Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Prius

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    lol

    But my daily is a 5.7 CrewMax Tundra. 10MPG city!!!!

    :D

    [IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

    Comment


      #92
      Yall this is spam...

      Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

      Comment


        #93
        my wife has a 2015 ford cmax energi. 20 bucks worth of gas gave me half a tank. that lasted me a whole month. my commute is 14 miles 1 way pure freeway. if i could charge at work i dont think id have to put gas in her car for a good while. its a pretty good car just dont expect much room in the trunk with a big battery in the back. i told my wife the hybrid probably would have been a better choice, since she only charges in the night and electric only last for like 20 something miles, its less on the freeway.

        Comment


          #94
          There was a European review some years ago that pitted a Prius against an e60 520d - in the real world with a combination of city, highway and mountain driving the 520d came out on top by a couple of mpg. The new Prius now is no doubt better than the old '08 model though. The Honda mild-hybrids aren't in the same league as the Toyotas.

          Still - a pity BMW doesn't sell their small diesels in the US. With the particulate filter fitted they're still a decent green choice. My 320d averages 38 - 41mpg urban and up to 50 - 57mpg highway depending on how heavy my right foot is.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            First gen Insight or GTFO.
            I agree, those things were really cool.
            I do things.

            Comment


              #96
              ahh, spammers bumping ancient threads..

              Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
              She even thinks all diesels are the work of the devil (including the new low-emission ones from VW and Mercedes).
              funny how the passage of time changes things so drastically. It turns out, those new "low-emissions" VW diesels were one of the worst polluting cars made in the last 20 years, and all 3 German car makers are under investigation for emissions cheating.

              And clearly, BEV's are going to kill off hybrids, which aren't that much better than regular gas cars anyway. Sales of the Prius have been dropping for years. Still way too many of them in the left lane though..
              Build thread

              Bimmerlabs

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by nando View Post
                Still way too many of them in the left lane though..
                this is why they all need to die.

                fun side note: they will get into triple digits if you try hard enough and are brave... they really dont like it
                Simon
                Current Car:
                -2003 Mini Cooper
                -1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                Previous Car Count : 23 ... and climbing...

                Make R3V Great Again -2020

                Comment


                  #98
                  Toyota Prius

                  Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  this is why they all need to die.



                  fun side note: they will get into triple digits if you try hard enough and are brave... they really dont like it


                  Did this once a long time ago in a 2nd gen chasing my buddy in his E90 down 101 near Santa Barbara. Car is limited at about 105. Scary as all hell BUT he got the speeding ticket, not the dumbass in a Prius.


                  Ezekiel 25:17
                  Last edited by majdomo; 05-16-2019, 08:50 PM.
                  Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                  The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                  The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                  The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

                  Comment


                    #99
                    I daily'ed a Prius from work for almost a decade. It's just an entirely different thing. I'm sure those who drive modified BMW's will not be the Prius market, but for those average anybodies who drive a Civic/Camry/whatever, it's a great choice. $20 gets you 400 miles, hatchback has tons of room, rear passengers have more leg room than my old m5.

                    I think the dislike of the frequency of them stems from their being an everycar. People used to say all Civic drivers sucked, or the like. It's just a car for people who only use cars to commute and aren't enthusiasts. Covers a broad audience.
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                      I daily'ed a Prius from work for almost a decade. It's just an entirely different thing. I'm sure those who drive modified BMW's will not be the Prius market, but for those average anybodies who drive a Civic/Camry/whatever, it's a great choice. $20 gets you 400 miles, hatchback has tons of room, rear passengers have more leg room than my old m5.

                      I think the dislike of the frequency of them stems from their being an everycar. People used to say all Civic drivers sucked, or the like. It's just a car for people who only use cars to commute and aren't enthusiasts. Covers a broad audience.


                      It’s a transportation appliance. A good one at that. But agreed, not exactly for the enthusiast set.


                      Ezekiel 25:17
                      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

                      Comment


                        The Prius is no fun to drive at all and was never intended to be.

                        The same can be said of a Veyron (as a daily) They are cramped, loud and stupid expensive.

                        [IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

                        Comment


                          ^and hopelessly ugly
                          @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20B25, T3/T04E 60 trim (18psi), megasquirt, coilovers, Z3 rack, cold AC
                          [b u i l d]
                          [Car of the month: April 2018]

                          0c8b7c9527af628a346878feb14bf757

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                            The Prius is no fun to drive at all and was never intended to be.

                            The same can be said of a Veyron (as a daily) They are cramped, loud and stupid expensive.
                            I'm pretty sure only Saudi princes own those anyway. Probably as their 'beater' car for the weekdays.
                            Build thread

                            Bimmerlabs

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                              lol

                              But my daily is a 5.7 CrewMax Tundra. 10MPG city!!!!

                              :D
                              Same. Lifted Supercrew 5.4 on 33s, gets about 8 around town and 12 on the highway.

                              I try to take my GF's Civic anywhere I can cuz that thing literally sips gas compared to my guzzler.
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              beer is my new liver cleanse.

                              Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X