Vintage Tamiya RC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Tamiya RC's

Anyone here intersted in Vintage Tamiya RC's? Thinking about getting rid of some to help support my E30 addiction. Here's what I have.

Bruiser: complete chassis ready to run (no body though, sold it)
    Monster Beetle: Complete new built, never run.
    F-350: not vintage, but complete.

i have an original midnight pumpkin...not as vintage as your bruiser but pretty old

Comment

i'm looking for the grasshopper w/o servos and receiver.

Comment

I allways wanted that Monster Beetle when i was a kid. But i got enuff r/c cars now, so i don't really need to get anymore. Throw some pictures up of them. And is the F-350 the one that came out not to long ago?

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post

That was the R/C car that started me on the slippery slope.....

I had the one that was black with red/orange/yellow stripes. It was before they even had those pistol grip remotes.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Got a friend w/ an original tamiya black foot. Sadly I dont' have any pics of the body, but his cousin, another rc guy did the body on it. Incredible two tone paint. Crazy guy, he actually runs the body on the truck for bashing... If you don't know, that body is worth around 400 on the bay for a good one.

Dont' currently have any, but have done a few TLT axle's to put into scale crawlers and such at the rc shop I used to help out at.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
              Got a friend w/ an original tamiya black foot. Sadly I dont' have any pics of the body, but his cousin, another rc guy did the body on it. Incredible two tone paint. Crazy guy, he actually runs the body on the truck for bashing... If you don't know, that body is worth around 400 on the bay for a good one.

Dont' currently have any, but have done a few TLT axle's to put into scale crawlers and such at the rc shop I used to help out at.
              my bro has his original blackfoot, they added/modified the design over the years... i think now you can score the super blackfoot

Comment

Yea F-350 came out earlier this year. Also have a blackfoot with novak brushless motor system. Goes 38-39mph according to the radar by my house.

Comment

I have a Nitro TC3 on crack, with the two speed trans it'll hit 70+ mph. All my vintage stuff busted into tiny bits years ago. Shoulda boxed those up and saved them.

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post

Holy crap, that brings back some memories. I remember drooling over that thing in my cousin's old-ass issues of RC Car Action.

Comment

it was the first car i played with as a little kid. was my dads. All i know is i ran it into the ground... so i want to get him a new one as soon as i have a kid so my kid can run it into the ground. heheh

Comment

my uncle used to have an RC car kinda like that a Fox or somethin like that, used to launch it off pieces of glass propped up against trees when i was younger (hes only 12 years older than i am so he was still a kid himself)
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Well, if we're bringin up other cars we've had, I've got a Revo 2.5 w/ JR controller and 595 I believe servo's w/ a O.S. .18 tm for a motor. Few other stuff done to it aswell.

Comment

Got a buddy that has a Grasshopper, had it for eons. As far as the Bruiser, if memory serves, those are worth more parted out. Another friend was into those heavily not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
                              I had the one that was black with red/orange/yellow stripes. It was before they even had those pistol grip remotes.

You are talking about the Hornet - an upgrade from the Grasshopper.

I had a Frog, a Big Bear (not Tamiya, but still vintage), and a Boomerang. eBayed all of them...:(
                              Aaron

Comment

Working...
                              X