Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
    Can I get some insight/opinions???

I am looking to buy a road bike. I just got excited about cycling again this summer.
    Since all I had was my original Trek 460 (don't laugh!), I rode it a few times this summer on 15-20 mile rides. I've now retired it to permanent fixed trainer status, and need to replace it.

I was looking at a Felt Z95. This would be my first "modern" bike... Is this suitable to get back into the swing of things? I'm not looking to ever ride competitively. This is for personal fitness and enjoyment.

Also, I have a vintage Kona Sex-One with the oft destroyed Marazocchi air/oil front shock. I have been unable to find a replacement shock, since the head tube is a funky size. Anyone have a lead on where I could find a replacement?

Thank you for the help! E30's I know... bikes.... I'm lost!
    I would save up a little more and get a bike equipped with 105s at the least. They feel so much nicer. The directness of the shifts makes riding more enjoayable. And the ergonomics are usually more comfortable too.
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone know anything about Dagger bikes? I can't seem to find out much other than that they were made in SoCal circa late '90s. I've got this frame, just wondering if it's worth building, selling, or keeping as wall art.

It's aluminum, looks well made, and it's pretty damn light:

'84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
        Anyone know anything about Dagger bikes? I can't seem to find out much other than that they were made in SoCal circa late '90s. I've got this frame, just wondering if it's worth building, selling, or keeping as wall art.

It's aluminum, looks well made, and it's pretty damn light:

Dagger made some sweet road and mtn frames. I'm pretty sure they used Easton Pro-Gram Elite tubing and had one of the better aluminum frame builders doing the welding. I was hoping to buy one at one point but they had gone out of business by then. I'd say its totally worth building, it would likely make a good crit frame or possible time trial bike, or both. The Dagger road frames are pretty rare, they mostly built mtn bikes.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

You want this one? It's small for me, 54cm I think. Would be fun to build, but who knows when I'll have the time. If I could find a good home for it I'd let it go for however much my LBS would want to pack and ship it.

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
            You want this one? It's small for me, 54cm I think. Would be fun to build, but who knows when I'll have the time. If I could find a good home for it I'd let it go for however much my LBS would want to pack and ship it.
            A 54cm is way too small for me, I need a 57cm top tube. My current frame is a 54x57.5, 54cm seat tube, long top tube all aero tubing. Crit/ITT frame.

People who know who Dagger was will likely pay good $ for the frame, everyone else however will look at it as a no name frame. It sucks because its a very good frame, but so few were built that few people know about them.

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

No worries, it is a really cool frame and will look good on the wall above my workbench if nothing else. I probably have enough cast off cheapo components kicking around to get it mostly built, but for now I'd just as soon leave it as a conversation piece.

Thanks for the info, pretty much all I was finding online had to do with their mountain bikes, and apparently there's a department store brand calling themselves Dagger these days.

Comment

This was what I built back in 09:

Absolutely loved it. Had to sell it for rent a while back
                -Peter
                '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                '91 318is slicktop project
                '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                '00 Tundra

Comment

^ that's lovely. well done.

how much did it go for?

E46t

Comment

Built it for $900, sold it for $525 :(

Loved building it and riding it. Did not love losing my ass on it for some quick cash. I should have blew a few people instead.
                    -Peter
                    '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                    '91 318is slicktop project
                    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                    '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Habla View Post
                      Built it for $900, sold it for $525 :(

Loved building it and riding it. Did not love losing my ass on it for some quick cash. I should have blew a few people instead.
                      Its cool man, just keep checking CL and Ebay and you'll be able to get that bike back in parts for about 600 anyways. People dont value the Leader frames and Miche stuff like they did in '09. The track bike fad is officially in the downslope.

Comment

If anybody is looking for a new bike, the shop I "work" at has a few Pinarellos ranging from an FP-2 (10sod 105) @$1350 to a Quattro FRC/RIV (10spd mix of SRAM Force and Rival) @$2350 and a few CX bikes ranging from $875-$975. Not trying to push a sale, just throwing it out there
                        09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                        05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                        87 BMW 325is
                        a few bicycles

Comment

Nice bikes guys!

Here's my old commuter bike and now the one to replace it...big step up for me as it's night and day performance :rofl:

I'm still shocked how light this bike is...it's about as heavy as the dumbbell around 20lbs maybe

Gotta appreciate this guys marketing skills :rofl:
                          Attached Files

Comment

flatland before it was cool

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nice find. One rad old dude. Still jumped off curbs till he was nearly 80 wow.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
                              Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

This will not be on my 2014 bicycle goals list.

http://www.bicyclemovies.com/backwar...alance-is-key/

Comment

Working...
                                X