Advice to world travelers/backpackers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eviltwin
    replied
    Originally posted by rwh11385
    Hey man, I know your PNW crew can be slim pickens when it comes to brain cells that have survived bong hits, but don't think just because intelligent people are not jealous of the Japanese economy nor the "us too" nature of Canada that it is blind faith.

    I can think realistically about what the US has to offer, and it's not always the best and only way to roll... but certainly only an uneducated pothead moron would try to claim the Japanese economy right now is better than the US's.

    Maybe you should fuck up and learn something, like people's outlook before you claim they have blind faith.




    In that thread, I even mention the world's annoyance with the US's pride... which again I mentioned in this thread.

    That said, I would never lie to say I'm a fucking canuck.
    rwh, you must be a laugh-riot at parties.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    It's amazing how roughed-up people can get when you go anywhere near their blind faith.

    'My country is the greatest country on earth because I was born here!'
    Hey man, I know your PNW crew can be slim pickens when it comes to brain cells that have survived bong hits, but don't think just because intelligent people are not jealous of the Japanese economy nor the "us too" nature of Canada that it is blind faith.

    I can think realistically about what the US has to offer, and it's not always the best and only way to roll... but certainly only an uneducated pothead moron would try to claim the Japanese economy right now is better than the US's.

    Maybe you should shut the fuck up and learn something, like people's outlook before you claim they have blind faith.


    Originally posted by rwh11385
    Ted, have you been to Denmark? Germany? UK? France? Holland? I need to get my ass to Copenhagen badly. Denmark is the happiest place on earth, not Disney World.

    It's great to do well and be fairly rewarded. It's great to have freedom, but what do we choose to do with it?

    There's positive and negative things about other countries, and I guess I feel a lot of people always think that America is the best way and only way, and that makes their opinion matter much less than someone open to understanding other people's perspectives to further the discussion and have a more complete argument. Works much better than simply bickering back and forth as "Nuh Huh" "Yah Huh".
    In that thread, I even mention the world's annoyance with the US's pride... which again I mentioned in this thread.

    That said, I would never lie to say I'm a fucking canuck.
    Last edited by rwh11385; 08-22-2008, 09:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eviltwin
    replied
    Originally posted by rwh11385
    he's just upset his entire country is controlled by the whims of the US.

    51st fucking state
    for real hombre...

    we're like the nations basement living pawns who refuse to spread our wing and leave the nest.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray McCooney
    I'll contest this.

    The Japanese often insert r's in place of l's and vice versa, not w's in place of r's with respect to phonetics. Japanese syllabary includes the syllables ra, re, ro, ri, ru, which to a native english speaker would sound like a combination of la, le, lo, li, lu and ra, re, ro, ri, ru. They tend to have a problem with the distinction between r's and l's in the context of the english language, as there is no representation of a separate r or l phonetic sound in Japanese. There is a clear representation of the wa sound, phonetically speaking, therefore they would not misplace such a syllable when trying to represnt the english word "really" (there is no we syllable, only wa and wo).
    "I'm...so...ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sad rearl rone"

    Originally posted by Eviltwin
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!

    DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!!!!!!!

    rwh11385 you can be a finger puppet, as I clearly have my hand up your ass, and are easily manipulated.
    It's amazing how roughed-up people can get when you go anywhere near their blind faith.

    'My country is the greatest country on earth because I was born here!'

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    youd like to think so dj dickweed. you control nobody here
    if i were closer id make you my personal bitch. i imagine a 52 inch chest with firm tits would look good in a sundress holding onto my beltloop like the prison yard bitch youd be
    he's just upset his entire country is controlled by the whims of the US.

    51st fucking state

    Leave a comment:


  • Eviltwin
    replied
    I like the cut of your jib.

    We should party.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by Eviltwin
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!

    DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!!!!!!!

    rwh11385 you can be a finger puppet, as I clearly have my hand up your ass, and are easily manipulated.
    youd like to think so dj dickweed. you control nobody here
    if i were closer id make you my personal bitch. i imagine a 52 inch chest with firm tits would look good in a sundress holding onto my beltloop like the prison yard bitch youd be

    Leave a comment:


  • Eviltwin
    replied
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!

    DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!!!!!!!

    rwh11385 you can be a finger puppet, as I clearly have my hand up your ass, and are easily manipulated.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lair
    replied
    Originally posted by Mot
    You know whats funny, I'm usually pretty liberal on a lot of subjects, but geezus you are just as bad as any conservative mud slinger.

    I've been watching the NeoCon machine for the last 7 years. I've learned how to do things the BushCo way. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Lair
    replied
    I can't take the beatdown from all these little kids.

    Where's that suicide manual?

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    My aunt travels to Thailand, Indonesia and Europe a lot and she say's that she's tested this out and it definetly makes a difference. Not trying to offend anybody, but i'm sure theres a couple theories as to why.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by Mot
    You know whats funny, I'm usually pretty liberal on a lot of subjects, but geezus you are just as bad as any conservative mud slinger. Do you have any actual replies or just google images?
    No. He's proven again and again he has no idea what he is talking about, but then says he's older so he knows better (although ignorance knows no age), or cuts and brings up another topic whether it'd be predicting a draft, mentioning winfall profits for oil, etc. etc. or going back to a topic he has already been beaten on.

    The funny thing is Ted or anyone else will tell you my alignment with Republican economic policies is based on economic understanding, along with others here, not allegiance to a party's doctrine. I heavily disagree with McCain's mention of eliminating the gas tax over the summer and am not blindly following anyone. Sadly, Lair has NO ability to understand economics besides reading lib rolls and posting links to numbers without context...

    Leave a comment:


  • Ray McCooney
    replied
    Originally posted by Eviltwin
    when I toured Japan/Tokyo there was no chance in hell anybody could pronounce the letter "R".

    what you really meant to type was "Weawwy"
    I'll contest this.

    The Japanese often insert r's in place of l's and vice versa, not w's in place of r's with respect to phonetics. Japanese syllabary includes the syllables ra, re, ro, ri, ru, which to a native english speaker would sound like a combination of la, le, lo, li, lu and ra, re, ro, ri, ru. They tend to have a problem with the distinction between r's and l's in the context of the english language, as there is no representation of a separate r or l phonetic sound in Japanese. There is a clear representation of the wa sound, phonetically speaking, therefore they would not misplace such a syllable when trying to represnt the english word "really" (there is no we syllable, only wa and wo).

    I've been to Japan numerous times and have seen a good deal of the country as a whole, I almost get the impression that you have either not actually been there or that you just didn't pay that much attention while you were there. No offense, just respectully disagreeing. Rearry. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Mot
    You know whats funny, I'm usually pretty liberal on a lot of subjects, but geezus you are just as bad as any conservative mud slinger. Do you have any actual replies or just google images?
    He has Lair Logic, fueled by purple Koolaid and a lack of O2 to the brain.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mot
    replied
    You know whats funny, I'm usually pretty liberal on a lot of subjects, but geezus you are just as bad as any conservative mud slinger. Do you have any actual replies or just google images?

    Leave a comment:

Working...