No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this happened today. Likely the last time the XB-70 will be seen outdoors. (not my pics)

Pics courtesy of Ed Roo, XB-70 FB page.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

A few more of the XB-70 move

Out for a wash...

In its new home. (Good god that building is huge!)

Will
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Wright Patterson ????
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

The XB-70 is a sublimely interesting plane. I would love to see it some day.

I've actively avoided this thread because I have a history in the aviation field and it's a bit of a raw spot.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Hanger 5 was built for a shuttle till that debacle went ugly now one is languishing outside in the Bronx where its so out of place.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

so cool thanks for sharing. Seeing that thing is definitely high on the bucket list
              e92 M3
              e30 M3 s52 swap
              w203 C240 wagon (DD)
              190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                Hanger 5 was built for a shuttle till that debacle went ugly now one is languishing outside in the Bronx where its so out of place.
                Yes, aboard USS Intrepid, next to a Lockheed A12 that is getting destroyed by staff and the elements. Both the Shuttle and A12 need to find new homes in doors.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Another pic of mine from the Reno Air Races.

Yes, I posted two pics, but one is a crop of the other.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    Yes, aboard USS Intrepid, next to a Lockheed A12 that is getting destroyed by staff and the elements. Both the Shuttle and A12 need to find new homes in doors.

Will
                    Yeah, the morons that designed and approved of the space shuttle pavilion on Intrepid apparently didn't account for loss of power during a storm, so the protective structure deflated and damaged the shuttle
                    Idiots. The shuttle should not have gone to new york, but to somewhere they had a decent indoor museum that can either stand up to a minor hurricane or isn't in the path of them.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

Cool thread, I'd never heard of the XB-70 before.

To another Cold War bomber, the Vulcan. I went to see one of it's final flights earlier this month, today was the day it was finally grounded for good :( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-34652152

(pics not taken by me)

Twitter/Instagram - Kedge85

Comment

Originally posted by Kedge View Post
                        Cool thread, I'd never heard of the XB-70 before.

To another Cold War bomber, the Vulcan. I went to see one of it's final flights earlier this month, today was the day it was finally grounded for good :( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-34652152

(pics not taken by me)
                        I got to see the Vulcan fly when I was a kid. They brought it over for the Abbotsford Airshow in the early '80s.

They should bring it here to North America and get it on the Airshow circuit as the rules that have grounded it in England do not apply here. Its a truly awesome sight to see. The other possibility is move all the good parts from that Vulcan to one of the few in the states and fly those.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Its going to be another cold winter for us B52 crew chiefs in North Dakota... fml.
                          Already started snowing here.

Comment

God why won't you let this bird die?

220K views, 1.8K likes, 7 loves, 151 comments, 3.8K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Sikorsky: VIDEO: The U.S. Marine Corps aviation mission continues. Watch the successful #CH53Kff here;

Not sure if I cut the link but it shows the new and improved CH-53K three engine monster. Glad I'm retiring this year so I hope I will not be loading these anymore.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              God why won't you let this bird die?

220K views, 1.8K likes, 7 loves, 151 comments, 3.8K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Sikorsky: VIDEO: The U.S. Marine Corps aviation mission continues. Watch the successful #CH53Kff here;

Not sure if I cut the link but it shows the new and improved CH-53K three engine monster. Glad I'm retiring this year so I hope I will not be loading these anymore.
                              Cost effectiveness... Same issue here with the B52H. The airframe is still much cheaper to maintain then our other bomber fleets.

Comment

Originally posted by Wing View Post

Its going to be another cold winter for us B52 crew chiefs in North Dakota... fml.
                                Already started snowing here.
                                man that looks about how I'd imagined it. You guys have a pretty cool mission, history, lineage, etc, even if it happens in Minot. FWIW, I would never even think of planning a fuel stop in Minot, lest the jet break and I get stuck there :)
                                e92 M3
                                e30 M3 s52 swap
                                w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                                190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

Working...
                                X