Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3Z3N
    replied
    As bikes are very hard to buy new right now, about a 6+ month wait, while I wait for my 2021 Santa Cruz Hightower C S build in grey, picked up this used:
    Santa Cruz Nomad v4 Carbon X01 Build. Fox 36 Performance Elite Grip 2, Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate, Code R Brakes, Reverb Stealth C1 dropper and Carbon Reserve wheels. Got it for a song, frame is brand new replaced under warranty. Plan is to swap the Code Rs and RS SDU over to the new bike once it comes. Too bad I can't swap over the reserves.... I may end up liking this more, but as a 6' 3" guy, I prefer 29ers, especially for California chunk. I was and still am torn between my backordered Hightower and the Megatower.

Update the Hightower V2 C S came in!

Last edited by R3Z3N; 08-08-2020, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    "What's the geometry on that?"

Click image for larger version  Name:	wooden bike.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	9938366

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by calster View Post

Awesome pics. I love the background. Any info about the bikes?
    That bike was here this weekend - I took a closer look....
    Raleigh Team, about 2003(?), all Campy Record, Columbus alum tubing, Carve carbon fork and rear seat stays. Pretty decent CL bike for $300!

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    I'm just glad it's the bike's titanium coil instead of your not titanium coils.

I grew up skiing at Winter Park, Loveland, and mostly A-Basin.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_S
    replied
    Accidentally rode of this wood rollin completely to flat. Snapped my titanium coil in 3 pieces.

Untitled by Nick Smith, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Lessee....he used his LeMond Poprad cross bike because it has discs and fatter tires for coming back down. She has an older (not as old as his!) alum Raleigh with some decent parts on it.

They're likely to open the whole pass in a couple of weeks, so they wanted to get up there while it's still just bikes and peds on the road. When I've done this, there were quite a few rocks on the road from spring runoff and plowing, and blind corners, and water pouring across the road, and drainage grates, so you can't just go blasting down. Besides, it's really chilly!

Leave a comment:

• calster
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    They pedaled up Going to the Sun highway in Glacier Park, skied around at the pass above the still buried visitor center, rode back down in a hailstorm. Adventure. Highway is cleared from the west side of the pass, but not open to cars yet. Lot of people up there they said, and a lot of people on electric assist bikes, which is new. But a lot of older people were up on top of this mountain, people who wouldn't normally get to see something like this.
    Awesome pics. I love the background. Any info about the bikes?

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    They pedaled up Going to the Sun highway in Glacier Park, skied around at the pass above the still buried visitor center, rode back down in a hailstorm. Adventure. Highway is cleared from the west side of the pass, but not open to cars yet. Lot of people up there they said, and a lot of people on electric assist bikes, which is new. But a lot of older people were up on top of this mountain, people who wouldn't normally get to see something like this.
    Last edited by LateFan; 06-23-2020, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Dad!...come down!! Dad?

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    brrrrAAAAp

Leave a comment:

• Nick_S
    replied
    Crazy fun weekend of riding this past weekend. Did a full day of lift access DH, then some BMX, then a gorgeous trail ride with my lady through the changing aspen trees. Bummed we don't have much time left in the mountains before winter hits for the year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	70727094_10157822303756694_7499039093821538304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQk9_PaY0w9WTJgPykRT2uHlRN3-bgMyKUAxfpjooQwj_d33idQj3CW1kCviy3ldzes&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=c0e9fcb302883ad815901f5a9e8ec6ca&oe=5E3D189F.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	9872584

Name:	71420684_10157822304261694_2200562829528924160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQmc5jHUgUUb9MRoajqr5JZzDaF15AELy9SWItHAeBAnAd-ht5fdNB02hWShfhYVhcQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=8b9663ce567fc4c11037f5a96e31fc15&oe=5E33D756.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	9872585
    Calling this one a family portrait, haha.

Name:	70173829_10157822306146694_6986365288832827392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnR120o-KvRpnfcA8B2D7-3NDaBXaUvI87moo95eE6UkBzQKa7IcqXl_FkYlDAXFVI&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=f94e7d5846050727c802f1cf443b88a2&oe=5E2CCF1B.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	9872586

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by beta14ok View Post

Golly, sad news, hope it turns-up!! Beautiful bike and I love the hydration theme,.....I hadn't seen those forkmounted cages prior.
    Thanks. Those are custom duct tape fork mounts!

Leave a comment:

• beta14ok
    replied
    Trash picked this ol' early 2000's Fuji a few weeks back. Broken front derailleur, missing back wheel, lots of frozen parts from sitting-out in the PA elements. Picked a few used parts off the 'bay (Shimano 105 & Mavic), along with new tubes and tires and grips. Fun project, the rides pretty nice, and that triple shifts surprisingly nice with the "newish" Shimano 105 FD-5504. Now I have a beater to use when I don't wanna get the Moser slob'd-up.

Leave a comment:

• beta14ok
    replied
    Somebody stole my son's mountain bike,.......

Name:	IMG_20190615_162752899_HDR.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	9861402
    Golly, sad news, hope it turns-up!! Beautiful bike and I love the hydration theme,.....I hadn't seen those forkmounted cages prior.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_S
    replied
    wait...are you going UP that ramp and jumping what looks like a level gap before going around the banking? Or is that an optical illusion?

Who maintains all those weathering planks and frames?
    You're seeing that correct. Small little gap, then up around a corner and then a flat section for a pedal before the drop. This is at Trestle Bike Park in Winter Park, CO. It's a massive lift access bike park so all the trails and features are maintained regularly by a full time staff. Super rad spot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X