know nothing about them. Advice would be great. Nashbar's website has great deals on shoes and riding shorts
            While I can't offer advice on what to get I can tell you that they are referred to as clipless pedals. Somewhat confusing but may help you in your searching.
            Originally posted by z31maniac
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
              While I can't offer advice on what to get I can tell you that they are referred to as clipless pedals. Somewhat confusing but may help you in your searching.
              you're right, my bad
              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

A lot of it has to do with preference really. MORE so has to do with what you want to PAY. You definitely get what you pay for with clipless pedals/shoes. I ride SPD clipless pedals. I had them for my road bikes/track bike and I use them on my MTB bike as well. I personally love them. There are many other options out there. If I were you I would go to a LBS and check out what they have and actually get a feel for them before you start spending all your money online and hoping it works out. DEFINITELY try your shoes on before you buy them. I've gone through many different shoes to find ones I really like. I have an MTB trail shoe. Pretty heavy shoe, but very comfortable. Not ideal for weight weinnies on road bikes, but they are great for trails and walking up loose rock/gravel paths.

These are what I have. I like them because they don't scream out (I'm a cyclist).
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

^ clean looking CAAD. Tough and stiff frames.

Upgrade time... courtesy of local CL I picked up a couple year old race wheelset.

Chris Kings ISO hubs, DT Swiss spoked with Stan's ZTR 355 running my newer Specialized Captains tubless on my old FSR Expert

Disassembled, did a full service on both hubs and the first ride today was awesome. Quick engagement and the upgrade to tubeless feels like its added 2 mph in rolling speed to the bike. Hands down one of the best upgrades you can do to a MTB.... make the jump to tubeless.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    I just found my new road bike for the spring. Cannondale CAAD10 4 in gulf colors! A tad above my budget, but the colors make it worth it to me. Time to start saving! I will update once I get it.

Haven't seen that yet! Looks great. I love my CAAD 9. The only thing I don't like about the CAAD 10's are the S.A.V.E chainstays. Makes the bike feel a bit flexy to me. I bought my CAAD because of stiff it was.
                    91 318is M50 swapped
                    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I got this bike a few months ago. I wanted to get 1 or 2 levels up from it but they didn't have any my size in Aus.
                      The front derailleur and shifters are Sora, and the rear derailleur is Tiagra. Full Tiagra or 105's would have been ace but I can't complain, it holds up well :D

I ended up getting $250 off the bike and new helmet, pedals, bibs and gloves for cheap. Awesome deal! I got some shoes and cleats thrown in for free, lucky I needed new shoes

Tim.

Comment

x/1 speedplay titanium pedals here. Love them. Allows a little room for pivoting.

Current: 1988 M3 - Henna/Black black alcantara

Guten Parts + Service
                        ... When you care enough to only give the very best.

Previous:
                        '87 S50 MTech 1 325is
                        '07 DTM Audi S4
                        '03 VF Supercharged M3
                        '03 Lexus IS300 (615rwhp/512rwtq)

Comment

Originally posted by tg318is View Post
                          I got this bike a few months ago. I wanted to get 1 or 2 levels up from it but they didn't have any my size in Aus.
                          The front derailleur and shifters are Sora, and the rear derailleur is Tiagra. Full Tiagra or 105's would have been ace but I can't complain, it holds up well :D

I ended up getting $250 off the bike and new helmet, pedals, bibs and gloves for cheap. Awesome deal! I got some shoes and cleats thrown in for free, lucky I needed new shoes

Even if it is a lower level it sounds like you got a killer deal!

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Yea it holds up well enough, I can always get new wheels cause that will improve it a lot. The frames is light and is strong enough but definitely would have chosen the 1.5 (level up), as it was only another $200!
                            Tim.

Comment

Specialized Roubaix

Getting ready to ride in the "Hotter Hell Hundred" mile race next Saturday on this...Specialized Roubaix w/ SRAM APEX..full carbon..love it. Since this Pic I've added Speedplay pedals and Vredstein Fortezza tires. I've been riding about 150 miles a week on it..

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                Anyone else been riding a ton lately?

I've been riding about 150 miles a week.. not sure if that qualifies as a "ton"...

Comment

Working...
                                X