The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    damn! I just switched to a 2.8" tire from a 3.0" and went tubeless and it was great. Felt so much less sluggish on climbs. a 5lb drop on that bike is going to be nuts

I can't tell you how many times I've been chatting with guys on the trails and they've told me they wished they had a hardtail. Its better for climbing, which we have a lot of here, makes technical stuff, which we have a lot of here, way more fun. I'd say getting a clipless setup is necessary for a hardtail though. I rode with flats once and got bounced off the pedals way too many times when bombing down through some rougher stuff.
    Where in the Bay area are you? Might be fun to go ride some dirt. (Hell it would be good to get out on a bike again. 14 times this year is pathetic.)

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      Where in the Bay area are you? Might be fun to go ride some dirt. (Hell it would be good to get out on a bike again. 14 times this year is pathetic.)

Will
      Oakland. Shoot me a PM and we can figure something out
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Buddy of mine snapped some shots on the little bike last night.

91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Fun fact, tree's aren't soft. Hit one at a pretty clip riding last week which sent me straight over the bars onto my face.

91 318is M50 swapped
          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Ouch
            Fuck that
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Tree hugging at speed is never a good idea, unless you are falling down a cliff.

That did leave a mark, and I'm sure you are going to be feeling that for a few days.

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Oooof, reminds me of a skiing injury I had when I was younger.....I cracked ribs also. Agree w/ Blackbird here!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                  Tree hugging at speed is never a good idea, unless you are falling down a cliff.

That did leave a mark, and I'm sure you are going to be feeling that for a few days.

Will

Yea I've taken the last week and a half off. It's been so swollen I haven't been able to do much but am hoping to get back on this weekend.

Thankful to have had my google on too otherwise my face would have gotten it alot worse.

91 318is M50 swapped
                  05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

^^^ ow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3719 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	7201795

Comment

Thats a lovely lookin whip you got there, sir
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

God help me I'm lacing up my first set of rims right now and I'm at the point where I gotta true them.
                        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

My son's race bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                            God help me I'm lacing up my first set of rims right now and I'm at the point where I gotta true them.
                            so satisfying but holy crap it takes forever. I laced up my first bmx wheel when I was young and I think it took me almost two hours to get it straight enough to feel good about it. Super discouraging after watching that mail order wheel lacing competition between albes and danscomp lol. Those guys could lace and true a wheel in like 11 minutes or something
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Took me hours, I laced the new rim for the front, then did the rear using an old hub, one flange was right the other had the spokes exiting the hub the wrong way... took forever to figure out how to get it right. Then I relaced the front the same way... then I did it again with the hub facing the same way as the rim's label lmao. Still gotta true but atleast they're assembled properly so far.
                              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Ok I will motivate myself to get a shot of my Ellsworth Ride up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X