• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
    Who can do a backflip raise your hand!

*Raises hand*
    :loco:

Comment

Yea it used to scare the shit out of me then I started landing them everytime lol.
      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Nittos arent gonna go on for a little while yet, working on some other parts or possibly another frame to put them on as well
        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
        1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

A bike that weighs less than 3 pounds....

This is the old site, please go to https://engineering.byu.edu for our new site.

Comment

Eh, they've had 3 lb bike frames forever. For mountain bikes, the old ass Trek carbon fiber composite bikes were around 2.7 lbs or so. I've never understood the fascination with saving .5 lbs off the frame while sacrificing durability. Also, I've never understood the fascination with running a 90 gram stem. Sounds like an excellent recipe to eat pavement when it breaks!

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Just finished a little spring cleaning, still have alot to do but it'll be nice to be on a fresh bike. The rear triangle is a prototype for 09. ;)
              sigpic

Comment

What's it like to ride an SS? I have an old Cannondale that I'm thinking of converting...
                Originally posted by Simon S
                When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

I should be picking up my new Steamroller sometime this week. Will post pics when i get it set up.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
                    What's it like to ride an SS? I have an old Cannondale that I'm thinking of converting...
                    With the right gearing you can ride a singlespeed almost anywhere, climbing just requires you to keep a higher cadence and momentum, but you do top out on your speed once you go past what your gearing will let you do.

It's simple and a fun way to ride.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                      I'm looking into a fairly entry level road bike to get back into biking, but for fitness this time. I had my share of 20" for racing/jumping when I was young, and I still have a GT mountain bike, but it doesn't do to well in urban FL. I'd like to get a basic bike, maybe up to $500-600. Where/what should I be looking for?
                      Cannondale, Trek.

Look for used, you can find some fairly good deals.

Comment

I find shit loads of Treks around here on craigslist

Comment

Im in Love with multi colored GT Skota.

Mr. Ferguson, What kind of frame are you looking for?

Comment

my klein mantra. I will post pics of my stinky when i finish building it

Comment

my shitbox but seemingly fun as hell 'windsor the hour'. picked it up last weekend not even fully built yet from someone who decided they didn't want fixed for their commute, for half of the already cheap $300.

just took it fully apart and painted/rebuilt it. there were a few problems with it, but i was able to fix everything easily enough. still planning on some stencils/details to finish it off. should be a fun bike!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                                I'm looking into a fairly entry level road bike to get back into biking, but for fitness this time. I had my share of 20" for racing/jumping when I was young, and I still have a GT mountain bike, but it doesn't do to well in urban FL. I'd like to get a basic bike, maybe up to $500-600. Where/what should I be looking for?

Keep an eye out for a used Litespeed on EBAY... sometimes they can be bought for cheap, maybe not $500-600 but I have seen them $800-1000 before. Excellent bikes and American built with air craft/aerospace grade titanium.

Comment

Working...
                                X