No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely need some new bars. I flipped and cut mine, but I still don't like them.

Comment

Andy, I think I have the same Chrome messenger bag as your bud. :)
      James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

There is a reason for the hype- I just wish I knew more people down here that ride them.

MKS pedals with straps- make riding much more enjoyable.

I love my bike.

Comment

Soooo I've been browsing craigslist for some cheap frames that I could convert... Here are a few in my area. What do you think?

A built Windsor.

Giant Bowery

'96 Binachi Champione (PURPLE!) So pimp!
          Last edited by Erik; 08-02-2008, 03:20 PM.
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Alpine,

Bianchi.
            Or if you want a cheap, bad-ass looking frame, LEADER.

My fiance just bought a Trek 1.2, BLK

Pretty bad ass. My IRO will be here Monday, I'll post some photos when I getz it.
            Last edited by Bavarian3; 08-02-2008, 03:34 PM.

Comment

That Windsor still has the shitty stock drops and horrible cheap bar tape on them. :D

Comment

Ok so the bike in my sig is an '08 Specialized Allez and it came with White bar tape... Well since I bought it a month ago I have ridden quite a lot and the tape is no longer white since I ride with no gloves. What color should I get? Between Red and black...
                -Erik
                '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Jet Bike, start up procedure. check out the kick stand!
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
                    There is a reason for the hype- I just wish I knew more people down here that ride them.

MKS pedals with straps- make riding much more enjoyable.

I love my bike.
                    I was going to ask for a pedal suggestion, I guess I just got it. I'm gonna be getting a wheelset out by UCLA earlt next week, then cranks, and come CF goodies...

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                      Josh, i'm stoked youre into the scene. when i was a 5 years old my next door neighbors woke up to an old school H-street board on their front yard, and they gave it to me. I hopped right on without missing a beat, and I still skate to this day. But I have been riding brake-less BMX for almost 7 years so naturally fixed just grew one me. I love the bare bones- simple form that they provide me. skidding for 35 feet in front of the philly art museum for 35 feet is the best feeling in the world to me.
                      I'm totally into it, way more than I thought I would be. Every time I ride my bike, all I can think of is "I love this bike". I love the styling, the simplicity, the speed, the feel, the scene, everything. I've been into nothing but E30s and cars for the last 7-8 years, I've needed something new for so long, and fixies are definitely it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                        Ok so the bike in my sig is an '08 Specialized Allez and it came with White bar tape... Well since I bought it a month ago I have ridden quite a lot and the tape is no longer white since I ride with no gloves. What color should I get? Between Red and black...
                        Red. :)
                        James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

This is all pretty funny. I used to be an avid skateboarder. I was sponsored and worked at a few parks over the course of 4 or so years. I still skate 4 or more times per month.

good news: I rode fixed gear for the first time today. It's really fun - and came quite naturally.

What I don't like:

My handlebars
                          My brakes (I'm going to remove them all)
                          My pedals

So, I know where I'm going to start. Where can I get some relatively flat bars?
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

get risers. I have azonic mountain bike bars actually, and they can be found on the 'bay or any local bike shop. Ritchey bars are good bars also

And like il duce, i am an extremely avid fan of MKS pedals. they are easy to get into, easy to get out of and are etremely smooth.
                            1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                            1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                            1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                            1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I sold my fairly nice FS trail bike (07 Spec FSRxc Comp) and bought the exact opposite: 07 Redline Monocog 29er, and I can't say I'm the least bit sorry. SS rocks for the trail, its a lot more fun. Shopping for a SS road bike now...
                              BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                                What I don't like:

My handlebars
                                My brakes (I'm going to remove them all)
                                My pedals
                                Don't remove both the brakes. If/when you do get hit, you're not going to have a leg to stand on in an insurance claim when they find out you didn't have at least a front brake. And if you're riding anytime after the sun goes down, you'd better at least get a blinking red rear light, for the same reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X