No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys i picked up my first bike yesterday I'm pretty stocked to finally teach myself how to ride.. its a Cannonade 400 hybrid with an aluminum frame, 3x8 gears with Shimano shifters (one is broken) and derailers

untitled (2 of 6).jpg by Matthew w wiseman, on Flickr
    untitled (3 of 6).jpg by Matthew w wiseman, on Flickr
    untitled (4 of 6).jpg by Matthew w wiseman, on Flickr
    untitled (5 of 6).jpg by Matthew w wiseman, on Flickr
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
      finally teach myself how to ride..
      Mr Ham - I'm kind of having a sad here....you've never had a bike? ..even when you were 6?

But good on you, go for it! They're such a blast. One of life's simple joys. And (I think) the most efficient machine of any kind.

Enjoy it. Momentum and balance. Wear a helmet. Spin the pedals, don't chug in a high gear - you're a one-cylinder cycle engine, not a 454.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        Mr Ham - I'm kind of having a sad here....you've never had a bike? ..even when you were 6?

But good on you, go for it! They're such a blast. One of life's simple joys. And (I think) the most efficient machine of any kind.

Enjoy it. Momentum and balance. Wear a helmet. Spin the pedals, don't chug in a high gear - you're a one-cylinder cycle engine, not a 454.

My mom tried to teach me as a kid but I was stubborn and didn't want to learn, so it's mostly my fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

You're gonna love it!

Comment

yeah its bit harder to learn when you are 22 compared to 7 but had to happen eventually
            88 325is Five Speed
            Lachssilber

Comment

I need to get a new bike...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I bought a specialized awol this past fall and I love it. Hoping to outfit it with some frame bags or panniers and do some bike packing.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

A few pics from the North American Handbuilt bike show from today.

There was some cool stuff there.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

That last one is wild.

How do you lean the tricycle one? Or is it intended for people with injuries or balance issues?

Comment

That last one is wild.

How do you lean the tricycle one? Or is it intended for people with injuries or balance issues?
                      I didn't ask. I just thought it was a really nice display of workmanship. It is made from Titanium. I shot more pics of the show, I just haven't finished editing them.

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Some more from the Hand built bike show...

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Wow. wowie wow...

Some amazing stuff. Those loose hand-cut lugs are insane. Bamboo & carbon fiber...huh?

Carl Strong is in Bozeman Montana. A friend's son use to be sponsored by Strong when he was a teenager. That son is Tejay van Garderen and now he's "kind of a big deal." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejay_van_Garderen

Comment

Wow. wowie wow...

Some amazing stuff. Those loose hand-cut lugs are insane. Bamboo & carbon fiber...huh?

Carl Strong is in Bozeman Montana. A friend's son use to be sponsored by Strong when he was a teenager. That son is Tejay van Garderen and now he's "kind of a big deal." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejay_van_Garderen
                            Thats cool. It would be good to see Tejay have a good tour this year.

I have a frame built by Carl, I broke it hahah. It was a sweet frame. Built with Columbus Altec 2+ and Easton Ultralight. Here is was prior to my breaking the dropout (It just broke while on a ride, a real JRA)

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Some of those track bikes are amazing!

I got my wife a singlespeed off Bikesdirect a while back and she never liked the drops that it had on it, she just wasn't comfortable with having to lean over that far. This weekend I finally got around to building her a new setup. I got some mountain bike risers, purple Ourys, and a Tektro brake lever. Set it all up and she is way more comfortable with the riding position!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

anyone have any decent disc 700c wheelsets hanging around? my commuter bike got vandalized, and I'm rebuilding it onto a chinese carbon cyclocross frameset, but need to replace the rear wheel as well.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X