No announcement yet.

The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember them selling tickets to get a glass of pliny the younger at a local bar. I wanted to try it but not that bad.
    finished my last pliny, at least I'm reusing the glass.

anybody try palate wrecker? that is in my top 10 favorite brews.
    sigpic
    TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
    FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Heard about the Pliny thing up there.
      Cask of Palate Wrecker.

I like this today.
      sigpic

Comment

Palate wrecker holds up to its name. My roommate brought this home earlier: Mikkeller black. Nice taste and aroma but VERY boozey. Also had some 18yo glenlivet single malt which was fantastic.

Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Anyone a hitachino fan?
          sigpic

Comment

ugh this page is full of WIN! Love it. Pliny the Elder is my #3 favorite IPA, just barely behind Bear Republic Racer 15 and Dogfish 120 Minute. Pliny the Younger and Palate Wrecker are also incredibly good.

Oh and Mikkeller Black has to be in my top 5 favorite beers of all time. That stuff is magic in a bottle!

Comment

I am kind of loving golden road news as of late and they are local! Anyone been to the golden road brewery? I don't know who lives near a vendome liquor store but they update their instagram with new beers and wines, it's pretty cool.

Edit: decided to crack this open. Probably better split between a couple people. Very heavy and full of flavor.
              Last edited by mcskibadee1; 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM.
              sigpic
              FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

These were on sale for today only so I had to jump on it. Pretty Damn good.
                sigpic
                FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Got inspired to get some. Was never a huge laguinitas fan. But this one was good but not as great as it would seem based on how many people was trying to find this beer. Should have tried it when I saw it on tap a while back.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have always stayed at from lagunitas because all of their beers I have had were pretty bad. I was apprehensive about buying this but it was on sale and I have heard good things. At about $1.25 pet bottle I think it's a good deal for a good beer.
                    sigpic
                    FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

You got it at a good price. Why was it on sale? It was hard to get here and pretty hyped up, maybe that's why I'm judging it with a higher standard. But down here only one store had any left there were only 2 packs left after me. I paid twice what you did and people online were offering a lot more for some.
                      sigpic

Comment

Tried this based on a recomendation from a liq store employee. Ever since then, i've been struggling to find it as it's always sold out at that store and many others I've tried

11%...soo strong, but you'd hardly notice it....it's like candy it's so smooth!
                        Attached Files
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Finally got a handful of these
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Originally posted by giantkeeper View Post
                            Finally got a handful of these
                            WHORE! I got the first two. NJ didnt get distribution of this one. I suppose we can share :P

Comment

trying my first "sour". I was skeptical but this is amazing
                              sigpic
                              FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

local place had some Ballast Point Sculpin on cask.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X