Which should I buy Dodge Charger RT or Dodge Magnum RT

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gearheadE30
    replied
    Yup, here's some info on the swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • BimmerTom
    replied
    Originally posted by gearheadE30
    If you want performace, Dodge is definitely not the way to go. And Chrysler interiors in general FTL....

    If you want a cool car, pick up a 1996 Chevy Impala SS and do a T56 swap ;).

    I second that vote. For 22,000, you could get a hell of a buildup on a Impala. Just get the 96 model (as mentioned earlier) for the better dash and the center console is ready to go for a manual.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolla1990
    The trannys are junk (normal for Mopars) but the Hemi engines seem to hold up pretty well. And if you buy it new, you should be able to get the lifetime powertrain warranty. The biggest problems are electronic as these cars have so many modules and junk wiring just waiting to short out and make your car into a 4000 pound paperweight.

    Sorry if I seem so cynical, but I guess all I see all day is broken Mopars.
    no problem :p it's the whole point of the thread :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Rolla1990
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean5294
    how are they as far as the drive train goes?

    The trannys are junk (normal for Mopars) but the Hemi engines seem to hold up pretty well. And if you buy it new, you should be able to get the lifetime powertrain warranty. The biggest problems are electronic as these cars have so many modules and junk wiring just waiting to short out and make your car into a 4000 pound paperweight.

    Sorry if I seem so cynical, but I guess all I see all day is broken Mopars.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave
    Dynasty - in Baby Blue with a Landau top.
    Hmmmmm!:)

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave
    replied
    Dynasty - in Baby Blue with a Landau top.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    thanks for the great input! keep in mind i do currently have a Magnum which has been a really great car so far. i think i should have listed the price range as well which is around $22000 far a car. this will not be a new car. from what i understand from researching they get around 24mpg on the highway, i averaged close to 30 with our v6 model last week during a 800 mile trip.

    Leave a comment:


  • drift
    replied
    I guess you really want the 'look at me' scene by the AARP folks while you are on it, instead of practical performance?

    It's totally cool...it's a great american classic.

    I would get the latest GT-R instead, if possible.
    or the almighty BMW so to speak ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Spiff325iS
    replied
    I second the notion of an E39 540 Touring.

    Leave a comment:


  • gearheadE30
    replied
    If you want performace, Dodge is definitely not the way to go. And Chrysler interiors in general FTL....

    If you want a cool car, pick up a 1996 Chevy Impala SS and do a T56 swap ;).

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Personally I wouldn't buy either, ever. I drove a buddy's Charger R/T with the 5.7L V8... and hated it. I have seriously never driven anything as poor as that thing, and it had less than 10k miles on it in excellent condition(brand spanking new).

    Driving wise, my family's 96 suburban had more driving feel and was more fun to drive. And I hated the suburban too! The Charger's seating position is all wrong, I hate the interior design, the car feels waaay too disconnected from the road steering and suspension wise, the brakes blow, the transmission......is automatic('nuff said), the car's huge, and is quite portly. I had zero confidence driving that thing, other than the ability to accelerate quickly. Plus, the fuel economy's pretty bad for a daily driver type car anyway. It's navigation system leaves much to be desired as well.

    On the plus side, it has a good stereo, comfy seats, is quiet, and has....cupholders.

    To me the whole reason to own that car is the styling, as a driving machine it is horrendous. It's your decision, but I wouldn't touch the Charger with a ten foot pole, nor it's wagon sibling (magnum).

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by SpecM
    -those were kinda cool
    yes, but it must have the woodgrain sides on it!

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    Get an older mini van with a 2.5 turbo and a 5 speed :o
    -those were kinda cool

    Leave a comment:


  • Car Addict
    replied
    ^^^^^ winnar

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Get an older mini van with a 2.5 turbo and a 5 speed :o

    Leave a comment:

Working...