The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got this today for free

It's a DBS Kombi Shopper. I don't know much about it, but I think it's cool.
    '91 E30 316i
    '97 Rover Mini 1275

Comment

Originally posted by '90 316i View Post
      What do you want to know? Then School me on my e30, new to the cars.
      Don't be an ass. I was thinking about some sort of full suspension bike for jumps and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
        Don't be an ass. I was thinking about some sort of full suspension bike for jumps and shit.

Not being an ass at all man. I'm seriously an e30 noob, only had mine a couple of months. MTBs on the other hand I know quite a bit, just trying to trade knowledge. No offense intended whatsoever.

Bavaria, it's right next to Germany!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
          Someone school me on MTB bikes. I'd like get into it but, don't know shit about it.
          You live in the PNW, you have many options for what type of riding you want to do. There's a LOT of XC trails around with great technical but not too steep terrain, and there's also plenty of great places to hit up for more DH/Aggressive riding. I sold my XC bike for the Trail/DH bike I have now. '11 Specialized Enduro Expert (Evo conversion). It's a great trail bike and I can definitely hit Whistler/Stevens pass with it no problem.

The second, or possibly first thing to consider is price range. You can spend $300-$5,000+ on a new bike. It all depends on what components are used to build it and what the bike is going to be used for. So what ever your price range is will probably determine what bike you go for.
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

As far as a fully for jumps and shit, ( NOT TRYING TO OFFEND) but shit should be a little bit more specific. You can jump anything as far as I'm concerned. (I've jumped everything I've ever touched) Some not such a good idea admittedly.
            For jumping, are you referring to sculpted, steep "dirt jump" style stuff, drops, or hucking huge booters? Seriously, man the difference in the bikes are huge. The tech that the bike companies have put into the bikes now have made them pretty use intended. There aren't really only 3 "types" of bikes anymore.
            More than willing to guide ya in the right direction, but the choice is a bit more specific now than ever. It will come down to personal preference, I'm a firm believer in that. I can help you get some choices to chose from though.
            As far as the e30 goes, I've been through a couple of these forums for the last couple weeks and it blows my mind! lol I've been a mechanic all my life just about, but the choices on swaps alone is crazy. Just wondering if there were any "basics" that need to be known about the vehicles? Swaps are my main concern, still not sure if I want to boost or not either. Hows that for vague?
            Again, I apologize for the miss-understanding man. Give me some more info for your intended use of a bike and I will be able to steer ya in the right direction and open some options for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              You live in the PNW, you have many options for what type of riding you want to do. There's a LOT of XC trails around with great technical but not too steep terrain, and there's also plenty of great places to hit up for more DH/Aggressive riding. I sold my XC bike for the Trail/DH bike I have now. '11 Specialized Enduro Expert (Evo conversion). It's a great trail bike and I can definitely hit Whistler/Stevens pass with it no problem.

The second, or possibly first thing to consider is price range. You can spend $300-$5,000+ on a new bike. It all depends on what components are used to build it and what the bike is going to be used for. So what ever your price range is will probably determine what bike you go for.
              He is right about the price range, forgot to mention it. Not sure I would hit Whistler on a Spec. Enduro though! :rofl: Though they are some pretty sweet bikes.

Comment

Anyone in the Harrisburg PA area ride bmx

Comment

Damn what happened to this thread? :(

Anyway, haven't been on a bike since I got the 30. I got it back together the other day and decided we should film an edit first day. Bad idea...

Decided to manual this thing and like popped my shoulder out of place or something. :ohsnap:

And they're making me ride again today... :loco:

Comment

Just registered for the Sierra Point Night Cross race in San Fransisco

Mens category B

Curious if anyone else will be there ringing cowbells or racing.

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
                      Damn what happened to this thread? :(

Anyway, haven't been on a bike since I got the 30. I got it back together the other day and decided we should film an edit first day. Bad idea...

Decided to manual this thing and like popped my shoulder out of place or something. :ohsnap:

And they're making me ride again today... :loco:
                      This is why I dont manual things, dropping that front wheel a half a second too early and you are FUCKED

Comment

I picked this up over the summer, its a Globe Roll II. Its got a new white saddle on it, from the factory it came with a plastic saddle, and my fat ass couldn't handle that shit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Hey everyone I'm selling my 1988 Cannondale Critierium series 3.0. This bike is INCREDIBLE and you probably won't find another like it. All original down to the tires. Check it out:

1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by Jafxod View Post
                            This is why I dont manual things, dropping that front wheel a half a second too early and you are FUCKED
                            YES that is so true.. I dropped the nose so many times but I've gotten lucky most times and was able to save it and almost go into a nose manual.

On another note, finally got WHIPS almost down. Psyched about that.

Comment

well i got a few, guess ill share!

my dobermann

busting into my friends kitchen haha

the mob

my commuter to the shop!

and last but not least, the corsair.

Comment

I haven't ridden in a while :( It's starting to get cold too. But I'm definitely excited for snowboarding!
                                -Erik
                                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Working...
                                X