Going for trip to So.Cal+Nevada in Aug, any suggestions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    I will need to take you on the debauchery tour I take everyone on. I shall PM you my cell number. Lots of greatness to experience.


    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • nosignal
    replied
    Hertz has a pretty decent selection of "fun" rental cars if you don't want to deal with the mileage restrictions that a lot of the exotic rental places have.

    I have a 350Z Vert booked for my trip out to San Diego which I'm leaving for in like 18 hours. :D

    Have fun on your trip man. We went last year too and there was no contest as to where we were going this year - there is soo much to do in SoCal.

    Leave a comment:


  • VacMan
    replied
    Go to cars n coffee in Irvine on an early Saturday morning. All the exotics you can shake a stick at and a lot of nice old bmws too. 2 weeks ago when I was there I took pics of an E12 with a small block chevy in it with 500+ hp. Best of all, it's free!



    Tim

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    Thanks for the auto suggestions. Actually, i've gotten a hold of a company called mid west motors out of LAX. They rent practically anything from Z4's to MB convertables to Mini convertables etc.

    The rate isnt' too bad either.

    Thanks for the suggestions!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pedro
    replied
    Originally posted by Hairos E30
    oh i didn't know there was in-n-out only here and vegas i thought it was everywhere...

    oh and also try the Original Tommy's burger(2575 W. Beverly Blvd) its my favorite chili fries in California..u cant go wrong here...
    Dont forget to try The Hat too.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley Rockefeller
    when exactly are you guys out there? I'll be out there at the end of July-Aug.
    we fly in july 18th but only stay long enough to get avi some experimental aids treatment, snag a car and drive back to gods country

    Leave a comment:


  • Hairos E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Pedro
    Fuddruckers isnt bad but also try Inn N Out while your there. Its only in CA and Vegas.
    oh i didn't know there was in-n-out only here and vegas i thought it was everywhere...

    oh and also try the Original Tommy's burger(2575 W. Beverly Blvd) its my favorite chili fries in California..u cant go wrong here...
    Last edited by Hairos E30; 06-29-2008, 09:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sam Cogley
    replied
    If you hit Reno, the National Automobile Museum is a great way to spend a few hours.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pedro
    replied
    Originally posted by Hairos E30
    go eat at Fuddruckers its located in Burbank..in front of the burbank mall..
    the best cheeseburgers around are there....and get a #1...
    Fuddruckers isnt bad but also try Inn N Out while your there. Its only in CA and Vegas.

    If you want to do the tourist stuff then going to hollywood is cool but definatly try to hit up the beaches mention. Plus Long Beach and San Pedro area, go check out the fresh fish markets.

    Cruise up and down PCH if you want a nice drive. I dont know where your going to stay and how many days you are going to be there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    yes , avi is my bitch and flies into gods country to service me regularly. he sold his m3 and lives in manhattan now and has a bus pass. we are heading out to california together in a few weeks.

    when exactly are you guys out there? I'll be out there at the end of July-Aug.

    Leave a comment:


  • drift
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley Rockefeller
    i wanna have a good time, but I don't wanna spend it going to bars etc. and we know how to spend the $ on stuff thats worthwhile checking out.

    Anything euro car or bmw related? any neat shops I should chech out (heck if I can find a cool shop with used BMW stuff I'd be in heaven!)?

    Also, any suggestions on interesting places to eat, places to go for a run, or scenic areas?

    we wanna check out Hollywood as well as Beverly Hills as well.

    We plan on getting a rental car (*any suggestions for companies in LA?)so our options will be rather limitless on what we can do and where we can go

    thanks in advance

    * I noticed that there's quite a few places that rent exotics cars and convertables. Is there anywhere you guys would recommend for an interesting convertable that's not ghey like a Chrysler Sebring? I'd love to have a manual tranny car, as I had a HOOT last fall in Germany on the Autobahn in my Opel (Saturn) Astra Cabrio (hard top convertable).
    San Diego ( regret my camera at the old town area ), La Jolla, and some other areas around there are pretty nice views. I had a alamo rental car, it was nice. As far as manual trans car ( i would prefer to), i had no luck at all aka they never have one, idk probably the high-end sports cars rentals do.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley Rockefeller
    You're stil on contact with Avi? he still have his M3? how's he been?
    yes , avi is my bitch and flies into gods country to service me regularly. he sold his m3 and lives in manhattan now and has a bus pass. we are heading out to california together in a few weeks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockefeller
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    whats there dude? avi and i will be passing thru in a few weeks
    You're stil on contact with Avi? he still have his M3? how's he been?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hairos E30
    replied
    go eat at Fuddruckers its located in Burbank..in front of the burbank mall..
    the best cheeseburgers around are there....and get a #1...

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Santa Barbara, California is nice, about 40 miles north of me in Ventura.

    Leave a comment:

Working...