Advice to world travelers/backpackers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rwh11385
    replied
    All my co-workers in the UK hated Bush like Lair and seemed to think that's the only thing going on here. I guess laughing at Bush was better than being concerned about their social issues like middle school gangs stabbing a kid to death (this wasn't uncommon either).

    On my adventures in Munich, some locals said the only thing that annoyed them about the US was "too much flag" or too much pride in ourselves... but you will get that from everyone if you are successful.

    Sorry world, the US doesn't suck as much as media wants us to believe like Lair.

    Leave a comment:


  • TwoJ's
    replied
    Originally posted by uofom3
    I'm curious why you would post this in an American forum - suggesting that we should grab the Can. flag and use it as a shield. It doesn't make any sense.

    The end of the day, the thing that really gets me is that Canada, the UK, Germany, France, effectively the entire UN, etc. are heavily dependent on the US for protection and trade. Yet, they sit back and arm-chair QB the situation. When shit hits the fan, who is going to get called in? The USA. Look at the Georgian situation; france comes in, does some talking, Russia agrees to some BS document, everyone hails a victory. What was the out come? Russian troops dug in, moved closer, and seized Georgian military. Why? They want the ports. SO, we send in Rice, and at least "some" real withdrawal is taken.

    If we went away, Russia would take over a large amount of Europe and China would begin rebuilding their imperial ways.

    Funny thing is, I don't think Americans have to talk about how great we are. In spite of hate speach of this country from all over the world, we still do more for just about every form of aid that the vast majority of the rest of the world combined.

    Well said. You saved me from having to type out pretty much the exact thing.

    For what it's worth though, when my rugby team toured England and Ireland we did experience some "hate". There were three or four of us walking back to the hostel from the pub and some skinny little english bitch shouts from across the street, "Hey, fuck you Yankees!" And kept repeating it. I am not a small guy, and I was walking with the two props on my team (big, fit guys), and if we had been on friendly soil the guy would have gotten a beating.

    Then when we went to Ireland the experience was completely different. The first pub we walked in to in Dublin, the old Irish fellow behind the bar said, "Hey, Americans! Come sit, have a beer."

    While I don't think that these isolated experiences speak for the entirety of either country, I ended up liking Ireland MUCH better than England. And no matter what any Brit twat said, I would never try to cover up the good old stars and stripes that were on our jerseys and ruck sacks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Miasma
    replied
    I guess I don't quite understand what you meant. sari

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied


    What's funny about how fucked up some European cultures are? A lot of places can make Jerry Springer look normal

    and Londoners fly the Texan flag there at the Texas Embassy

    Leave a comment:


  • Miasma
    replied
    Originally posted by rwh11385
    Go to the Texas Embassy in London. I never got the chance but wear cowboy boots and hat and sell the pregnant 14 yo on the street to piss off
    Are you trying to be funny? You need to do much better than that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ray McCooney
    replied
    I call Shenanigans OP.

    Also, you would not believe the warm reception I received when sporting a CnB patch on my back-pack during numerous stints in Japan. Rearry. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by AriasATX
    I would rather wear an American flag and get my ass jumped than hide behind any other country's flag, Coward.

    And now that I think about it I will just sport my Texas flag like I already do.
    Go to the Texas Embassy in London. I never got the chance but wear cowboy boots and hat and sell the pregnant 14 yo on the street to piss off

    Leave a comment:


  • Miasma
    replied
    I would rather wear an American flag and get my ass jumped than hide behind any other country's flag, Coward.

    And now that I think about it I will just sport my Texas flag like I already do.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinepig
    I actually have represented the USA in an International competition in Portugal, Everybody was really nice to us as we were to them.
    oh yeah, i read about that....portugal recognizes semen tasting as an international competition

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Il Duce
    Woah- Slow down people... what's with all this animosity toward the Canadians? Evil twin doesn't represent Canada just like you don't represent the USA... Cool it!

    I actually have represented the USA in an International competition in Portugal, Everybody was really nice to us as we were to them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    You guys are so retarded it's unreal. Ban evil twin and lair pronto.

    And miss out on the next instalment of Lairs logic, no fuckin way.:D

    Leave a comment:


  • Lair
    replied
    Originally posted by hugh jass
    i'm glad lair at least presents a contrary voice to all the conservatards here



    Who knew that so many rethugnicans drive e30's?

    They must all be the lower echelon of Dubya's "base".

    I guess even the "haves, and have mores" need to start at the bottom.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    kekeke that was good. Believe me I know, modern science it preventing the brains from figuring out how to get me a job.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eviltwin
    replied
    Originally posted by s0urce
    I can modify quotes too.
    you can modify quotes, send men to the moon, and clone humans.
    but getting Farbin a job is science fiction

    Leave a comment:


  • s0urce
    replied
    Originally posted by Eviltwin
    fixed.
    I like buttsechs
    I can modify quotes too.

    Leave a comment:

Working...