Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Soccer/Futebol/Futbol Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch the CL?

Comment

La Copa Del Mundo coming soon!! Vamos Argentina carajo!!

On a more realistic note, either we will go down in flames worse than the 2002 WC, or....since there is no pressure on us to do good and no one thinks we will do well, we rock the house and get underestimated and go all the way. Being from Argentina, I vote the former. Were used to disappointment. But I want with all my heart to believe that Maradona did such a shitty job in qualifying on purpose and has it all figured out for the WC. But leaving it up to the 90th minute in the last game does NOT sound planned to me. FUck and we have so many great players!! How can we not be the shit!!

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
      1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
      1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
        La Copa Del Mundo coming soon!! Vamos Argentina carajo!!

On a more realistic note, either we will go down in flames worse than the 2002 WC, or....since there is no pressure on us to do good and no one thinks we will do well, we rock the house and get underestimated and go all the way. Being from Argentina, I vote the former. Were used to disappointment. But I want with all my heart to believe that Maradona did such a shitty job in qualifying on purpose and has it all figured out for the WC. But leaving it up to the 90th minute in the last game does NOT sound planned to me. FUck and we have so many great players!! How can we not be the shit!!
        Argentina will do well...they show up, but i doubt they will go all the way. I feel Spain is a mighty power at the moment, my $$ is on Spain going all the way....as long as its not Italy i wont mind...fucking hate Italy...

Comment

mastershake, you hating italy have anything to do with living in brooklyn?

IMO its really hard for me to picture a favorite right now,

Spain is the team of the hour, but with the exception of the last eurocopa they choke.
          Argentina cannot be counted out, in 78 they had a bad qualifier but won the trophy.
          Holland is waaay overdue, as long as they don't face Germany in the final match.

some of the big teams are going in without pressure, i just want to enjoy it.

anyone in SoCal / LA want to get together for some of the games?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mastershake View Post
            Argentina will do well...they show up, but i doubt they will go all the way. I feel Spain is a mighty power at the moment, my $$ is on Spain going all the way....as long as its not Italy i wont mind...fucking hate Italy...
            Yeah Spain (perennial underachievers in the WC) look like they have what it takes. Theyve won the Euro Cup so it looks like they have overcome their tendency to choke in important tournaments. Itd be nice if they won.
            Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
            mastershake, you hating italy have anything to do with living in brooklyn?

IMO its really hard for me to picture a favorite right now,

Spain is the team of the hour, but with the exception of the last eurocopa they choke.
            Argentina cannot be counted out, in 78 they had a bad qualifier but won the trophy.
            Holland is waaay overdue, as long as they don't face Germany in the final match.

some of the big teams are going in without pressure, i just want to enjoy it.

anyone in SoCal / LA want to get together for some of the games?
            Im down!!! Where in SoCal are you abouts?

Comment

Spain is fucked, Torres is out. Italy is old. Argentina will choke (sorry mariano).
              There is no clear winner per usual as long as premierships continue to play.
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Rigmaster
              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                Im down!!! Where in SoCal are you abouts?
                live in Alhambra, but call DTLA / Echo Park / Pasadena / Eagle Rock / Highland Park /
                Lincoln Hts and all the small surrounding areas that i forget home. You?

plenty of cool local spots to watch the game and grab some brews.

lets get the ball rolling on this!

just hope it goes better than the r3v dodger game day meet/drive i proposed in
                the socal boards, that idea went down without a fight :(
                sigpic

Comment

favorites for UCL? i really would like Bayern to take it, Barça is getting boring, they play great,
                  just would like to see someone else take things for a decent change, and Inter/Lyon arent as
                  fun for me to watch, maybe bc i dont follow the French or Italian game, but eh.
                  sigpic

Comment

live in Alhambra, but call DTLA / Echo Park / Pasadena / Eagle Rock / Highland Park /
                    Lincoln Hts and all the small surrounding areas that i forget home. You?

plenty of cool local spots to watch the game and grab some brews.

lets get the ball rolling on this!

just hope it goes better than the r3v dodger game day meet/drive i proposed in
                    the socal boards, that idea went down without a fight :(
                    Im in Glendale/Pasadena. I will be for the games anyways. MAN!! I wasnt around for the Dodger game thing! I just went to the one Ethier grand slammed in and homered in against the Giants!! I love the DOdgers!!

Comment

cool man, well talk details closer to game times! red lion pub (?) in silverlake was awesome
                      in Germany '06, but lets see what works out, a backyard type thing would be cool too.

this is OT but....

no man that dodger day never happened, it went sort of like this...

dvck : would anyone be interested in a cruise/drive to end at dodger stadium for
                      a pre-game meet and game?

r3v 1 : i hate baseball
                      r3v 2 : booring
                      r3v 3 : gtfo of our thread (im still fresh on these forums and had been making an intro to the SoCal board)

so that never went down, which sucks because i think it'd be a cool event, even for the ppl
                      that dont like baseball, games at dodger stadium can be enjoyed by everyone.

i bet if you proposed it though, it'd be a whole different atmosphere....
                      hell i think you should even if its just to see the response. ;)

lets get this thread back on topic though....

heres one for you Mariano....

vamos, vamos Argentina hay que ganar! yo te sigo a todas partes, a donde vas, cada dia te quiero massss!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                        Argentina will choke (sorry mariano).
                        No worries. Im not expecting too much either. It hurts my heart to say it, but its true.
                        cool man, well talk details closer to game times! red lion pub (?) in silverlake was awesome
                        in Germany '06, but lets see what works out, a backyard type thing would be cool too.

this is OT but....

no man that dodger day never happened, it went sort of like this...

dvck : would anyone be interested in a cruise/drive to end at dodger stadium for
                        a pre-game meet and game?

r3v 1 : i hate baseball
                        r3v 2 : booring
                        r3v 3 : gtfo of our thread (im still fresh on these forums and had been making an intro to the SoCal board)

so that never went down, which sucks because i think it'd be a cool event, even for the ppl
                        that dont like baseball, games at dodger stadium can be enjoyed by everyone.

i bet if you proposed it though, it'd be a whole different atmosphere....
                        hell i think you should even if its just to see the response. ;)

lets get this thread back on topic though....

vamos, vamos Argentina hay que ganar! yo te sigo a todas partes, a donde vas, cada dia te quiero massss!
                        Fuck it, lets do it!! Thanks for the picture. A+!!

Comment

wc games / dodgers :? both?!?!?! :D
                          sigpic

Comment

Why not?? Im all for havin a good time dude.

Comment

i like fri oct 3 vs SF for the dodger game.

wc i cant wait!

kinda happy that this years UCL final wont be a barcelona v EPL but that second goal that
                              barça made yesterday was legit. Bayern Munich for the championship!
                              sigpic

Comment

It's on!!!! Where you at Mariano!

Comment

Working...
                                X